Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Red Corsairs (or generic Chaos Space Marines)

Post subject: Re: Red Corsairs (or generic Chaos Space Marines)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mordoten wrote:
Not very interestedin this list but like in high school when there was a fat chick around sometimes you had to take one for the team...
That was my sister! :P

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On second thought i won't do this. I have actually no interest in the list. The chaos list i*m building (and will be helping to playtest after the knights and space wolves are done) is the Deathguard list which looks like awesomesauce compared to this!

The mechanicum lists, the Gargant big Mob and the deathguard lists re the ones I'm interested in and will help in any way i can (well, some things has to change before AdMech lists outside the knight list will be considered). Space Wolves I'm doing because i think such an iconic lists should be a part of the approves ones!

Good luck with the list, hope somene that's actually is interested in it will step up for it!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Aw; was getting high hopes of this seeing some life ..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

mordoten wrote:
On second thought i won't do this. I have actually no interest in the list. The chaos list i*m building (and will be helping to playtest after the knights and space wolves are done) is the Deathguard list which looks like awesomesauce compared to this!

The mechanicum lists, the Gargant big Mob and the deathguard lists re the ones I'm interested in and will help in any way i can (well, some things has to change before AdMech lists outside the knight list will be considered). Space Wolves I'm doing because i think such an iconic lists should be a part of the approves ones!

Good luck with the list, hope somene that's actually is interested in it will step up for it!

Fair enough, far better to not getting involved in something you're not interested in than forcing yourself

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've just started building a Red Corsairs list based army as I love this list as it stands so I hope any changes that are made are minor tweaks rather than dramatic ones.

I don't really get the inspiring on the Warhound (or why they aren't BL style chaos titans for that matter, but i guess it makes sense from a certain point of view). But that's my only real question re this list. I haven't used a thunderhawk yet so can't comment on that apparent beef.

Battle Reports Thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:00 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'm pleased to announce that Kyussinchains is taking over the vacant Red Corsairs AC post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:06 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Good onya Kyuss!

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Excellent!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:46 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Cheers fellas :)

not looking to re-write the list from the ground up here, plenty of guys have built armies already and I'd rather not invalidate those and lose all playtesters!

I'm focusing on the Imperial Fists over the next couple of months, but when they're firmly on the path to approval I'll shift my attention to the Red Corsairs and we can push it forwards

Can I have a show of hands from people interested in playtesting and pushing for approval? I'd also like some opinions on what they think the list needs

currently I think the structure is fine, but the list is a bit too powerful, combining the very best bits from space marines (air assault, proper orbital bombardment, hunters) with the good stuff from the chaos marines (daemons, larger formation sizes, fearless cult marines, chaos aircraft)

At the very least I'd like to remove inspiring from warhounds, it's just not merited in the background and makes them just that bit too good....

Ideally to emphasize the raiding, piratical nature of the force, I think we should do away with titans altogether, although I think this will be too much for existing players....

so, share your experiences and wishes for the list and let's get it finished! playtests always appreciated, as well as theoretical discussion, anecdotes and pretty much anything as long as it's relevant :)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

So following from Steve54's post previously about the list with my own views added:

Steve54 wrote:
Batreps - a cursory search came up blank but I'm sure their have been some, certainly quite a few active players have RC armies.

can't stress enough how important batreps are! :)

Quote:
For me the list just really needs tidying and stressing
Tidying - flyers to match BL

I'm sure nobody has any objections to this?

Quote:
- does it need all the options?

Personally I'd say it could do with a bit of a clearout, stuff like different varieties of obliterator could probably go, maybe chaos spawn.... I'd be keen to restrict the cult marines and units to a single type in the army (ie. you're unable to take units from multiple factions)... thoughts?

Quote:
- daemon summoning, follow BL or not?

this is the question! I think the combination of deathwind pods to prep engagements, coupled with the ability to summon daemons really makes this an evil list, my initial thoughts are either to remove the free daemon from a pact, or increase the cost/limit pact availability.... but open to ideas!

Quote:
Stressing - fearless Thawks

I just don't think the thawks need fearless, the eldar vampire is only DC2 and suffers the same fate.... fearless thawks without ATSKNF are very nasty, they don't auto die and can only ever fly off with 4 blast markers as opposed to 6 for a loyal thawk.... I think fearless is a bad way to address the ease of breaking/destroying the unit

Quote:
.... - thawk loads - berzerkers etc....

stress away!

Quote:
.... - inspring warhounds....

these seem pretty unpopular and I just can't see a justification, my preference is to remove inspiring altogether

Quote:
With an active and sensible champion I think it would get input and traction pretty quickly

I'll endeavour to be both! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

my Iron Warriors are specifically designed to be modular force to also work as Vraks and RC capable collection so you know I'm interested. I'm glad that you're focusing on the scrounge/pirate theme as that's what Chaos forces are. They're rganized like a drug cartel gang, chronically short on supplies, and much like a shark, have to keep moving forwards otherwise they die. Andy Chambers had posted this link (long read but worth it) that the author of really nails the vibe we should shoot for / keep in mind.

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/s ... Is-Rubbish

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Excellent news. congratulations Kyuss.

I'd be up for testing this when we get the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great to see this list back in active development! I will be building a Chaos army once I finish with my Iyanden, and should be able to help playtest.

Streamlining the list to remove some of the kitchen sink options sounds good. If cult units were restricted to one faction per list, I'd much rather see the Black Legion summoning rules and daemon units in this list: swap out the Deathwind pods for regular Dreadclaws if the drop-summon-assault combination is too powerful. The generic daemons are far worse than any of the named versions, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for an army to have Berserkers, Blood Slaughterers and Brass Scorpions but no access to Khorne daemons...

That would also make the Red Corsairs a single list for the tournament pack that can be used to build proper post-heresy Khorne renegades, Slaanesh renegades etc, without them all needing unique sub-lists.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fantastic new mate. My Emperor's Children have been built to also use this list so im dead keen to help out with battle reps.

kyussinchains wrote:
At the very least I'd like to remove inspiring from warhounds, it's just not merited in the background and makes them just that bit too good....

I have no drama with this at all. Losing larger titans wouldn't really bother me either as I don't own any ;)

kyussinchains wrote:

Quote:
- does it need all the options?

Personally I'd say it could do with a bit of a clearout, stuff like different varieties of obliterator could probably go, maybe chaos spawn.... I'd be keen to restrict the cult marines and units to a single type in the army (ie. you're unable to take units from multiple factions)... thoughts?

Maulers have no point imho. I really enjoy being able to take Noise Marines and Beserkers in the same list however. Maybe a chaos champion character could need to be taken for the additional god troops?

kyussinchains wrote:
Quote:
- daemon summoning, follow BL or not?

this is the question! I think the combination of deathwind pods to prep engagements, coupled with the ability to summon daemons really makes this an evil list, my initial thoughts are either to remove the free daemon from a pact, or increase the cost/limit pact availability.... but open to ideas!

Im ok with losing the free daemon.

Battle Reports Thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:24 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Good to have some interest! I'll start a new thread to discuss the direction of the list sometime soon, but for now I'd like to put two minor changes out for all playtests from now on:

Please remove inspiring from warhounds, and drop them to 275, also remove fearless from thunderhawks (no points change at this time)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next