Login |  Register |  FAQ

Guild Centuria commander

Post subject: Guild Centuria commander
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Here's the finished Centria commander. To be honest I'm not completely sure how Tom will be packing these. There's been talk of doing a special character pack, however he also mentioned the possibility of selling them as an optional extra unit in the Guild Centuria pack.

Very nice dynamically posed miniature to paint up as well. For once I'm actually quite happy with how the finished result turned out :D

BTW Stay tuned for the Shadow Baroness...

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I love the model. How easy would it be to convert the gun to a sat phone I wonder?

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Would depend on your skill I suppose :D But it should be easy enough to clip off and replace with a blob of greenstuff or a piece of plasticard.

As promised here's the shadow baroness as well :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow, I like the commander, that's an impressive amount of detail for such a small mini!  Any chance of a squad to go with them (pretty, pretty please :) )?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(firestorm40k @ Apr. 26 2008,19:58)
Wow, I like the commander, that's an impressive amount of detail for such a small mini! ?Any chance of a squad to go with them (pretty, pretty please :) )?

Any ideas are always welcome, what would you be looking for?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, something like a Standard Bearer, Comms-operative, medic perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Although I like the concept of more command figures I think it would be a good idea that any such minis are distincly different from things already on the market. When GW and DRM are already producing comms figures and medics I think an EW medic would need to be something different altogether. After all how big a market is there for 6 mm sci fi medics :;): So if EW makes makes a full command squad, the question isn't so much what types of miniatures would be needed, but rather how these should be themed to have a distinct look and perhaps fill a gap somewhere. What sort of command figures would be interesting: Stalingrad long coated ones? "Rambo" style? Generic? ABC-suit troopers? Something altogether different?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Warmaster Nice @ Apr. 28 2008,11:14)
Although I like the concept of more command figures I think it would be a good idea that any such minis are distincly different from things already on the market. When GW and DRM are already producing comms figures and medics I think an EW medic would need to be something different altogether. After all how big a market is there for 6 mm sci fi medics :;): So if EW makes makes a full command squad, the question isn't so much what types of miniatures would be needed, but rather how these should be themed to have a distinct look and perhaps fill a gap somewhere. What sort of command figures would be interesting: Stalingrad long coated ones? "Rambo" style? Generic? ABC-suit troopers? Something altogether different?

Well, it all depends upon the background of the Guild Legions, I guess?  there is a slight Roman Empire feel to them, unless I've totally mis-understood the range so far, so something that reflects that...

At the end of the day, it's great to have a command miniature for this army, but a 6mm figure looks lonely on a base by itself - I just think having some sort of squad to accompany it looks better.  Or am I being daft? :confuse:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well ... How do we get'm !!?  :O  My suggestion is make up a character pack. Like G/W did ... Include the commander, the baroness, etc. Make them generic that fits the fluff, as Firestorm suggests. Doesn't have to be a huge pack, 10-15 figs.  They don't have to all be different ... Only include one Baroness, of course !! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sweet minis.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I hear what you're saying Firestorm and basically I agree with you from a design POV :)
However masters aren't exactly cheap to get sculpted, and command figures aren't needed in as large quantities as rank and file troops. Hence they'll take longer to get a return on the investment. I use my EW minis as proxies for other armies so I'd rather see EW invest their resources in stuff I cannot already get from other manufacturers.

Don't get me wrong: I would very much  like to see a full command squad for the Guild. However if I can get miniatures that look almost the same from other manufacturers I'd rather that money were spent investing in new and exciting units that filled some gap I really needed instead. That is why I think it'd be a good idea to brainstorm a bit on more exact descriptions of that is wanted rather than just "a medic" or "a comms operator" Should he be standing? Sitting? How could he be done so he wouldn't look like something else already available? :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll take what I can get !! :D