Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Available 6mm ranges

Post subject: Available 6mm ranges
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a fair bit of Ogre and the infantry are 10mm at least. They stand taller than a lot of the vehicles and have awkward bases. I'm sure L4 has a bigger collection than me and can fill in the blanks as it were. Back to writing a batrep!

General Plumer, 191x

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I just found more info.  They are pretty much exactly 10mm once they are based.  And that assumes you use one of the ogre bases that has an indendation for the infantry to sit in.  Sticking them on other bases would certainly make them taller.

10mm at 1:285 is 2.85 metres or 9 ft, 5 inches.  So unless you can base them on really thin bases, they are going to be too big, even for space marines.  Their only use would likely be as some sort of big power armour or Ogryn substitute.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

[/CODE]Yes, next to G/W's Epic infantry OGRE Grunts are a bit larger ... Now the only OGRE models I have are 3 OGREs. But I've seen the other OGRE vehicles and they are fine next to Epic vehicles and infantry.  IMO I think many G/W & F/W AFVs are a bit small next to their Infantry, but it works !   It's all good ! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've seen some people's armies where they got everything from one manufacturer and painted it all in one go so there was no progression or change in painting style and it looks really, really good.  

But I find I favour variety.  I've got Dark Realm infantry, Reaper CAV flying vehicles for Vultures and Valkyries.  I'm contemplating getting some OGRE heavy tanks for Shadowswords or Baneblades.  I've got Command Horizon heavy tanks for Leman Russ proxies.  Brigade Models has a bunch of stuff that is really attracting my attention.

I think the key to making multiple manufacturers' stuff to work together is to develop something common in the painting style.  Like a certain heaviness of drybrushing, or use of washes.  A common colour is a must.

I think another reason I like multiple manufacturers is that I'm a bit too economical.  I love ordering stuff that fits into various countries small packet rates.  Like those OGRE sets.  $2 for shipping and no customs charges as they're under the value for them.  Reaper stuff is easy enough to get locally.  I generally don't buy GW stuff as it's too pricey.  The only thing that ever caught my eye there was Forge World Tau vehicles.  Awesome but pricey.

Anyway, just wanted to say I love this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've got mostly G/W & F/W ... but now I've added DRM & E/W ... uniformity in painting generally brings a force together.  Although I always don't follow that rule ... :vD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Was there a company offering chaos wheels and similar?

Otherwise added majic minis and MAATAC.

I've seen a post refering to MJ Miniatures line BAD COMMAND robots (some are 6mm) but can't find who might sell them now.

Another little update. Anyone have any idea who was making deathwheels?

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And I got Otters pm just as I realised who :)

Guess

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Majic UFO models seem interesting ... especially the Nazi UFOs !  I can see the IG using those ! :laugh:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A pic of some of my Infantry - first 3 are E/W ... then G/W ... 1 GZG Kra'vak ... 1 Scotia Alien (with tail) ... 2 DRM ... may help or add to the confusion !  :laugh:  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Anyone got any pics of the Force XXI stuff?

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've been sucked in by these taller infantry!  I think I might be switching to 10mm for my sci-fi stuff.  The selection is definitely smaller, but it's just ever so slightly bigger and opens up 1/144-1/160 model kits.  And the 10mm building kits you can get from Japan-- amazing!

Not a lot of 10mm sci-fi players around I think.  I'm used to supplying both sides when introducing new stuff to my gaming friends though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Boyz on Yahoo 6mm SFWG site, are talking about Adler's stuff ...  Now I've see the pics on the Adler site ... But does any one have pics of Adler next to Epic figs ?  Or any Adler pics ?   :rock:  Just interested ... FYI kind'a stuff ...  8v)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Legion 4 @ 08 Feb. 2009, 12:05 )

The Boyz on Yahoo 6mm SFWG site, are talking about Adler's stuff ...  Now I've see the pics on the Adler site ... But does any one have pics of Adler next to Epic figs ?  Or any Adler pics ?   :rock:  Just interested ... FYI kind'a stuff ...  8v)

I ordered one of each strip of the Adler sci-fi infantry from them a couple of years ago;  I can see about taking some shots of them next to some Epic grunts.  I think they actually might scale pretty well, especially given the steroid-inclined nature of the GW stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Javelin !  That would be cool ! :agree: Much appreciated ! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (javelin98 @ 08 Feb. 2009, 20:13 )

I ordered one of each strip of the Adler sci-fi infantry from them a couple of years ago;  I can see about taking some shots of them next to some Epic grunts.  I think they actually might scale pretty well, especially given the steroid-inclined nature of the GW stuff.

But do all of the Adler minis look like Dark Helmet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next