Login |  Register |  FAQ

Command Horizon Rules v2.9

Post subject: Command Horizon Rules v2.9
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:48 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

I will add my post to this list. As I understand it (and correct me if I am wrong), the Command Horizon range expands the older Gladiator Miniatures range. I picked up some of their stuff a while ago, and I was suitably impressed by the infantry - in particular packs 28 and 27 (light and medium infantry, or some such, the old memory is fading!). Command Horizon currently appears to have a single infantry set available. Are their plans to open up the other Gladiator lines, and/or expand the infantry selection soon?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll wrap up three replies in one post:

Legion 4. ?
Thank you for your welcome. ?I hppe that I can be a part of helping people get what they need to play the games.

Cuban Commissar
I put a couple of links the Command Horizon Yahoo group and the Baccus site in an earlier post on this thread. ?Either will take you to where you can download v2.9 of the rules.

gary-clark
As you say, to each his own. ?Unless we face a widespread revolt over the 'Z' words, they'll be staying. ?I found out a long time ago that you cannot please everybody all the time in this game! ? This is best indicated by 2 emails that were sent to me recently:

email #1 ?'Wow, grav-tanks! ?Just what I've been waiting for!'

email #2 ? ''Grav tanks. ?Why couldn't you have done them with tracks?'

The main thing so far as I am concerned is that the rules succeed in what they set out to do - thus far, I'm pretty happy with them.

Peter

www.commandhorizon.com
www.baccus6mm.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cyber Shadoow,

I am afraid that the old infantry won't be reappearing, at least in the intial ranges. ?Lots of reasons for this, and none of them due to the quality of the figures themselves. ?We're trying to build a consistent range and that means adding new sculpts and any of these would be incompatible with the older ones. ?Different sculptors have different styles. ?We're also trying to get away from the big weapons and shoulder pads effect, that was the mark of the older infantry.

The good news is that the infantry range will most definitely be expanding. ?They are a very important troop-type in CH and will need proper representation. ?Remember what you have at the moment is the start of the process, not the end!:)

Peter

www.commandhorizon.com
www.baccus6mm.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Iain,

As a member of the design team, I can say this:

(CyberShadow @ Dec. 14 2006,11:48)
I will add my post to this list. As I understand it (and correct me if I am wrong), the Command Horizon range expands the older Gladiator Miniatures range.

True.

I picked up some of their stuff a while ago, and I was suitably impressed by the infantry - in particular packs 28 and 27 (light and medium infantry, or some such, the old memory is fading!).

The old (Gladiator) infantry packs were OK in my book... it was the vehicles that I liked.

Command Horizon currently appears to have a single infantry set available.

True.

Are their plans to open up the other Gladiator lines, and/or expand the infantry selection soon?

Yes.

Space Worms (Or whatever their new name ends up being) will hopefully come out in 2007.

The Centaurs (Or whatever their new name ends up being) will hopefully ALSO come out in 2007.

------

As an aside, Peter Berry AKA Mr. Baccus is doing CH the way I should have done Planetfall. Mazel Tov to him!

Of course, he has more resources, but I'm unhappy that I have Planetfall on such a low burner.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/