Login |  Register |  FAQ

Any progress on Baneblades?

Post subject: Any progress on Baneblades?
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi All,

Not sure who this is directed at specifically but I'm wondering if there is any progress/plan to make adjustments to the pts cost of baneblades?

There has been heaps of discussion at various point with a unanimous agreement that they are too expensive for what they can do. I know people have put forward improving their FF (which makes sense given the weapon loadout...) or making the mane cannon better somehow but the general consensus that I read/hear is that we should just be dropping the pts a bit.

Hypothetically 25pts per single (reduction from 200 to 175) and I guess that carries onto the 3 baneblade unit at 400 for 3.

I doubt you are going to see the units being used until this issue is fixed but I'm not sure who fixes it given that the rest of the Steel Legion list seems pretty good and the other varieties of gaurd that are being experimented with at focussing on other issues.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Any progress on Baneblades?
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Last I heard was giving Baneblades the Infiltrate special rule to represent them spearheading armoured assaults and smashing aside anyone who dares to stand in their way. I did a bit of theory number crunching and was on board with giving it a try but finished painting my marines around the same time so my one game per week moved on to a different faction and I never tried it in the end.

Profile Send private message