Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Cadian Shock Troops v1.4

Post subject: Re: Cadian Shock Troops v1.4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Bravo!! Excellent choice!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Congratulations, Lord Owl! Now bring them to Stockholm.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Indeed congrats! Image

And bring them to Stockholm in January if you like!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the nice words :)

Will try and get them all painted until January...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, I'm still waiting for Rug to give me an ok with my proposed changes (mainly points adjustments and a remake on the colossus) and some directions on how things work.

Until then it would be nice to know if there is anyone out there playing with Cadians and if so I would like to know how your collection/army looks like. I do not intend to change much but have some things I like to test and before adding/taking stuff away I thought it would be good to know how other peoples armies looks like...

I'll start with my current collection:
1x Regimental HQ (1 leviathan, 7 kasrkin and a supreme commander)
1x Kasrkin co (7 kasrkin, 1 commander)
2x Infantry co (12 inf, 1 commander)
6x sabre plattforms
3x Superheavies (magnetized so they can be fielded as Stormlords, Shadowswords or Stormswords)
3x bombards
3x hydras
6x griffons
6x sentinels
6x leman russ
1x colossus (and some more airplanes that I "borrow" from my marines)
1x ordinatus

I'm currently looking for some Valkyries but I do not intend to pay e-bay prices right now :)
Further down I would like another Infantry company and some more sentinels.

Rule wise I am still undecided on the Ordinatus, it is very powerful and feels like a must have...anyone who have tried the ordinatus and have some thoughts?

And the Kasrkin, I see the simplicity with them not having scout as they will often be part of a formation without scout. But still they are supposed to be Stormtroopers so they might be "upgraded" to ordinary stormtroopers just to keep things simple... I do not want them to get another ability, it's a point reduction or ordinary stormtroopers I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not so sure what to do but I sent a this new version to Rug in November and still haven't heard from him so I'll post it here for comments...

Attachment:
CADIAN SHOCK TROOPS ARMY LIST v1.51.docx [30.76 KiB]
Downloaded 303 times

Possible tweaks is: Ordinatus change movement to 10 cm to match the Skitarii list and perhaps change the Sabre plattforms to 75 points...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As far as I know Rug has only recently gotten back in the country which may explain the slow response time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:48 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Also a sub-AC shouldnt need to consult with the AC on points changes, post them up for discussion and get on with it man!! :)

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Scutarii wrote:
As far as I know Rug has only recently gotten back in the country which may explain the slow response time.
That might explain things, yes :)

kyussinchains wrote:
Also a sub-AC shouldnt need to consult with the AC on points changes, post them up for discussion and get on with it man!! :)
Nah, I don't need to ask about points but I wanted to know a little how he felt about some "directions". Also I have no Idea on how to proceed with the practical stuff. (do I post a new topic, how much can I change and still keep the Development status etc)

On to the list...

I have played a couple of games and like the overall footslogger and WE feel. Just a couple of things bothers me a little.
The Ordinatus is really good, so good that I "need" to take it every time and it kind of dominate the army. I do not really like that so I'm thinking about removing it or changing the weapon to something more "difficult" to use... I do not really know why it is in the list, to my knowledge there is no background supporting a Cadian ordinatus. Thoughts?

I kind of miss the Baneblade. To me it's the "original" warengine so I'm thinking of putting it back in the list. Not as an option to the Shadowsword but rather as an upgrade to the Infantry unit or as a company of three...

The Stormsword is not that good. Its range is to short for a slow vehicle I think. Will have to look up if any other list uses this one and how it fares there.

The Cadian infantry is supposed to be "elite" but right now they are quite normal. I'm thinking about adding a veteran special rule or something. Perhaps +1 to rally...at least for kasrkin.

Anyone else have a suggestion on how to get a more infantry and warengine feel without getting to close to the Krieg list. I want to have an aggressive list not a static one :)

Last edited by uvenlord on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

uvenlord wrote:

The Stormsword is not that good. Its range is to short for a slow vehicle I think. Will have to look up if any other list uses this one and how it fares there.

Really?? we play with the 45cm Siege Cannon, it's one of my favorite SHT. The one I find not that good is the Stormblade, even thought both have the same range on the main gun, an assault gun with 45cm range is ok, but a plasma cannon with a 45cm is meh.

uvenlord wrote:

The Cadian infantry is supposed to be "elite" but right now they are quite normal. I'm thinking about adding a veteran special rule or something. Perhaps +1 to rally...at least for kasrkin.
[/quote][/quote]

Infiltrator?? they are assault troops after all.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lord-bruno wrote:
uvenlord wrote:

Really?? we play with the 45cm Siege Cannon, it's one of my favorite SHT. The one I find not that good is the Stormblade, even thought both have the same range on the main gun, an assault gun with 45cm range is ok, but a plasma cannon with a 45cm is meh.

uvenlord wrote:

Infiltrator?? they are assault troops after all.

I have played 5 games during christmas and none were against "hordes" so that might have clouded my judgement on the Stormsword (2 opponents were titans and knights) Thats why I need good input from you and other guys :)

Infiltrate is intresting...

Last edited by uvenlord on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rug wrote:
I'm back.

Ordinatus should match that of other lists as closely as possible.

I think the Reg HQ is too expensive, it could do with another -25pts.

3 Sabres for 50pts is cheap but I think you should leave it for the time being, they do slow the formation, are mounted and have no armour. As well as considering 3 for 75pts you could try 2 for 50pts.

The infantry isn't that much more elite than regular Guard, Kasrkin already have better stats and the regulars have acces to superior upgrades, no further boosts over Steel Legion should be necessary.

Otherwise looking good!
Good to hear your back :)
It's hard to evaluate how much the HQ is worth but I have sneak peeked on the squats and their Leviathan is a little bit different (better?) and almost the same pricetag. Thinking about copying the squat statline instead of lowering the points...

On the sabres I had the same thought, 75 might be high 50 might be low.

On the infantry it might be GW:s usual fluff increase where everybody is the galaxys greatest fighter that made me think the Cadians needed a boost :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next