Login |  Register |  FAQ

6mm Gorkamorka

Post subject: Re: 6mm Gorkamorka
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So what exactly did you do to convert the rules to 6mm?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I so had the same idea! Lol, I planned to use Inquisitor rules to make it more roleplayish. Great job! Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have done this myself by kitbashing some Vanguard stuff along with other minatures , very interested to see how you converted rules to 6 mm and how it played.

I won the gw rulebooks on eBay and love looking at the artwork and photos in them, still need to paint them but will get some pics up.

So tempted to make a full size board with a crashed spaceship in the middle !

Great thread and full of insperation ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just converted everything straight to cm. Since bases are 1 inch diameter, they become 1cm diameter, 2 inch blast becomes 2cm diamter. In honesty though, if you had a full size table (which I do not alas) you could just stick with inches, to represent speed of vehicles and realistic weapon ranges. Or perhaps half inches instead of cm.

There was that plastic spaceship ruins GW used to do ((http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eN1mdp97-cI/VWhRodjWpnI/AAAAAAAABNA/Ky6-UHIDcA4/s1600/IMG_1096.JPG) I think from one of their starter boxes, ultramarines vs tyranids), I always intended to pick that up as a crashed spaceship.

I do intend to return to this at some point, the old GW models are not so inspiring and would like to start again with some Vanguard replacements. I'm happy with the muties, though some additional microwave muties would be nice.

The trouble with Gorkamorka is that I don't think the rules were that good. I thought that back in the day, and I felt the same playing one game with these (granted, playing solo). Seems to be a bit of a dice rolling exercise, you don't roll that many dice but you need roll high to damage vehicles, there does not seem much you can do to increase the odds of doing so, meanwhile either the vehicle sustains unimportant damage or is out the fight leaving the whole thing a bit binary. But I like the setting and Mutie Raiders are among my favourite GW inventions, these noble but corrupted ad-mec fighting a crusade against the greenskins.

If you can find inspiration within the rules then I'd be interested to hear about it. Personally, I'm tempted to port it to another set, perhaps Stargrunt II but with each model effectively being its own squad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Gorkamorka really needs at least a half dozen players in the campaign. We played it with 3 players and once one player got his hands on an upgraded 'eavy shooter with a Bs 5 it became a bit of a shooting gallery. With a few more mobs around we could've ganged up and mullered the upstart.

As it was once everyone else's buggies got knackered the campaign was effectively over. That and biker gangs are so fast they can hoover up pretty much all the scrap counters before anyone's had a chance to fight.

It was great fun while it lasted though with some hilarious events. My Boss' Krak Stikkbomb going off when he used it as a club which killed his Boy next to him, left the enemy Boy unhinged and my Boss slightly singed but unharmed. I've got to giggle when I imagine the look on his face when his "club" exploded in his hand :)

Sent from my 4034X using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Love it! GorkaMorka was such a fun game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

With the orks on the wagons, have you kept the minatures seperate, as i used vanguards trucks but widened them so i could get minatures on the back. Have not played with them yet as still doing the rest of the minatures, just looking for a decent proxie for the gobbo sailed waggon ;)