Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 0.4 [Experimental]

Post subject: Re: NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 0.3 [Experimental]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There's nothing saying it can't be done. But traditionally portals in epic (eldar & raiders) have been treated as a passive abbility and those are alowed to be used also when broken. I don't think changing that for only necrons is a good thing. The small formation sizes makes the portal units to easy to break.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Adding a BM to the portaling unit is enough to make breaking them tactically viable and gives a reason for the Crons to not just double withdraw move bum rush the enemy always. Making them not able to be used at all would probably cause them to be completely nonviable.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:18 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Borka wrote:
Yeah I still think it's an interesting idea. But it would be moving the two necron lists even further apart. I will not add it in the next update, but might do so at a later stage.

Does this mean a V0.4 is in the near future? Looking forward to some new balancing changes to play test. I think the current 0.3 has had a decent amount play testing and feed back to move on to the next stage.

Hoping the next update will include some ballance for the larger war engines, the Aeonic orb is quite over costed at 750pts, and even the NetEU has dropped it's points to 650. Hoping that if we see a change to Living metal the war engines will be buffed a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah I will try to do a version 0.4 next weekend. I will check epic UK's pricing on the WE. They will certainly get lower costing if we were to change LM.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Remember that there are a lot of indications that the Necrons aren't broken, but annoying. They didn't do particularly well at the EEC for one thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Borka wrote:
Yeah I will try to do a version 0.4 next weekend. I will check epic UK's pricing on the WE. They will certainly get lower costing if we were to change LM.

Cheers

I was sick last weekend and have been spending hobbytime preparing a tournament last few days. So had to postpone this. :( Sorry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

any updates on v4 ? =)

Epic 40k Iron Warriors
My Shapeways Shop
Wrong! Conan, What is best in life?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In terms of play, do people feel they can always have enough reserve to lower the margin of defeat? So contest enough, get in opponents half to only lose 1-0, 2-1, etc?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Volrath wrote:
any updates on v4 ? =)

Yeah I've updated my file. Just need to find the time to look though it again, upload it and write a post here with the why's.

cheers

Post subject: Re: NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 0.4 [Experimental]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok finally had some time to finish the next version. we're now up to version 0.4. I think we still have to consider the list experimental. My hope is that v0.5 will take us to developmental.

Changes are outlined i blue. Some places have blue text with a line over it. This is just to clarify what's been removed.

List of changes
  • Rules for portals have been reworked. You can still move a formation across almost the entire table, but doing so will require the use of 3 portals. I also added the BM for moving through a broken portal.
  • Living Metal - small change against TK weapons. I want us to playtest this. This change if it takes place effect both Sautekh and Raiders - I don't want two versions of the Living Metal rule.
  • Reworked the army list layout to match the raiders list in the tournament pack
  • Added back the possibility of a monolith formation greater than 3 units. As per the raiders list.
  • Pricing adjusted in several places due to stats changes.

Stats changes
  • Immortals have had their CC lowered. - They have exactly the same stats as warriors in 40k with only one lousy CC attack. This used to be the case also in the 40k codex from the time of raiders. I really can't see why immortals should have better CC than warriors. Perhaps a bit controversial but I would like to change this also in the Raiders list at a further point.
  • Doomsday cannon have moved from MW to 3+ AT/AP. - I wanted to lower the number of available MW and TK attacks in the list. Went through them all and saw that this was a borderline MW-attack when I compared the 40k stats to epic again. It's sort of like a battlecannon (1 point of S more and 2 points of Armour piercing more and +1 ballistic skill more than Leman Russes- I therefore think a 3+AT/AP is warranted.
  • Monolith CC reverted back to 6+. 5+ was a typo.
  • Monolith portal of exile was removed. Realized this attack has a range of D6" in 40k. Should therefore be a CC attack in epic. A CC attack for a FF-based skimmer seemed really pointless so removed it. - This allowed me to reinstate the raiders stats for the gauss flux arc and have identical stats between lists.
  • Abbatoir got the same Critical as in the epic-UK list. The old critical is silly good for a CC based engine. This is also something I'd like to add to the raiders list at a later point.
  • Doom scythe Death Ray downgraded from TK to MW
  • Airplane saves increased according to previous discussion
  • Night Scythe portal changed, e.g. limited. Added note of them working like transport aircraft.
  • Night Shroud Bomber, bombs lowered to 2 BP each. Downing one plane from a formation will now make a big difference.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:14 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Many of the changes seem to like good strides to make the list less annoying to face however, seems like a lot of nerfs for a list that is by no means over performing. Suggest some point re-adjustments particularly on the war engines for the LM nerf, not to mention they were already under performing. Also have some serious concerns about the portal limitation on the fliers.... how often are you going to have a unit of just three infantry... with phase out gone this makes them usless for troop delivery.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know about the nerfs might be to much. I lowered pts costs for the doomsday arks and tried to make the monolit formations hard er to break. I have no problem to lower more or give small buffs if the list is lacking.

I think you missunderstood about the plane. It's three infantry per plane as they have one portal each. Perhaps allowing up to three planes?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Well Ill give it a whirl. Wont be able to get a game in for a while with the holiday season impending.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:46 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

3000 pt. battle Ghaz orks vs Sautekh

Sautekh list:
Doomsday Ark
Monolith Phalanx (3 Monoliths)
Monolith Phalanx (3 Monoliths)
Warrior Phalanx (10 warriors)
Warrior Phalanx (8 warriors +overlord)
Eques Maniple (Lord)
Immortal Phalanx (8 Immortals)
Night scythes
Tesserat Vault
Pylon
Pylon

Ork List:
MEKBOY STOMPAMOB [500]
3 Stompa, Supa Stompa
MEKBOY GUNZMOB [200]
6 Big Gunz, Oddboy
MEKBOY GUNZMOB [200]
6 Big Gunz, Oddboy
WARBAND [250]
2 Nobz, 6 Boyz, 2 Grotz, 2 Boyz + Grotz
WARBAND [250]
2 Nobz, 6 Boyz, 2 Grotz, 2 Boyz + Grotz, Warlord
LANDA [200]
LANDA [200]
LANDA [200]
STORMBOYZ WARHORDE [200]
8 Stormboyz
FIGHTA SKWADRON [200]
4 Fighta Bomba
FIGHTA SKWADRON [200]
4 Fighta Bomba
MEKBOY STOMPAMOB (BIG) [400]
6 Stompa

My phone died so I couldn't take any pictures of the game but here is a full account of each activation:
Teleported two pylons, one of the monoliths and the vault in. Vault near the garrisoned guns mobs but out of LOS. Monoliths near the other garrison guns mob.
Orks get iniative.
landa ground attacks one of the pylons take one DC from AA fire (no crit), orks kill the pylon in assault no supporting fire from the Arks.
Retain from Stompa mob doubles and fires at monoliths. 2 monoliths down.
Arks move and fire at Guns mob killing 2, position to support/screen second pylon.
Gun sustains at pylon 2 doing 1 DC and breaking it with the zap gun.
Vault moves and fires at gun mob 2, Overwatch triggers and kills the vault (TK weapon does 2 dc)
Retain with destroyers out of broken monolith to fire at gun mob 2. kills 3 breaks the unit.
Cap fighta bombers (had to reroll with warlord)
Stompa big mob doubles and kills 3 destroyers breaking them.
Couldn't ground attack to portal with the scyhes because of the portal (transport) limit the units remaining were all too large. So the scythes went on Cap.
fighta bombers ground attack, Cap with Scythes 3 hits one save two fightas dead, fightas still manage to kill two destroyers and BMs wipe out the rest.
Necron out of actions.
fighta bombers intercept and kill 1 scythe.
Landa 2 drops warband on Arks. Orks don't kill any arks but win because of numbers and grot shield.
Landa 3 ground attacks (didn't deploy stormboys) Arks, Kills one other dies to BM. they are wiped out.

Pylon rallies, one big gun mob rallies everything else fails.
Turn 2
monoliths 2 TP, 1 BM near Necron blitz,
Necrons win iniative
Warriors (10) assault out of monoliths to warband 1 (with warlord) win combat with only 1 casualty to 4 on the ork side, orks break.
Retain with immortals immortals win assault kill 5 orks for no losses. Orks retreat.
Super stompa mob doubles and fires at immortals kills 3 (MW BP hits) and clips pylon 2 breaking it.
scythe fails to activate
fighta bombers ground attack immortals killing 1 and breaking the unit.
Warriors 2 portal in and double and fire at unbroken big guns mob, kills 1 breaking them.
landa 3 ground assaults immortals. Stormboys win combat but take 3 casulaties. Immotals are wiped out.
Monoliths double and fire at big gun mob wiping it out.
Landa one ground attacks warriors (8) killing 2
fighta bomers fail to activate
landa 1 ground attacks warriors (8) killing 1 and breaking the unit.
Big stompa mob triple moves close to warriors (8), monoliths and objective.

Warriors rally
Pylon rallies
gun mob fails to rally
only 1 warband rallies.

Turn 3
Orks win iniative.
Super stompa mob sustains on monoliths kills 2 (Barrage clips the warriors killing one and breaking the unit)
fighta bombers 1 retain ground attack pylon, breaking it but losing 1 to AA fire.
Warriors (10) assault unbroken warband (with warlord), warband wiped out after combat resolution.
Big stompa mob assaults remaining monolith and kills it.
Scythe goes on cap (nothing really else it can do and the necrons are pretty much wiped out)
landa 1 ground attacks warriors 10 killing 3. Cap landa takes 1 DC
Landa 2 ground attacks warriors (10) killing 1 breaking the unit
Landa 3 ground attacks Warriors (10) killing 2 BMs wipe out the unit.
Fighta bombers 2 ground attack warriors (8) kill 1 due to BM.

Orks win 2:0 should have been 3:0 if not for a misplacement of big stompa mobs near objectives.

The necrons performed really poorly despite having average-ish rolls on most stuff (except armour rolls for the vault). Low armour on the warriors made them quite easy to kill. The limitations on the flier portal made them useless for troop deployment. Necrons badly need their portals to be effective and losing the monolith group in the first turn was crippling as the scythes couldn't deposit troops. Only one remaining monolith formation made for really restrictive movement and options. Had we played with a slightly different list deploying the warriors on the board rather than relying on portals it would have helped some as they could have protected the pylons much better against landa assaults. Something to consider however, then they are so restricted and in my opinion it would just delay the inevitable as necron troops generally aren't particularly good at anything other than portal assaults and very susceptible with the low armour.

Last edited by atension on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for sharing.

I see that you bought no formation of suitable size to be deployed via the ariplanes. So isn't it rather expected that you couldn't use them in that role?

A 6 unit formation is a bit fragile for sure. A solution could be to make the night scythes formation have the option for a thrid plane.

Quote:
Something to consider however, then they are so restricted and in my opinion it would just delay the inevitable as necron troops generally aren't particularly good at anything other than portal assaults and very susceptible with the low armour.

I don't think necrons have particulary low saves. Immortals/destroyers/preatorians all have 4+. 5+ of warriors isn't a low save for infantry. Together with the necron rule I actually think they have good saves.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next