Login |  Register |  FAQ

Salamanders sub-AC required

Post subject: Salamanders sub-AC required
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Given that the_real_chris has not logged in to the forum for over 2 years, I think it's finally safe to appoint a new sub-AC to take care of the Salamanders list

Now they are an Approved list, but it seems very few people use them, I'm keen to see some hands up from interested parties who want to look after it, maybe a few tweaks here and there and some general love

let me know if you're interested by 6th of April

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Salamanders sub-AC required
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Bump.... nobody?

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well if no one else wants them... They have some overlap with the Scions of Iron, both in unique units (Land Raider Helios & Prometheus) and in the combined arms theme with tanks mixed in with the infantry. I could have a look at them and try to make the difference between them and other chapters bigger. But first I want to focus on the Scions of Iron...

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know you won't be looking at it for some time, but you said you might think about other ways to further define their differences, so what about this?

An option for an Imperial Guard-like or otherwise non-augmented human formation(s) - maybe with a unit of Marine officers like the Chaos Space Marine Aspiring Champion unit leading Cultists.

As they're the touchy-feely Astartes, living amongst their people, wanting to win hearts and minds, to dispel fear of the way they look and trying to ensure that ordinary humans will be the inheritors of a peaceful galaxy, I'd imagine they'd be happier than some to fight alongside unaugmented humans. Maybe they're PDF from Prometheus, armed Chapter serfs, or recruits from other in-theatre regiments.

On a gaming side, they might provide a way to include more activations in an army which, because of the way the Salamanders-specifiec units are added as upgrades (which I like, by the way), may likely have fewer than a Codex Astartes army - in a similar way to Inquisitorial acolytes in the currently-developed Grey Knight, Deathwatch and Adepta Sororitas lists.

While I'm on my soapbox, just wanted to highlight what I really love about the way the Epic: Armageddon lists are presented; as specific forces in specific theatres. So, the Codex Astartes list is meant to be not just Smurf-like Chapters, but Smurf-like Chapters as they fought during the War for Armageddon and Audrey's original Lost and The Damned list is specifically the Stigmatus Covenant uprising on a particular planet (Mackan) at a particular time (during the 13th Black Crusade). It has no bearing on their use, but I think it's really worth it to spend a sentence or two in the Using The Army List section to paint this picture, even for Astartes army lists.

Rant over. Promise!