Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

I Have No Point: A random hobby log

Post subject: Re: I Have No Point: A random hobby log
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey! Yes much nicer to have a functional camera, elsmore! You going to start the LONG upload process to restore you missing hobby thread, btw?

Also went back through most the posts and took updated clearer pictures of the items now 1000% less fog! ;D

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice, I will go back and see if there are any I can use in the MiniWars Db if you don't mind!

I lost all the WIP photos of my projects along with my old account. I could post various completed shots (already on MW) but feel like it would be 'old news'... Hopefully I'll have a load of SoB to post this year :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good luck with the SOB elsmore, gutted your account got lost chap :( but look forward to your seeing your new stuff mate ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah I referred to the loss as something akin to the burning of the Library of Alexandria (ok there may be a wee bit of hyperbole in there! ;) )

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Haha - just a smidgen! ;)

Online solutions:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Its a shame they got lost, but i know a lot of forums that have a back up and photos and other data are stored as a back up, sadly these forums are payed for ownership, not sure how this would go down with the folks on here.

However the bonus you is you do not need to use stuff like photobucket etc as its dircet upload, Probably the main reason i do not post many pictures anymore on here as its a pain to uplaod to photobucket and then upload on here also, Also photobucket has plenty of bugs and can be tempramentle quite a lot of the time also my tinternet speed is not always the best which makes it even worse :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How about using Flickr?
It's a nice place to host your images.

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Taking command of the Loyalist Astartes ground contingent, Caln Kaargul's Iron Lord Daavoros represented the pinnacle of Iron Hands technological and martial prowess. Encased in relic Leviathan Dreadnought armour believed to date back to the Age of the Scouring, the venerable dreadnought's tacturn nature was only exceeded by his monstrous tactical intellect. A warrior of a thousand wars, he was quick to change the entire strategic tempo of Warzone Palavan. Dispatching heavy mechanized shock infantry striking from numerous directions and supported by the vast Iron Hands and allied air detachments while himself leading the elite veteran detchments for the killing blow, the Iron Hands must have come as a shock for the traitorous Iron Warriors. Suddenly echos of the wars of the Horus Heresy stirred as giants once again stalked the battlefields...

Attachment:
Leviathan Dreadnought.jpg
Leviathan Dreadnought.jpg [ 265.23 KiB | Viewed 3720 times ]

painter's notes:
As numerous lists now feature Venerable dreadnoughts (and in fact Iron Hands require one to field a Supreme Commander in fact) I've been dying to get one of these painted. This was actually the first IH model I did to establish my "normal" Iron Hands treatment of VMC Intermediate Blue followed up with extensive drybrushing of Banelord Brass. Woodland Scenics Black liquid pigment was applied as a wash and filter to give it the metallic black in they need in my head cannon. It's been sitting here needing a base for months now. ;D

Since IH have a tendency to turn monochromatic in urban bases I pushed various colors in the rubble and ruins leveraging neutrals to offset the strong black and silver. Dirt and ground was black modeling clay stippled with a couple layers of progressively lighter GW greys. A fwe dabs of cayman green and ochre were washed randomly to keep it from being too uniform. Mig Mud and Rubble Dust pigment washes were applied that then I "washed" off by applying pure water to, leaving the pigments to settle in the crevasses. I left one of the plinth holes empty as a crater and settled a bit of Rocket Exhaust as a soot/burn color.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:10 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

cooo, neat base details

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking ace, love the colours in the bricks. How big are those barrels? If they can take a 0.5mm drill bit they need to be done! :)

Online solutions:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Cool!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Impressive! Love the hand painted symbol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The vast numbers of penal legion proscribed mutants, AbHumans, criminals, and other 'undesirables' available to the Imperial forces allowed indiscriminate use of massive wave attack strategies with a singular goal: application of more units than the enemy could possibly counter. Of exceptional use were 'kill squads' gathered together consisting of Homo Sapiens Variatus, or 'Beastmen' in low gothic, for especially violent close assault actions against prepared static defenses. Outfitted with simple low tech stubbers available in quanity from the 'liberated' PDF armouries, they were hered towards the enemy trench lines and bunkers as mass cannon fodder. By luck or proidence by the Emperor's Tarot, great numbers of abnormally large Beastmen were available; The so-called Minotaur, each as large or larger than an Ogryn were capable of carrying a Heavy Stubber support weapon allowing some amount of firepower to the initial attack. Special units of T'tenba 'Sayeret' pathfinders had previously infiltrated the prepared no-mans-land surrounding the vast chemical storage fields in Oheo using the penal legion assaults to map out the enemy defenses, fire-lanes, and traps for the follow-on Imperial Assault units to avoid. Of the estimate 9000 beastmen directed into the enemy, less than 100 were to survive the 6 hour battle. At the conclusion each was granted the Writ of Absolution granting them forgiveness of the Sin of Existence by the Ecclesiarchy prior to administration of 'The Emperor's Grace'...
Attachment:
BEASTMEN.png
BEASTMEN.png [ 1.92 MiB | Viewed 3633 times ]

painter's notes:
These models are Microworld beastkin raiders and Minotaur Heavies from their sci-fi range. I've always head a strong love for old Rogue Trader era Imperial Penal Legion Abhumans and thought a beastmen formation would be a nice addition to the force. As they're just the absolute dregs of the Imperial Faufreluches, I tried to keep them in a mishmash of clothing colors in just about ever foundation color I grabed and sizes to represent them wearing whatever rags they happened to get ahold of. In addition, due to the arid basing theme I didn't want them to be overly monochromatic so the sequence of browns and tan paints (a few greys as well) were used for their fur to give them a herd of space-goats scheme. In order to add more flavor, some of the bases were granted razor wire to physically separate and break the unit cohesion. The idea is that these are not trained soldiers with a grasp of tactics and support; Just poor cannon fodder charging the enemy that fall prey to the traps and fire lanes of the enemy. Subtle but effective when viewed. As they could easily be re-purposed as a LatD unit when needed, I kept myself away from using any Imperial characters on the stands, saving that for a possible 2nd formation sometime in the possible future.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice job here Jimmy. They look great. I especially like the motley rag-tag look you've accomplished, it really works!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nostalgia! Always wondered about GWs fascination with crossbred humans and farm animals. But you make it look nice!

Last edited by Nitpick on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next