Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IG Army Lists status and AC

 Post subject: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:10 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:42 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Hi

I have been away for a long while and am trying to understand where we are with various IG Army Lists.
When I was lasy here regularly I thought we had a list of which lists are Approved / Development / Experimental.
In Net EA Tournament Pack I can see that the following lists have been approved:
-Baran Siegemasters
-Death Korps of Krieg
-Minervan Tank Legion
-Steel Legion.

What IG lists are currently at the Development stage, requiring further playtesting before they can become Approved? What IG lists are being focussed on to next become Approved?

I presume that Cadian Shock Troops v1.5 is at Development stage being playtested, based on the number of recent posts?

I gather that Rug is IG AC. I read in another thread is that he is no longer active and his account has been deleted. Who is now looking after the various IG lists?

We have several lists that have been Pinned but with no recent progress on them:
-For Elysia! The Elysian Drop Troop Regiment v3.1.5 (last battle in Oct 2015)
-Mirali Skyraiders v2.0 (last post Apr 2015)
-Harakoni Warhawks - v1.5 (last post Nov 2013)
-True Steel Legion v2.6 (last updated Jan 2011)
If these are not being actively playtested for Approval, can these threads be Unpinned?

We also have two threads started by Rug with zero posts@
-WELCOME! Please read first.
-Epic-UK tournament legal Imperial Guard Armylists
Can these be deleted if no posts in thread?

This would tidy up the IG sub forum a lot and make it easier to follow the more recent threads.

Cheers

James

_________________
My TOEG- Blood Angels and Deathbolts
My Painting Blog- Evil Sunz, Goffs
My Epic trades list


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:30 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:03 pm
Posts: 6023
Location: Leicester UK
You may not be aware but approximately a year ago, the forum server crashed which corrupted the user accounts of anyone actively logged in at the time, Rug is one of the affected, hence the orphaned posts with no content, I believe Cybershadow is working on reinstating these accounts from backups but it's all complex and computery and I've got no idea whether it can actually be done or not

Without wanting to go into any specifics as it's not my place, Rug also has had some pretty tough Real Life(TM) stuff going on this past year so hasn't been around much, he'll come back when he's ready

_________________
NetEA Space Marine, Imperial Fists and Blood Angels Army Champion

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:55 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:42 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
kyussinchains wrote:
You may not be aware but approximately a year ago, the forum server crashed which corrupted the user accounts of anyone actively logged in at the time, Rug is one of the affected, hence the orphaned posts with no content, I believe Cybershadow is working on reinstating these accounts from backups but it's all complex and computery and I've got no idea whether it can actually be done or not

Without wanting to go into any specifics as it's not my place, Rug also has had some pretty tough Real Life(TM) stuff going on this past year so hasn't been around much, he'll come back when he's ready

Oh ok. The other forum post did nt say much which was I asked the question. Thanks for clarifying things.

_________________
My TOEG- Blood Angels and Deathbolts
My Painting Blog- Evil Sunz, Goffs
My Epic trades list


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:31 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:18 pm
Posts: 117
I've been lurking for a couple of months, still hoping my "Rug" profile, privileges, and mailbox will be revived but it's not looking likely.

I've kept playing Epic but been nowhere near as involved with the tournament scene as I've needed to stay near home but I intend to get back involved with a host of new armies I've been painting.

I'm keen to continue in the AC, I've kept things slow for sometime but it is about time for a review.... watch this space!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 8402
Location: Manalapan, FL
Hey welcome back!

_________________
The Artist Formerly Known As Marine Army Champion

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 2:57 am
Posts: 20787
Location: Harrogate, Yorkshire
Hey Ruggles!

Make Baneblades cost 20 points!

D6 free Warhounds per Commissar!

Make Warlord Titans fly!

EDIT: Nerf Hellhounds they are too good.

_________________
6mm scale Scifi Plastic Sprues available here!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:57 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:42 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
RugII wrote:
I've been lurking for a couple of months, still hoping my "Rug" profile, privileges, and mailbox will be revived but it's not looking likely.

I've kept playing Epic but been nowhere near as involved with the tournament scene as I've needed to stay near home but I intend to get back involved with a host of new armies I've been painting.

I'm keen to continue in the AC, I've kept things slow for sometime but it is about time for a review.... watch this space!

Shame that couldn't fix your Rug profile.
Welcome back

James

_________________
My TOEG- Blood Angels and Deathbolts
My Painting Blog- Evil Sunz, Goffs
My Epic trades list


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:32 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 pm
Posts: 657
Location: Bundaberg, QLD, Australia
Welcome back dude.. ;D

_________________
Regards
Greg

*************************************************
NetEA...NetERC Chair Committee Member

NetEA Eldar AC

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:32 pm
Posts: 4603
Location: North Yorkshire
Good to have you back on the forum.

_________________
_________________
www.epic-uk.co.uk - home of the UK Epic tournament scene
NetEA NetERC Xenos Lists Chair
NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:21 am
Posts: 562
Location: Australia
wargame_insomniac wrote:

We have several lists that have been Pinned but with no recent progress on them:
-For Elysia! The Elysian Drop Troop Regiment v3.1.5 (last battle in Oct 2015)
-Mirali Skyraiders v2.0 (last post Apr 2015)
-Harakoni Warhawks - v1.5 (last post Nov 2013)
-True Steel Legion v2.6 (last updated Jan 2011)
If these are not being actively playtested for Approval, can these threads be Unpinned?

We also have two threads started by Rug with zero posts@
-WELCOME! Please read first.
-Epic-UK tournament legal Imperial Guard Armylists
Can these be deleted if no posts in thread?


I for one would love to see these unpinned and a general clean up of the forum in general


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 8402
Location: Manalapan, FL
I would like to see them handed over to people to run with and brought to completion.

I think the use of pins for each list is bad as a single post explaining who and what and why of all lists is far better.

_________________
The Artist Formerly Known As Marine Army Champion

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 5392
Location: London, UK
Welcome back indeed. :)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:38 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:18 pm
Posts: 117
The welcome thread and EUK lists posts are pinned and locked deliberately, they shouldn't be deleted. The Pinned lists are the furthest along development wise and generally very playable despite lack of activity, people come and go and can pick them up, I'd rather see them stay pinned so they are not buried and forgotten, that way we avoid reinventing the wheel/covering old ground as people come and go. I'd like to pin all lists under development, i.e. Konnig but I've no AC privileges atm. I must admit it would be better if there was a separate page of pinned stuff or it was more clearly pinned so the newest posts are easily spotted and you can choose to go straight to all the lists only if you want to.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:44 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:18 pm
Posts: 117
True Steel Legion is an interest list rather than a tournament list, I can't see it ever being approved as it'd be confusing having two SL lists and the one we have is fine.

Unless there's any objections that one probably can be unpinned.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: IG Army Lists status and AC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:33 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:42 pm
Posts: 3305
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
RugII wrote:
The welcome thread and EUK lists posts are pinned and locked deliberately, they shouldn't be deleted. The Pinned lists are the furthest along development wise and generally very playable despite lack of activity, people come and go and can pick them up, I'd rather see them stay pinned so they are not buried and forgotten, that way we avoid reinventing the wheel/covering old ground as people come and go. I'd like to pin all lists under development, i.e. Konnig but I've no AC privileges atm. I must admit it would be better if there was a separate page of pinned stuff or it was more clearly pinned so the newest posts are easily spotted and you can choose to go straight to all the lists only if you want to.

But those first two threads you mention have ZERO posts. If they had any content then I can totally understand being pinned. So unless those posts can be recovered then no point having pinned posts with zero content.

_________________
My TOEG- Blood Angels and Deathbolts
My Painting Blog- Evil Sunz, Goffs
My Epic trades list


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron

Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net