Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

DEATH KORPS: Revision V1.3

Post subject: Re: DEATH KORPS: Revision V1.3
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Had a game today vs AMTL.

opponent ran 2 warhounds, a reaver and a warlord, with some scout robots, and formations of thunderbolts, maruaders and a single lysander.

I ran this list
Quote:
Reg HQ
19 DKok inf plus sup com & 2 gorgons total = [600]

Inf company
19 dkok inf plus commander & 2 gorgons total = [500]

Death Rider Company [275]

Death Rider Scout Platoon [150]

Shadowsword [200]

Heavy tank platoon - Mecharius [325]

Deathstrike Missile Launcher [200]

Heavy Support Battery, Hydras [125]

Heavy Support Battery, Earthshakers [200]

Warhound[275]

Thunderbolts [150]

Some notes i gathered.
AMTL is hard to kill. really hard. but i did actually manage to get the warlord to 3 wounds and broken with 2 crits by turn 2, but his crits successfully repaired, in hindsight i probably poured too much into the warlord, i knew that he was going to soak up anything i fired at him, but i was legitimately going after the kill so i could say i took out a warlord.
AMTL went around doing a lot of deleting of my formations, the core death riders got wrecked by the reaver from a single salvo and remained broken all game.
Mecharius, i love these fellas. they're staying in the list. great fun for some long range AT and are a good prospect for hunting mixed units & to some extent overkilling L/v's I think their points are close to suitable, if anything i'd argue we were closer at 300pts flat. but i'll cop 325.

Deathstrike managed 7 DC total in the game with successful hits.

My regular infantry formation bounced hard off a single warhound from a firefight engagement, I was up by 3 for resolution, then the fateful dice were rolled. 1,2 vs 6,4. I gathered my things and left. ;D

I ended up with the slightest of victories, i was really cagey and careful with my BTS and they more or less hid most of the game until last activation they successfully engaged a warhound on a single wound that was contesting a T&H objective, i got lucky with this FF engagement managing to not take any hits but actually get the last wound through from the one FF5+ attack that hit. promoted the shit out of that guardsmen.

The other objective i secured was the BLITZ with my sneaky rough riders that were only able to manage that with help from thunderbolts taking out his robots, in turn 3. thankfully his lysander had failed to activate for CAP, his marauders were killed turn 1 from AA after a bombing run and his thunderbolts were intercepted turn 2 by my thunderbolts, getting rather lucky with his unlucky armor saves.

I got very lucky in the fact that my opponent didn't measure his objective distance with his warlord, allowing T&H and not contesting as he was trying to spread himself like butter over toast withe the objectives around him. (another hindsight, i overlooked the importance of objective placement in this game)

Great game, not with out many casualties. dkok got up 2-0 for the record.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It sounds like a good, close win that came down to a clever final move exploiting a small error in your opponent's placement, rather than either army totally overpowering the other.

Thanks for posting the report.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This topic now moves to "The New Death Korps of Krieg Army List":
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=30347

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14