Login |  Register |  FAQ

C'Tan Intel

Post subject: C'Tan Intel
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I heard that some where GW rumored about other C'Tan besides the Nightbringer and Deceiver ... I've got a scratch built Nightbringer a buddy made ... and have an old OOP WarMaster piece for the Deceiver that I will use ... He's the flying Bloke on the right ... But I have two others pictured here I'd like to add to my C'Tan Choices ... Any intel ?

Attachments:
THE DECEIVER.jpg
THE DECEIVER.jpg [ 132.27 KiB | Viewed 3091 times ]

Post subject: Re: C'Tan Intel
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

All current mentioned C'Tan
=======================
Aza'gorod, the Nightbringer: The first C'tan to encounter the Necrons. Powerful enough to impress its image as that of death itself on the psyche of the younger races, upon entering stasis it was almost destroyed by starvation but was released accidentally by the Dark Eldar, aided by a power-mad human industrialist named Kasimir de Valtos.

Iash'uddra, the Endless Swarm: A C'tan hated by the Silent King.

Llandu'gor, the Flayer: The only C'tan fully obliterated by the Necrons, in his death he cursed the Necrons with the flayer curse.

Mephet'ran, the Deceiver: The C'tan who made the bargain to turn the Necrontyr into the Necrons.

Nyadra'zatha, the Burning One: A C'tan that gave the necrons the ability to access the Webway.

Tsara'noga, the Outsider: A C'tan that went insane due to its consumption of other C'tan or possibly an Eldar deity.

Mag'ladroth, the Void Dragon: A figure of oblivion, wanton destruction and devastation. It was a master of the material realm and it's warriors were practically invincible. Speculated to be the Dragon of Mars.

Kalugura: no further information

Og'driada, the Arisen

Yggra'nya, the Moulder of Worlds: A C'tan's whose very thoughts could break apart a planet and reshape it in a form more pleasing to him.

Stardeath: no further information
=======================

Also be aware that C'Tan, and the Necron more generally, were significantly reenvisioned during the last version (sometimes referred to as NewCrons). The nature and list of C'Tan has been extended in the fluff. Originally there were only 4 left which IIRC were The Deceiver, Void Dragon, The Outsider, and Nightbringer. However at that time they were basically gods and in control (or trapped) of the Necron instead of being the shattered entities they are now.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh !!!!! Very good intel ! U Da Mann ! Now to choose what those 2 figures next to "The Deceiver", C'tan they should be ? Any suggestions ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I found another one like this mounted guy ... another C'Tan maybe ?

Attachments:
C'TAN.jpg
C'TAN.jpg [ 13.64 KiB | Viewed 3036 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well because I have a little time on my hands ... and those cool WarMaster models in those hands ... I was thinking ... which could be dangerous ! :o After studying the Necron Raider Rules. It appears to me like a number of GW armies, the Necrons really lack enough long range heavy weapons. Especially when it comes to Titan killing ...
My machinations on the subject :
The C'Tan in the bottom pic. On Left, mounted = MOLDER OF WORLDS, has all Nightbringer stats but WPNS = PYLON ... COST = 350
In the top pic. The C'Tan on the Right = THE DECEIVER - stats in Raider book
The C'Tan on Left, mounted = Void Dragon, has all Nightbringer stats but WPNs = AEONIC ORB ... Cost = 700. The Middle C'Tan on foot = The Outsider : again, Nightbringer stats but = WPNS = SCYTHE CLASS STARSHIP ... COST = 350 ... Like I said, gives the Necron a little more firepower and better Titan killing capabilites ... Any thoughts ? Based on "Raider" rules, 0-1 C'tan can be used, & they count toward War Engine allocation. Plus NO More than 1/3 of your points can be used on WE ...

Attachments:
VOID DRAGON.jpg
VOID DRAGON.jpg [ 7.38 KiB | Viewed 2991 times ]
C'TAN.jpg
C'TAN.jpg [ 13.64 KiB | Viewed 2991 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I think the lack of long range weaponry is intentional to balance out the amazing maneuverability of the force. They cant be beat for maneuverability with teleporting and portals. Those Cads can pop up wherever they like >:D .

I'm working on balancing that out a little bit with the Sautekh list. Remove some of the Armour and portal cheese and add back some range. Will they excel at range? No, but their are at least options now. Trying to make the list more than a one trick pony. Any input on the Sautekh list would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you for your imput. I'm still just playing around with this, for my own gratification, if nothing else ... 8)