Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Cadian Shock Troops v1.5

Post subject: Re: Cadian Shock Troops v1.5
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I don’t have any ideas on how to fix the overpricing on Inf coys. Perhaps that is something for Steel Legion as well? But I think mechanizing the kasrkin might be one step on the way.
And adding whiteshields to form ”need a shovel to move formations” could be another. Although I’d rather see pure whiteshield coys instead. Commander + 24 units, no other upgrades than fire support?

About list structure, what about moving kasrkin to a third category (as chaos lists) with a 1:1 ratio to hq/Inf/whiteshield coys?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:39 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

I don’t see a lot of action for the Stormlords, but my experience with them indicates that 150 is VERY aggressively costed. There’s an absolutely withering amount of AP on them - an average of 5.17 hits on nine dice. 175 would be better, IMO. Otherwise, I agree with pretty much all the changes I’ve seen.

Also a little surprised that so few Stormswords are in attendence - those are really good in both Cadians and Minervans. I suppose model availability is part of it.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:04 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Elrik wrote:
About list structure, what about moving kasrkin to a third category (as chaos lists) with a 1:1 ratio to hq/Inf/whiteshield coys?

I agree and would like to do this but am mindful it could have a massive impact on people’s collections....

If put to a vote, which I think something as fundamental as this probably should be, I don’t think it’d win.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
I don’t see a lot of action for the Stormlords, but my experience with them indicates that 150 is VERY aggressively costed. There’s an absolutely withering amount of AP on them - an average of 5.17 hits on nine dice. 175 would be better, IMO. Otherwise, I agree with pretty much all the changes I’ve seen.

Also a little surprised that so few Stormswords are in attendence - those are really good in both Cadians and Minervans. I suppose model availability is part of it.

Stormswords, together with Shadowswords, are the only SHTs I use. 45 cm range + disrupt on that gun is amazing both for AP and AT roles. Almost always one in my Cadian list for support.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Where's the potential movement on this list? Is it likely to stay stable for a while?

Got a tournament I'm keen to take them to in about 4 months, but I've got to drop some dollars on them and am a slow painter, so I need to plan now..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Most probably will stay stable for at least a year seeing the activity save if there is development done in the background like last one in Krieg, but if i were in your shoes i would make sure i can play with those miniatures with another lists, as apart from being developmental there is talks around almost every core formation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This list in the current version and Steel Legion are pretty easy to build an overlap for. In example,
Step 1: Paint infantry. Paint 2 stormlords. Paint 7 Chimeras for them.
Step 2: ...
Step 3: PROFIT!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:02 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

fruitbat wrote:
Where's the potential movement on this list? Is it likely to stay stable for a while?

Got a tournament I'm keen to take them to in about 4 months, but I've got to drop some dollars on them and am a slow painter, so I need to plan now..

I’d say your safe, the Steel Legion list changes have been waiting in the wings of the ERC for well over a year now!

But you can’t go wrong painting infantry and Chimera!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool, thanks.

I'm actually porting across from SL, for a break from big infantry units in chimeras ;D
Love the DiD (not a) Leviaithan, been trying to find an excuse to get it on the table. Looks like now's the time!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sweet then yeah just plunk down 2 stormlord proxies and you're all set to go with your SL infantry.
Similar to the sentinels, paint up 6 and then just take only 4 with SL (or add 2 more to your existing SL collection)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is it safe to say the only things needed to get this tto approval are the 18 batreps? Thinking of investing time and money to get one more list to development before Euros next year!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:49 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Largo_W wrote:
Is it safe to say the only things needed to get this tto approval are the 18 batreps? Thinking of investing time and money to get one more list to development before Euros next year!

No, but it is the closest of the Guard lists, the main concern is the current Infantry Company-Kasrkin ratio. E&C approached me and asked if he could pick the list up again, that was a number of months ago but life does get in the way, I’ll touch base with him and find out what his position is/ thoughts are. It’s another we’d like to present to EUK for parity.

Personally, I’d like to see the Kasrkin core formation and the Mechanised Kasrkin formation in the support section swapped around. As it is 175pts is too cheap for a core formation and leaves no reason to take a regular 250pt Infantry Company.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Played again this week, but using the Breakout scenario instead of the GT scenario... so I guess it doesn't count.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, would be nice to have some "new" armies for next Euros, Cadia looks promising to put through. Would be nice to put the supreme as an update instead only in the Leviathan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RugII wrote:
Personally, I’d like to see the Kasrkin core formation and the Mechanised Kasrkin formation in the support section swapped around. As it is 175pts is too cheap for a core formation and leaves no reason to take a regular 250pt Infantry Company.

I was the one who stirred the discussion last time, but if it implies such a big change as deleting the option of a on foot based army, how about this? Infantry companies are often seen as slightly overpriced to deal with this exact same situation. If it is the case, why not overprice the Kasrkin to 200, and MAYBE, and only MAYBE lower the Infantry Company to 225 to compensate and make it appetizing compared with the Kasrkin. While we are adding back a problem, 225 is a lot less of an issue than 175, and would help the problem about choosing between Kasrkin and Infantry Company.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next