Login |  Register |  FAQ

EDT BATREP: Elysians vs. Space Marines

Post subject: EDT BATREP: Elysians vs. Space Marines
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Tactica @ 24 Mar. 2006 (17:25))

I don't know the exact situation, but 'teleporting termys' + Strategy 5 + going first should equal = base to base sentinels that all died.

I may have misperceived Honda, I thought he did CC the sentinels.  They were wiped but if I remember correctly all four (or maybe three) rolled hits with the MW.  

Was there a glitch here? Could the eldar advice have actually been quite brilliant ???

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Terminators decided to FF the Sentinels, wiping them out,

Why not get in btb? Sentinels (like all IG) FF much better than they CC.

John,

Guess I'm confused. I thought what was typed said,

Termy's teleport
Termy's FF (15cm) sentinels instead of CC (btb) sentinels.
Sentinels all die.
Sentinels score 3 Termy kills from FF

Maybe I'm confused

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (jfrazell @ 24 Mar. 2006 (21:52))
Quote (Tactica @ 24 Mar. 2006 (17:25))

I don't know the exact situation, but 'teleporting termys' + Strategy 5 + going first should equal = base to base sentinels that all died.

I may have misperceived Honda, I thought he did CC the sentinels.  They were wiped but if I remember correctly all four (or maybe three) rolled hits with the MW.  

Was there a glitch here? Could the eldar advice have actually been quite brilliant ???

I did CC the Sentinels, as FF would have drawn in the HQ next to them.  I guess the question is would macro weapons work in CC?  
Having never used IG in Epic, I have no idea :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In one of those 20/20 hindsight things, Brett realized that he probably should have activated his Thunderhawk and shot up the Sentinels (more than likely breaking them) and then retained with the Terminators to try and knock off the Regimental HQ in front of their position. Oh well, live and learn.

Unless my ... err... 'math by proxy' is wrong here, 3 terminators should not have died in this exchange. There must have been a tactical oops, really bad dice, or both for these results to occur. Maybe there was a terrible amount of supporting fire or something... fully admit that I don't know the details here - but something sounds 'fishy'.

Ok, let me help with the mystery.

Brett did in fact CC the Sentinels and all of them did die. The also hit with their MW attacks, scoring 4 hits.

Now I think we did this next part correctly, but I'm willing to hear to the contrary. Because the Sentinel weapons were MW, the terminators lose their RA. So, Brett rolls normally, failing three, so three kills.

Not the most sterling performance for saves, but certainly taking away the RA was the key.

The tactical situation that you are unable to take into account because the map is missing, is that the Terminators were in buildings (4+ save, regardless) and they moved out into the open to engage the Sentinels, who just so happened to be supported by two DTCs, one of which had Hardened Vets polishing their sniper scopes.

I think I've already addressed the 20/20 hindsight play (i.e. use the Thunderhawk on the Sentinels, then follow up on the other units with Terminators). Since that option wasn't obvious to us first, then sending the Terminators after the Sentinels in CC wasn't as good a play as just shooting them with the Terminator assault cannon, more than likely breaking them with their hits (8 shots) and denying the Sentinels the chance to hit back with their multi-meltas.

Remember, these aren't yer Momma's Sentinel, they come packing a MW.

So, enlightened gents, let us know if we at least played the MW mechanism correctly and now also consider that low save rolls make everybody equal.

:;):

"Remember Taros? We do"

- 23rd Elysian Drop Regiment

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, where does the CC MW attack come from? I quickly browsed the sentinel thread and that had only Multimelta, which is FF MW not CC MW.

Well, the correct reference point is the list, the thread may or may not be the final version. I will confirm that point though. Also, the weapon is modeled after the SM Landspeeder MM if that helps.

If we played it wrong, then that was an error on my part, but my intent is that the Sentinel's FF/CC attacks are MW.

"Remember Taros? We do"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well the multi melta on landspeeder gives out (small arms) MW attack. That is FF not CC. But since landspeeder is skimmer it cannot ever get caught in CC.

After I posted my last note, something didn't sound right and I checked the stats on the Landspeeder and confirmed that you are correct.

Bummer. Sorry about that Brett, you got jobbed out of your terminator unit.  :down:

"Remember Taros? We do"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

#1 Never trust an Elf!
#2 Bring more Terminators!
#3 Never trust a guardsman falling from the sky!
#4 See #1

No worries Honda, as mentioned before, I misplayed it from the Thunderhawk anyway.  Besides, I now have something to be entered into the Book of Grudges!

Rematch next week?  
(And I was told Thunderhawks can ignore that 1/3 rule.... Just waiting for the fleet (8) To get here next week :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

LOL, OK, I see how this happened now.

Sounds like you worked through it.

Cheers,