Login |  Register |  FAQ

Konig Tank Regiment Imperial Guard Army List v1.3 [Fan-List]

Post subject: Re: Konig Tank Regiment Imperial Guard Army List
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It seems everybody has a different opinion about the Punisher, I agree that the disrupt version is way OP, and makes it too good against armoured infantry (it shouldn´t be good against those targets).

My version would be something like this:
Same range as Demolisher, so 30cm
Just good against light infantry, so no special abilities.
More or less same hitting power as 3 twin heavy bolters, so:
Range 30cm
FP: 3 x AP 4+

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

Last edited by lord-bruno on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Interesting take, but ... what are your aim with this list? Just fix Ulani/Minerva or you have an image or an objective in hand? Knowing that i could talk about the list. In general looks competitive, maybe a bit much in some edges but OK.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Abetillo wrote:
Interesting take, but ... what are your aim with this list? Just fix Ulani/Minerva or you have an image or an objective in hand? Knowing that i could talk about the list. In general looks competitive, maybe a bit much in some edges but OK.

Just my take on Ulani, making it a bit more flexible, competitive, and adding some extra variety. Nothing experimental or OP.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:00 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

What are your issues with Miervan Tank Legion list?

Given that this was posted in Net EA Development forum, is it intended to be an alternative Net EA List or is it just a Fan List making adjustments to Epic UK Ulani Tank Regiment List because you feel that Ulani list is too restrictive?

If Fan List does it need to state that (or Experimental) in thread title?

The reason I asl is that I have a lot of IG Tanks in at least 4 different camo schemes, so these will be split out into separate IG armies. Ideally I would like to differentiate each of the 4 IG armies so that I can paint up remaining models for different army lists.

So if we have a new IG Tank List, I want to understand what the new lists goals are and how it is different from Steel Legion and Minervan Tank Legion lists in Net EA Tournament Pack, IF there is sufficient difference in any new list from these two Approved Lists then that will have my interest.

Cheers

James

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ehm... I have no issues with Miveran Tank Legion, played many times some years ago...

Quote:
.... or is it just a Fan List making adjustments to Epic UK Ulani Tank Regiment List because you feel that Ulani list is too restrictive?

Yeah, I've already stated that twice, same for goals. It is (quite obvious to anyone reading) 100% based on Ulani. It is not based on Steel Legion and Minervan Tank Legion lists at all (so the differences are in the eye of the beholder).

Quote:
If Fan List does it need to state that (or Experimental) in thread title?

None of the lists on the first page of the IG subforum does, so... but yes, of course it is experimental. But being soooo based on Ulani, it could go beyond that quite easily.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:58 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Yes but you have nt explained WHY you are wanting to tweak an Epic UK list and post up in Net EA section.
You say that you have no issues with the Net EA Minervan list- ok - cool.
You say that you want to tweak the Epic UK Ulani list "making it a bit more flexible, competitive, and adding some extra variety" - ok - fine.

I am interested in IG Tank lists because I have 3 Imperial Guard armies, all with a lot of tanks. If I could find a different list for each one that would be cool. My Valhallans will stick with SL List. My desert IG will probably stick with Minervan List. So I am looking to see can I find a good list for my Cadians that allows me to use a lot of tanks.

So if I come across a Net EA IG Tank list that says, these are the goals of this new list vis a vis the Net EA Minervan List *with explanations of what was dropped and what was added), then that has got my interest. And I would be asking my friends and club members if they would mind me running that list to help playtest it, so that I could help it's development towards (hopefully) eventual Approved status.

But simply saying that a list goals is simply to amend an Epic UK list for greater flexibility and more options (and forgive me if I am wrong but I thought that the whole point of the Epic UK Lists was to come up with more restrictive lists with fewer options, making it easier to balance versus other Epic UK lists and thus suitable for organised tournament play), then I am afraid that personally I don't understand it's point as an Net EA list.

Anyway, have fun. That's the important thing.

James

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The forum is soooo huge, what section would you recommend to move the thread to??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can categorically state this location is fine. Adding Fan-List may be good however.

WGI: you're obviously looking at this wrong. You should be building a Penal Legion force, duh! ;)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:52 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

jimmyzimms wrote:
I can categorically state this location is fine. Adding Fan-List may be good however.

WGI: you're obviously looking at this wrong. You should be building a Penal Legion force, duh! ;)

Thanks Jimmyzimms. I suspect that Penall Legion force won't allow me to field enough tanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

wargame_insomniac wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:

Thanks Jimmyzimms. I suspect that Penall Legion force won't allow me to field enough tanks!!

To be fair, it'd be hard to tell there tanks there what with all the filthy crim ablative meatshields loyal penitents to the Emperor's Glorious Light strapped to the outside of them. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:08 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

First time that I've had a proper look at this list and I can say that I am interested to hear feedback on how this goes and how the light tank companies work.

I am still angling for larger Hellhound formations, but am slightly concerned that they may need a points increase rather than the suggested 275pts.

Anyone tried a game yet? If this is a successful modification we could see changes to the Ulani to reflect the superior tactics that may be employed.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tiny-Tim wrote:
First time that I've had a proper look at this list and I can say that I am interested to hear feedback on how this goes and how the light tank companies work.

I am still angling for larger Hellhound formations, but am slightly concerned that they may need a points increase rather than the suggested 275pts.

Anyone tried a game yet? If this is a successful modification we could see changes to the Ulani to reflect the superior tactics that may be employed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tiny-Tim wrote:

The Cadian list uses the Hellhound formation at 250pts and it's pretty much shown in bat reps to be spot on.
I wouldn't suggest having it any more expensive in any list

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Tiny-Tim wrote:

Tried it four time I think (as I have not fielded Conquerors yet) and opponents whine about how effective it is ;D . Good speed, solid armour... and the [double + crisp infantry + stay in support range for later assault] annoys them!!

I have to say those were the 6 strong fm, not the 9 strong (which I imagine is a FF beast, being way faster than Demolishers).

Post subject: Re: Konig Tank Regiment Imperial Guard Army List [Fan-List]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:36 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Just checking - Is the intension for the light tank company to have the company upgrades as well?

I am looking at a Light Company - 6 Hellhounds + 3 Hellhounds - upgraded with 3 Hellhounds - 500pts for twelve Hellhounds.

Now that would get your opponent's attention.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion