Login |  Register |  FAQ

What's this all about then?

Post subject: What's this all about then?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi there, ?

it was suggested to me by the Tac-Com 'Powers That Be' that this may well be a very good place for people to discuss and provide input into the development of the Command Horizon project. ?While there is already a Yahoo group devoted to the system, I felt that I had to agree. ?There seems to be a very strong and active membership here with lots of good ideas and a very firm idea of what they like!

So...here we go.

Some of you may be familiar with CH already. ?Some may not. ?I thought I'd start the ball rolling by outlining what we are doing and how we are going about it.

The Command Horizon Model range

Baccus has acquired the old Gladiator Games 'Hardkill' range. ?This forms the basis of the CH models. ?We have already started the process of remoulding and in some cases remodelling the older items. ?You can see all the initial releases Baccus 6mm site

Thus far we have released a part of the human range. ?There are a significant number of models yet to come, many of which were never actually released before.

There are also two well developed Alien races; The Centaurs and the Worms. ?Both are scheduled for release sometime in 2007. ? Once again we are having to overhaul these models in order to release them in the CH format, and once again there are some models that were never released. ?The most notable of these are the Centaur 'walking city' sections. ?

Two more races are partially developed and there are plans to get these out in 2008. ?These have never seen the light of day and exist only in master form.

Command Horizon Rules

We are developing a full rules system to accompany the range. ?Version 2.9 is available for download on the Baccus site. ?I'll add it here if anyone can point me to a files section or similar.

The aim of the rules is (predictably) to give a fun, fast-moving, easy to play game. ? To my own surprise, they are turning out to do just that. ? :D

They are unusual in that they are designed for larger actions rather than mass skirmish games. ?They are not for the rivet counters out there. ?We've kept very broad bands for weaponry. movement etc. focusing the play on the command, not necessarily the hardware.

The game does use 60mm x 60mm bases rather than individually mounted models. ? Lots of reasons for this, but my own favourite is that it allows you to make really effective 'mini-dioramas' with your units. ?Have a look at some of the bases that we've done and you'll see what I mean.

The Command Horizon Background

This is currently the missing link. ?In fact we've actually created a full background to the CH universe, complete with timelines, ?histories and factions. ? Unfortunately the member of the team who was managing the dedicated site put up for this purpose got taken ill just prior to launch, so this will be delayed until early next year.

Maksim is a member of the core development group, and I think that he'll confirm just how much we've managed to put into this section.

We'll be adding to this as time goes on with army lists, faction colour vehicle schemes/marking etc.

So, that's the CH project to date. ? Please feel free to ask questions and make suggestions about any of the above. ? Please start separate threads for specific areas as I've covered too much ground in this post to keep all the replies here.

I'll be updating you with news and developments as they happen, but for the meantime, over to you! ?:)

Peter

www.commandhorizon.com
www.baccus6mm.com

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Once again we are having to overhaul these models in order to release them in the CH format, and once again there are some models that were never released.  The most notable of these are the Centaur 'walking city' sections.  

Walking city? If that does not sound promising nothing does.  :cool:  There's always room for more high-quality 6mm minis.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Mojarn Piett @ Dec. 20 2006,09:42)
Once again we are having to overhaul these models in order to release them in the CH format, and once again there are some models that were never released.  The most notable of these are the Centaur 'walking city' sections.  

Walking city? If that does not sound promising nothing does.  :cool:  There's always room for more high-quality 6mm minis.

Hey, I'd missed this - sounds like my cup of tea - er, coffee, actually.  :D  :D  :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow, I'd been trying to keep tabs on this range, but there is alot there I'd not heard yet!!!!

It just keeps getting more exciting all the time.  Can't wait to see those Centaurs!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Does sound promising !  :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ditto, have to sort out my order.  :D  :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Intell updates and pics required by all ... :alien:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Remember that there are pictures of all the models and turret variants posted on the Baccus 6mm website.  

I'll be posting some previews of the Centaur vehicles early in the new year,

Peter

www.commandhorizon.com
www.baccus6mm.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Look forward to it ! :D  Keep up the good work ! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Baccus @ Dec. 21 2006,10:51)
I'll be posting some previews of the Centaur vehicles early in the new year,

Vehicles?  I wanna see that Centaur infantry!!! :D  :D  :D

I'm assuming the Centaurs are normal half horse, half man centaurs, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think the Centaurs could be like the Fallout Centaurs:

Sorry, best image I could find of them...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm assuming the Centaurs are normal half horse, half man centaurs, correct?

Well... the models that we 'inherited' were just that.  But the more that we've thought about it, the more silly this seemed.   We're trying to keep the CH universe reasonably 'hard' in approach, and the idea of two sets of parallel evolution creating a classical centaur just got less and less plausible.  Yes, in an infinite universe, anything is possible, but the odds of use stumbling into them in our small part of the galaxy aren't great.

So, what we are working on is a 'Centaur' in name, but will be more akin to an arthropod walking on its rear 4 legs with the front section upright and the front two legs becoming arms and hands.  It's hard to describe, but we'll illustrate this better further down the line.

Peter

www.commandhorizon.com
www.baccus6mm.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Any chance of making limited editions of the classical Centaur available, if you get enough requests?

I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with, but the classical version would fit so nicely with the Fantasy meets SciFi style of Epic.

Yes, I know, everyone is trying to get away from that, but I'm not.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, plenty of potential use for decent, classic style Centaurs.  Make a decent Zoat proxy, Bull centaurs for Chaos Squats...and, um Centaurs :).  I'd buy 'em.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There's always the Posleen... What a great incentive to buy lots and lots of them.  :;):