Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Cadian Shock Troops v1.4

Post subject: Re: Cadian Shock Troops v1.4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
uvenlord wrote:
Anyone knows why the marauder bomber is a single plane not a pair as in many other lists?
I do not mind just wondering.

The Krieg list has a single Marauder too. Ben statted up stats for a 'heavy' Marauder with the same weapons but 5+ 2DC as the Forge World models are close in size and mass to a Thunderhawk or Vampire (having roughly 9-10cm wingspan) so these stats represent the modern aircraft properly.
Ok, I've totally missed that this was a different Marauder. Since they were not mentioned in the Armylist as a different unit I always thought it was an ordinary Marauder. :)
I use an FW Marauder for the Colossus instead.

Sabres and trenches might be a little expensive in my opinion. (Although trenches are removed in this version...I would suggest removing the gunemplacements and lower the cost)
Sabres is much harder to supress, but the shorter range and fewer shots make them much worse then the hydras. So perhaps 75 points instead?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:
Sabres and trenches might be a little expensive in my opinion. (Although trenches are removed in this version...I would suggest removing the gunemplacements and lower the cost)
Sabres is much harder to supress, but the shorter range and fewer shots make them much worse then the hydras. So perhaps 75 points instead?

IMHO, Sabres are too expensive for 100 points (10cm mounted, only 30cm range...). Without trenches, the only place where I would put them is in the Leviathan (firing from the fighting platform, actually giving it 3xAA shots).

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Aye they need a gun emplacement as part of the unit providing cover. I dislike the general use trenches in thus list, however

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
OK guys, let's give some time for the wheels to work, k? Enthusiasm is commendable but moving straight to nuclear option isn't needed. Not everyone lives on this board all day long ;D

Ok there's waiting for the wheels to work and just rolling to a stop. Rug, rest of the ERC folks, what's the story going on here? There should be some type of answer bring brought forth by now, even if it's a proactive, "We're aware and still waiting". I'm going to cross post this in the EpiComms NetEA Rules Amendments forum likely unless I hear differently.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:
OK guys, let's give some time for the wheels to work, k? Enthusiasm is commendable but moving straight to nuclear option isn't needed. Not everyone lives on this board all day long ;D

Ok there's waiting for the wheels to work and just rolling to a stop. Rug, rest of the ERC folks, what's the story going on here? There should be some type of answer bring brought forth by now, even if it's a proactive, "We're aware and still waiting". I'm going to cross post this in the EpiComms NetEA Rules Amendments forum likely unless I hear differently.
Same thing in the Eldar Forum, nothing happens...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

uvenlord wrote:
Same thing in the Eldar Forum, nothing happens...

We follow the process set up in the CRaP. There is no point in us having this if we don't follow it. So when we say bear with us, we mean that we are attempting to make contact and if nothing happens in the required period of time we will act. In the mean time we are still playing and playtesting.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry for being on both threads, didn't look at the AC name before I started to collect the models...
Tiny-Tim wrote:
We follow the process set up in the CRaP. There is no point in us having this if we don't follow it. So when we say bear with us, we mean that we are attempting to make contact and if nothing happens in the required period of time we will act.

I actually read the CRaP a while ago and I say you are not following your own rules.

Quote:
An Army Champion who is incapable of maintaining their duties in the opinion of the NetERC, Army Champions or forum community can be removed. Army Champions can be removed via a three-quarters majority vote of the NetERC. If the Army Champion is also a NetERC member then they are ineligible to vote.
The NetERC can have this vote anytime they want to if the AC is incapable of maintaining it's duties.
Quote:
An Army Champion who has not logged in to the forums for three months will automatically be subject to a NetERC vote.
If the AC is not logged in for three month the NetERC need to vote even if they dosn't want to.
So in my opinion not playing and answering questions is enough for a vote, perhaps not as much in this thread as in the Eldar one but still...

If it is ok just to log on to the forum every 3 month but to do nothing then the rules is somewhat hallow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Yes we can & only logging in every three months would not be suitable for active development lists. Points noted.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Tiny-Tim. I was unaware that notice this was being addressed occurred was posted. It appeared more that no one was checking in on things. Cheers

Edit: also in retrospect this thread or any development one was not the appropriate place to bring this up so my bad. However in the future if this type of thing happens again a general notice posted to Epicomms forum might be the best route. When it is dealt with and concluded they can be dealt with as is appropriate.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So until then...

I had a game a couple of nights ago with the Cadians against Minervan and these are my thoughts:

1. This is the second time I take the Colossus and it really sucks and feels wierd. The bomb is not good enough, compared to the ordinary marauder. 3 BP,IC and a single TK(D3) hit instead of 6 BP might sound like a fair trade but with slow firing and a 50 points raise... Not that many units have a mix of WE and other troupes so most of my typical target would be a Landraider detachment or a Titan or similar "high point" unit. Meaning I get 2-3 5+ hits and a possible TK hit two times per game. Also the Slow firing bomb makes the bomber appear with only a single AP4+ shot on turn 2, is this really what we want? My opponent just shakes his head and laugh when the bomber enters the field and hunts down broken formations or places blastmarkers on unactivated units...
Also the twin heavy bolter turret have "front firing arc" and AP4+ usually a turret have 360 degree firing arc and the twin heavy bolter dosn't have AP shots...
My suggestion would be to replace the current bomb with a simple 3BP MW and perhaps the rear and forward heavy bolters is more in line with the fluff but a simple 2xheavy bolters would be ok with me. Also lower the cost to 200 or possible 250.

2. Sabre plattforms seems overpriced. Lower cost to at least 75?

3. Leviathan, why do we not use the rules for the Squat Leviathan (or the other way around)? To have two different statlines for the same model seems wrong, or is there any difference fluffwise between the two? The big difference would be the number of shields I think...
My suggestion would be to use the Squat stats and get the price right instead.
Other than that the WE works fine, although the "doomsday cannon" seems a little weak compared to what the fluff says :)

4. Didn't use the Ordinatus in the last game but I still think it is a very good unit. Perhaps we should get the Plasma destructor in line with the AMTL? 6 shots instead of 4 and possible drop the 2x or consider a points increase? Will try and compare it to a Reaver sometime :)

5.Kasrkin, why did they loose scout?Isn't this just the Cadian name for Storm troopers? Anyway, the 25 point reduction for them not having scout looks like a bad tradeoff. I know they get a Leader also but still. Not sure what to suggest instead as giving them scout would put them in strange situations as they are riding around in warengines... perhaps another 25 points reduction?

6. Griffons and hellhounds see post above.

7.Perhaps we could take away the hydras just to get more people to use the sabres and to make the list "slimmer"

Hmm looks like I would like a lot of improvements and just some nerfs... Still think this list is quite balanced so what do you other people think. Anyone playing this list and have some comments?

/Uven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

1. Colussus is dumb and I agree it's weird. A regular weaker bomb run you can use every turn would also result in less bookeeping. Believe this is the only list using that so easier to trial changes if that is decided on going forward.
3. There are fluff differences though that's not really important at this scale likely. I have no opinions on unifying them either way other than it's likely get judged a large enough change (especially if coupled with other things) to boot back to Exp perhaps.
5. No they are not the same thing. Scouts by another name is pretty boring take on them however.
6. See my reply above :D
7. Probably would cripple Russ squadron and armoured fist formations ability to take forward action as quickly they outrange their Stormlords carrying sabres.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:
So until then...

I had a game a couple of nights ago with the Cadians against Minervan and these are my thoughts:

1. This is the second time I take the Colossus and it really sucks and feels wierd. The bomb is not good enough, compared to the ordinary marauder. 3 BP,IC and a single TK(D3) hit instead of 6 BP might sound like a fair trade but with slow firing and a 50 points raise... Not that many units have a mix of WE and other troupes so most of my typical target would be a Landraider detachment or a Titan or similar "high point" unit. Meaning I get 2-3 5+ hits and a possible TK hit two times per game. Also the Slow firing bomb makes the bomber appear with only a single AP4+ shot on turn 2, is this really what we want? My opponent just shakes his head and laugh when the bomber enters the field and hunts down broken formations or places blastmarkers on unactivated units...
Also the twin heavy bolter turret have "front firing arc" and AP4+ usually a turret have 360 degree firing arc and the twin heavy bolter dosn't have AP shots...
My suggestion would be to replace the current bomb with a simple 3BP MW and perhaps the rear and forward heavy bolters is more in line with the fluff but a simple 2xheavy bolters would be ok with me. Also lower the cost to 200 or possible 250.

2. Sabre plattforms seems overpriced. Lower cost to at least 75?

/Uven

Totally agreed on this. Same thoughts in my last games.

Dropping Hydras, not so sure.

Maybe my testing is slightly different as I don't field Stormlords (personal rule: not proxies hehe).

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So with SG vacating positions (details here) we should discuss the future of this list. Anyone have interest in the Cadians for active management? I hate to see this important list languish, especially when it is so close to done.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

Last edited by jimmyzimms on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Is it intentional that we cant add fire support unit or karskin to a cadian company in 2 storm lords? Seems like A commandwe unit and 11 infantry units wouldb be better for customizing formations with add-ons.

Iron Warriors (Currently Building)
Daemons

My Commission Website: http://hulksmashstudios.webs.com
My Languishing Blog that will soon host some Epic stuff: http://hulksmash-homeplace.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hulksmash wrote:
Is it intentional that we cant add fire support unit or karskin to a cadian company in 2 storm lords? Seems like A commandwe unit and 11 infantry units wouldb be better for customizing formations with add-ons.
Not sure I follow you here... You can add upgrades to all core companies.
The ratio 1 commander and 12 infantry is used in the Steel legion lists also.

lord-bruno wrote:
Maybe my testing is slightly different as I don't field Stormlords (personal rule: not proxies hehe).
Guessing I'm different, I use very very nice proxies :)

jimmyzimms wrote:
Anyone have interest in the Cadians?
Yes :)

So back to my list earlier:

Griffons: would 175points be OK?
Hellhounds: 200p?
Sabre plattforms 75p

On the Kasrkin "issue"
uvenlord wrote:
5.Kasrkin, why did they loose scout?Isn't this just the Cadian name for Storm troopers? Anyway, the 25 point reduction for them not having scout looks like a bad tradeoff. I know they get a Leader also but still. Not sure what to suggest instead as giving them scout would put them in strange situations as they are riding around in warengines... perhaps another 25 points reduction?

jimmyzimms wrote:
5. No they are not the same thing. Scouts by another name is pretty boring take on them however.
Well first I do not understand what you mean. Could you say that again, please?
I read some more background and most say they are Cadian Stormtroopers. But as always in GW terms they are a little better equipped and a little better trained then ordinary Stormtroopers...
So why did they loose "scout"? I like the way they get a commander but the IG commander is really worse than the Kasrkin so basically they loose the scout ability and substitutes a Stormtrooper with a commander and still costs 200 points. I know they can take upgrades but still... Could they get a Kasrkin Commander instead?

On the Ordinatus issue I have yet to come up with something good. I will look a little at the Skitarii for help.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next