Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Available 6mm ranges

Post subject: Available 6mm ranges
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Proof Hena, proof!  ???

The major problem, as I see it is to find vehicles big enough to match GW/Epic.
A Rhino is about twice as big as a Brabham... :sus:

Personally I really want to get Brigades new russian vehicles.

092b85658e746a91d343e53509d357744e56f641

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:15 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote: (Hena @ 30 Sep. 2008, 15:44 )

Quote: (The_Real_Chris @ 28 Sep. 2008, 01:28 )

Navwar. Ok not sci fi, but still a useful place to browse if you want to spend all your money and can drop by the shop. In fact a useful prompt for other 6mm stuff to come in!

If this is there, then so should be GHQ. As if trucks and other proxies is taken I'd really go with GHQ instead of Navwar (purely as GHQs models are so much more better looking)

I agree with Hena.

I've used GHQ tank turrets to make my Chaos Predators.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

20 for $10?!!!!!!!

The irregular infantry are 25p per pack (a pack in this case being 4 infantry or 2 support).

DRM work out at 40p and Exodus at 22.6p (for what looks at a glance to be their cheapest infantry, note with a fair few more poses!) for 4 infantry men, though sell in bigger packs.

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some pics form the IronWindMetal minis I ordered for my squats (ruler is in cm)

First part:

Morrigu:

Hachiman:

Hachimans during modification to become Grudgekeepers (not finished):

Odin:

Size is OK for Epic ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Second part:

Heavy APC:

Drone Carrier:

Hiemdall:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Not sure I like the last tank, the rest are good though.

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:53 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote: (The_Real_Chris @ 30 Sep. 2008, 16:48 )

20 for $10?!!!!!!!

The irregular infantry are 25p per pack (a pack in this case being 4 infantry or 2 support).

DRM work out at 40p and Exodus at 22.6p (for what looks at a glance to be their cheapest infantry, note with a fair few more poses!) for 4 infantry men, though sell in bigger packs.

My Irregular infantry cost me $13AUS for a pack of 40 (they must've been sitting on the shelf of the local game store for years).

I agree on the Morrigu, I use them for Ordinatus Minoris (pics on my thread - pg 16). We've also made Ordinatus Majoris out of Marksman M-1 Tanks.

NetEA Rules Chair
NetEA FAQ

Want to play Iron Warriors in Epic Armageddon? Click HERE
Some of my Armies.
My Hobby site.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (The_Real_Chris @ 30 Sep. 2008, 01:48 )

20 for $10?!!!!!!!

Adler Dark Star infantry run 60 figs for $8 USD or £4, so they're also competitive with Irregular and of a much higher quality.

Yeah, the Fortress stuff is very reasonable.  20 tanks for £5 (or $10 USD) is almost impossible to find anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the excellent pics Boyz !  And the Comparison pics say it all, thanks SCReaM ! Those all look fine and in  scale, regardless of their pedigree (6mm, 10mm, etc.. If there is any doubt about RW AFV sizes look at a R-35 or FT-17 next to a Tiger II or Maus ! :oo:  As far as GHQ, I feel everything is a bit small for Epic, save for the Maus and E-100, etc.  BTW, I've mentioned this before, GHQ in Dec. (?) is releasing the Wehrmacht '47 line of AFVs that the Reich could have produced if they lasted that long.  So along with the Maus and E-100 which is in their catalogue now, there should be some other "monsters" that would work for Epic. I don't have them but I'm guessing the Maus & E-100 should be about the size of a Russ ?  And of course I'm biased, but for my $, DRM and E/W are some of the best 6mm Sci-fi Infantry (and AFVs of course) on the market. Equal to or better then G/W and GZG, which I also think make good Grunts ! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:08 pm 
Maybe some day MY stuff will be here: Otter's Ares, World of Forges!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We can only hope O-man !! :D   And on another weird note to self ... I've been looking at some of the Irregular AFVs ... God their M113 is horrible ! :oh: And their others from the pics the other are not much better.  However, I was thinking about getting some of their more "off the norm" type WWI & WWII models like the A7V, Marmon Harrington A/C, Rolls Royce A/C, etc.(the odder stuff that I like !) and even their Fantasy Ork Fokker all for my Feral Orks. As they won't look as good as GHQ's versions but they should be larger and cheaper then GHQ's. And they won't look as accurate as GHQ's ... fine for F/Orks :alien:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My experience with Irregular stuff is it all lives up to its name.  You could look at some of their 10mm stuff to use with Ferals...it tends to be a little bit nicer than the 6mm "figures".  Here's a mix of the 6 and 10mm Undead stuff they do:

The Wolf Chariot might work as a Junka Truck with some chopping...maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey that's a good idea Zap ! I'll check that out ! Thanks ! U R Da Mann !! :)  :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (The_Real_Chris @ 27 Sep. 2008, 23:28 )

Ogre. The vehicles work, the infantry doesn't.

I'm impressed by this ogre stuff.  I had heard of it before, but thought it was like 1:3000 landship type stuff, not 6mm.

Is it really the case that the infantry don't work?  Reviews I've read say they're about 8.5mm tall.  At 1:285 that works out to 8 feet or 2.4 metres.  Sounds perfect for a genetically enhanced supersoldier in power armour (Space Marines).  At 1:300 (which Epic is not, given how huge the vehicles are), it goes up to being 8 ft 5 inches or 2.55 metres.  Again, not out of line for Space Marines at all.

Also, I think any of the larger stuff (15mm.co.uk's stuff and these Ogre Infantry) would work great as Ogryn substitutes.  They'd be close combat power armour troops instead of the descendants of mutated humans (Ogryn).

What I'm really interested in though, is the vehicles.  Does anyone know of any galleries of them with things in the pictures that could give you an idea of scale? Like a 40mm epic base, or a 1 inch round base, or a ruler, or a miniature we know the size of (the epic line, GHQs stuff because we can recalculate everything based on scale if we need to figure stuff out).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next