Login |  Register |  FAQ

Greetings from EMP GAMES ( and Questions on CH)

Post subject: Greetings from EMP GAMES ( and Questions on CH)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all at Tactical Command, I am a member of the EMP GAMES team; the new engine behind Command Horizon.

It's great to see the love for Command Horizon here on the forums.

As you may be aware by now, we have taken over the range from Baccus and have some exciting plans for the game. As a first post I'd like to present to you an array of questions for you to feast your eyes over.

Please feel free to leave comments as well as any questions YOU would like to ask the team.

happy reading,

Dave/Intel

Quote:
Q U E S T I O N S

Q: What is the difference between Command Horizon Legacy and new Command Horizon?

The Legacy range is the original range from Baccus and we will continue to supply the original packs for the near future. Command Horizon is having a new set of rules written, and the blister packs will be packaged to reflect that. Going forward releases are planned on a regular basis.

Q: What is the story/setting of Command Horizon?

The Command Horizon Universe is set approximately between 500 and 600 years in our future. The Human race managed to destroy their home planet before some sanity returned. The majority of humans live as citizens of the Alliance. This is a grand collaboration between the Corporations, Religious Orders, Institutes and Guilds, they govern as a council. Alien encounters are a common part of everyday life, and most result in peaceful relations with only a few exceptions, some notable. Politics, trade, intrigue and general ignorance, with a good dose of stupidity is a part of everyday life, until the Gantor Edict.

The Gantor were thought to be deities; part of a cross-alien religion. The Alliance was mistaken, they exist and in their arrogance and ignorance they managed to start a war. The Gantor instructed a number of races to war against the Alliance. Two of the main protagonists being the Kentaurios, a warrior based culture, and Clew Nematode of the Putredine, a bio-tech race. A third protagonist called the Remnant, a mechanoid race has recently appeared. As the universe has a cruel sense of humour things are often not as they appear and more often than not the protagonist’s war against each other than against the Alliance… Welcome to Command Horizon

Q: What are the races in the game?

The Alliance – See above.
The Kentaurios are a nomadic warrior race, where Victory, Honour, Valour, and Integrity epitomize their way of life. The Ajuxsta are the Clan who have accepted the Gantor Edict on behalf of the Kentaurios. Physically they are a quadped race and their entire culture is governed by the Four…

The Putredine are a bio-tech merchant race, so it’s something of a surprise that they also answered the Gantor Edict, except they have a saying “Profit in Life, Profit in Death, Profit in War” Clew Nematode volunteered for the edict. The Putredine are a sub-terrain race and in their natural form they resemble a giant maggot, however they are bio-tech masters with the ability to change form amongst many other abilities.
The Remnant is a mysterious bio-mech race. They defy understanding because their technology and design are ancient by current standards, yet they hold their own. They war against everyone, but no one knows where they come from or why they do it. They emit a complex and fatal mix of radiations that technology cannot pierce. The Remnant is actually a mutant race of man and machine but this is one of many, many secrets they keep.

Q: How many races will there be when the game releases?

4 races (see above) with a fifth race soon after.
At Salute there will be 2 Tank Play-Test sets, one for the Alliance and one for the Kentaurios.

Q: What makes each race unique/play differently?

Each race is radically different in form and thought. The stories behind the races illustrate these differences; the rules will also reflect this in terms of unit sizes, technologies and unique abilities, and anything else we can think of.

Q: When will the first rulebook be available?

Salute (London Trade-show; 12th April) will see the first quick play rules for play-testing. We are hoping a full PDF rule-set will be available before the end of the year. A printed rulebook is pencilled in for April/Oct 2015.

Q: How do I get involved with Play-testing?

Come into one of our supporting shops; listed online at the website (below), and promoted at shows. Come see us at a show or download the rules (link Available from April 12th.) and order figures online at http://www.wargamesemporium.co.uk

Q: What is this new race that has been mentioned?

The Remnant is a mutant mechanoid, hybrid. They have a retro look and as already mentioned their technology is relatively ancient. They are shrouded in secrecy, and for now that is all we are sharing.

Q: When will they be likely due to release?

The Remnant will see a sneak preview at Salute, with the first going on sale sometime in May.

Q: Will you be growing the ranges of the primary armies?

The Command Horizon range for all armies will be initially released in sync with rule development, because we want you guys to help us. Most of the Command Horizon Legacy range will be incorporated in the new range, however new vehicles and Infantry will be added. We also have plans to take the Game to a whole new level…

Q: Will they look the same as the Legacy models?

Most of the models will be incorporated from the Legacy range, so they are the same.

Q: I have played the demonstration game at Hammerhead and WMMS trade-shows, What’s new since then?

After the participation games at Salute, Phase 2 of the rules set which involves adding Infantry and mobile Artillery will be added.

Q: When will we see infantry models/air units/artillery added to the game?

Phase 2 will be seen in May, Air Units (Phase 3) should make an appearance around September/October. The Worlds trade-show at Derby is our milestone for this.

Q: Will you be making Videos for Command Horizon: Models/Painting etc?

Dave 'Intel' Jackson will be starring in videos shortly, running through the rules and playing demo games at shows and in supporting shops. Victoria Squirrel will be starring in some painting tutorial videos.

Q: I have an idea for Command Horizon – who can I contact?

At the moment direct all enquires via the Command Horizon Facebook page or email info@wargamesemporium.co.uk.

Q: When will we see Command Horizon being played on a non-hex board?

At this time the rules are being play-tested on a hex board, the rules have been designed for hex and non-hex boards, but we use hex boards at the moment for speed, especially at shows. After Salute we will start running some games on non-hex terrain.

Q: Are there going to be game cards involved in Command Horizon (Unit details)?

In the early stage's we wanted to add cards to the game as a major part of the rules, we still have ideas about adding a few cards to the rules. We are hoping to produce some cards for keeping track of unit details etc.

Q: I want to read about the background of Command Horizon, where can I view it?
Command Horizon Facebook will have teasers of the background and these will be added on an on-going. We will also include some feature stories in the rulebook.

Q: Do units need to be based?
Units can be based or non-based. Infantry really needs basing. We will suggest recommend sizes as the Infantry is rolled out.

Q: I’d like a set of Test-Fire rules – how do I get them?
At a show where we are running a Command Horizon demo, from the supporting stores or online via the link which will appear after Salute.

Q: What is going to be made available at Salute 2014?

Two Tank Play-test armies will be available which are needed to play-test the rules, also the Command Horizon Legacy range will be on sale. We will also have a sneak peak of the Remnant.

Q: Can I play Command Horizon with more than 2 players?

Command Horizon can be played with more than 2 players, each player can take a command. This means you can have a 3,4 player battle or have a 2v2 scenario.

Q: How much is it to buy a Tank Play-test force? Where can I get them?

Starter forces are £22 for the Alliance and £23 for the Kenturios. They can be bought at one of the supporting stores, at trade stores or online.

Q: Are there different weapons in the game and if so what are they?

At the moment the tanks have similar weapons with the only difference being size. Different weapon variations are in plan.

Q: Can I convert a model to make it more special/unique to my force/story?

So long as your opponent knows what units you have we would love to see a few conversions.

Q: Do you make/provide terrain for CH?

We have a shanty town out at the moment with a small military complex out in the next few months. We also supply 6mm trees.

Q: When is Command Horizon officially available?

Command Horizon as a play-test is officially available now. 2015 April/October is the period we are planning for the full release

Q: Who/what is EMP GAMES?

EMP games is the production part of Wargames Emporium. It currently produces an eclectic 28mm range, which is growing in size and variety all the time. A utility range is also being developed, as well as our ever growing 6mm Sci-Fi Command Horizon range.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Greetings from EMP GAMES ( and Questions on CH)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Awesome!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds promising.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Looking forward to seeing the rules and think-tank armies post-Salute.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Where do we go for those rules now that they're out?

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to the show ! :spin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes i'd be interested in the a downloadable rules file as i have an interest in your HEX based system.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds interesting!

On a minor point, I've been watching out for 6mm trees for a while so would like to see what you have. I couldn't see the, on the shop link. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi folks,

Thank you for the warm welcome and great to hear the support and excitement for what we are trying to accomplish with the game.
To answer some of your questions:

Now that Salute! 2014 (trade-show) is over, we are preparing a set of Quick-Play rules - where players can play the same game as the ones we demo at the trade-shows. We have also begun work on a first mock up of the current rules and advance play (including some background stories from the Command Horizon universe).

The Quick-Play rules will soon be made available online for download - We are just double and triple checking we have the basics all covered. Once we have finished - iI'll be sure to inform you all on here.

As for the first version/mock up of a rulebook - this will take some time as we are still adding elements even now.

Regarding 6mm trees, we have just recently started packaging them. Once they are made available for sale, I'll point you in their direction.

We had a very successful show at Salute! 2014, with lots of positive feedback. One participator said it was the most exciting game there. If you would like to see pictures from Salute! 2014 please see the Command Horizon Facebook page.

Once again, thank you for your support and as soon as I can provide you with more information and links - I certainly will.

Intel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Posted both your threads on TMP ... some of those guys like 6mm Sci-fi too ! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Thanks for the info on the trees. Drop a post when they are ready to go.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the answer. I'm looking forward to seeing these quick play rules.

Are you intending on making both versions in full, or is the quick play set really just for demo games?

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi

Thanks for the support and feedback and getting the info out to other sites, we have had an encouraging response.

Trees are K&M/Peco, they retail for 90p each and for 6mm there are 3-4 different types. I will get them on our website by end of day Saturday if not before.

Rules, the version which we are using for demo's will be expanded upon to a point. The PDF download will add more rules etc. The first PDF will be online from end of day Saturday, it will be the current demo rules.
Our aim is to bring out a printed rulebook which contains a lot more background, artwork and a complete ruleset.

Sometime in May we aim to have Infantry and Mobile Art included the demo. We will put a road plan up so people can see where we are headed.

John