Login |  Register |  FAQ

[Fan Units]

Post subject: [Fan Units]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I recently painted some miniatures which, at least to my knowledge, are not in any Space Marine list so far.
These are First Company Marines without Terminator armour and Assault Marines. AS this doesnt really justifies a new army list and I basically just want to play with my toys, I went and created some profiles for them.

New Detachments (may only be used in the regular Codex Marines Army List)
0-1 Assault Terminator Detachment
2 Assault Terminators with Land Raider Crusader (275 pts)
OR
4 Assault Terminators with 2 Land Raider Crusaders (500 pts)
Available upgrades: Commader, Dreadnoughts, Vindicator

0-1 Space Marines of the First Company (375 pts)
6 First Company Units plus Transport
Available upgrades: Commander, Dreadnoughts, Hunter, Land Raiders, Razorbacks, Vindicators

New Units
Code:
Name.....................Type..Speed..Armour....CC....FF..Weapons.......Range..Firepower
Assault Terminators......INF....15cm .....4+....3+....-...Power Claws...(bc)....Assault Weapons, MW, EA+2
Notes: Thick Rear Armour, Reinforced Armour, Invulnerable Save

Name......................Type..Speed..Armour....CC....FF...Weapons.........Range..Firepower
First Company.............INF....15cm .....4+....4+....4+...Power Weapons...(bc)...Assault Weapons, MW, EA+1
............................................................Rocket Launcher..45cm...AP5+/AT6+
Notes: Count as Tactical units for means of being transported

The basic idea here is to get smaller Terminator Detachments in the list which drive around in Land Raiders. As this could obviously used to spam these a lot, I limited them to ONE detachment per army and increased their point cost a little, compared to regular Terminators. Combined with the poor range of the Crusader and the non-existing Firefight value of the Terminators this should be okay. The invulnerable shall represent their Shields, at least in 40.000 they grant an invulnerable save to them so I saw it fitting.

The First Company are skilled veterans, but I dont think there is any justification to up their CC to 3 and especially not their FF to 3. Instead I added a MW attack as they sport a variety of energy wepons like power fists, power axes and so on. Otherwise they are a regular detachment of Tactical Marines. As I am using the NetEA list as a base, they cost an additional 100 points, so 375 points. I think this should be around okay for 6 MW cc attacks, maybe even too much. But I think they should be more expensive than Terminators. Again, 0-1 to avoid spamming these.

Now, what o you think? Is this too hard? Could use someone to help me with number crunching as the points are a big guess at the moment.

edit: Land Raider Crusader can be found in the Imperial Fist List
http://www.tp.net-armageddon.org/army-l ... fists.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: [Fan Units]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They're fun for a hoot in friendly play. they got douched from IF and DA lists as they didn't really work out in EA very well. Loosing teleport is a huge deal for them as they generally worked as a good representation of the Fists' Titanhammer formation with the ability. I actually like them mounted in Land Raiders though it's such a bad representation of the unit compared to fluff (EA really needed an "assault transport" ability). I like you're set up above. Looks fun to use.

For vets I'd have a +1 cc or +1 FF for Vanguard/Sternguard respectively. As a formation I'd throw in a free commander to represent their elite status.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
For vets I'd have a +1 cc or +1 FF for Vanguard/Sternguard respectively. As a formation I'd throw in a free commander to represent their elite status.

i've done the same in friendly games (cc 3+ vanguard/ ff3+sternguard) but not with extra power weapons attack. only ea +1. as leader i used a veteran sergeant char that used the stats of the detachment but adding the mw trait to the +1 ea and having leader. also i granted them a predator as upgrade option.
that one was pretty solid and not completely op.

pricing was at 350pts

did anyone ever thought about including breachers again? the heresy stats look pretty fine imo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Would love to see more variation in the Marine list :)