Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

True Steel Legion

Post subject: True Steel Legion
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
So i invented a SteelLegion Armylist according to fluff and doctrines system of Codex: ImperialGuard.

Enjoy and comments are welcome

Current V2.6 of the Armageddon Steel Legion PDF (True Armageddon Steel Legion) now downloadable in the attachment.

Attachments:
ArmageddonSteellegionPDFV2.6.pdf [94.84 KiB]
Downloaded 2292 times

Last edited by BlackLegion on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Oops. Should be Warhound for 250 points not Warlord :D

The Leviathan doesn't need SupremeCommander because it carries him as a separate unit.
I added the Leviathan  because it seems that it was originally planned to add it  to the ImperialGuard armylist in 2005.  But we all know it didn't happen because of the nerf SG got.

Xeno-Hunter: Well in Tournament Games you usually don't know which army you will face. So there is a 1 in 7 (if i counted right) chance to actually face Orks. So should this really justify a points increase?
I added the +1 to Strategy Rating against Orks, because Xeno-Hunter is described as better profiency to battle one specific foe. In WH40k this is represented that Infantzry and Sentinels always hit on a 3+ in CC. Well i think in addition of this the imperial commanders will know how the strategy of orks work and thus will be better able to counter this. Thus the higher strategy rating.

Sentinels: Damn. Forgot to cross reference the points cost. They shouldn't cost more. It's 4 Armageddon pattern Sentinels for 100points.

You will also notice, that the Commissar rule is a bit different.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I aree about xeno hunter- as its stands you would always take this list over just about any other IG list as you have no limitiations over the usual IG list PLUS a CC bonus against the one army that is most likely to engage you in CC (barring tyranids).  As Beelzlmeetz says I would never agre to play against this as an ork player.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@Beelzemetz: Yes, 7 Chimeras OR the Leviathan.

J0k3r: Hmm but if i give it a points cost 6 out of 7 armies would have an advantage against the Steel Legion.
But if i would make this apoints cost, what about Steel Legion always uses 5% less points for army selection (rounded up so that the army value is dividable through 25)? So in a 3000 points game the SteelLegion would have only  2850 points for army selection.  In a 2700 points game it would be 2575 (not 2565) points.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

But in tournament games you don't know against what force you will play.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Which one? Always the cheapest? Would be nearly always Sentinels or Thunderbolts.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just dont think that as a design style that Epic lists should be tailored to play against other specific lists.

Alternatively you could try introducing the xenohunter flava in a more modest manner, ie only with the strategy rating.  Makes a slight difference, but is flavoursome.  Or you could have an orkhunter upgrade unit that can be bought.  Basically make CC troops with ogryn style stats but on normal humans then leave it up to the player whether they want to but them or not.

I know its not the same as the 40k rules, but thats not a bad thing :)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmmm there where Armageddon Ork Hunters Regiments in the 3rd War for Armageddon. But they are more some kind of Catachans and mainly operated in the equatorial jungle to hunt down Feral Orks.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My two pesos worth...

Special rule vs. orks - not good.
Adding the Leviathan - I have no issues with that at all.  Although the stats may need som tweaking (maybe not) I like giving the IG access to the unit, whether the model is OOP or not.
Conscripts - not sure.  It seems fine on the surface, but there may be balance issues.  This is one of those things that would have to be playtested.

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It would be really interesting to suggest that orkhunters are units formed from some of the equatorial troops and veteran mechanised units.

Also- like the leviathan and very interested in the conscripts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next