Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 32  Next

I Have No Point: A random hobby log

Post subject: Re: I Have No Point: A random hobby log
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great job on the sentinels, bombards too. Great little dioramas

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very nice work !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You are making good use of the space on those bases. Try taking some pics in daylight. They are very yellowish, and artificial light might be a culprit. (I am definitely not an expert on such matters though).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They are absolutely superb!

Are the walkers the proper Guard ones?
I thought they might be C in C but Couldn't see them on their site. They are really nice, they have a really nice old school sci fi feel too them. If they are the GW ones I'm gonna kick myself for never having seen them before!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:33 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

They are more models from the Dark Age of Technology. Jimmy seems to be sitting on a gold mine.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
They are more models from the Dark Age of Technology. Jimmy seems to be sitting on a gold mine.

Thanks. I wish GW would just disappear already. This Makes me think of V for vendetta with the guy that has all that art and religious stuff hidden away in his house. If I blow up Parliament, do you think Jimmy will share this lot with me? ;D

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Only if it comes with Natalie Portman :D

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:19 pm 
Who wouldn't come with Natalie Portman?

Oh. I see what you mean.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Amen. :D

Good to see you back Todder - hope to read more of you round these parts soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I love your scenic bases for your vehicles they are out of this world.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Going with some tanks next. These I nabbed from a trade off the boards years ago and they've been sitting in a box ever since. They were not well cleaned and prepped and the basecoat was rather glopped on horribly. The chance of cleaning them up well enough just wasn't there so I went with a back story that hopefully hides the ugly and works with these guys. Had to figure out a way to make them not horribly stand out from the rest of the army and used cammo and mud to break up the problems.

Azov Host, 3rd Proserpina Hussars, 44th Armored Company

A recently reborn regiment after the their namesake was expended in a rear guard action in the Fall of Vespita IV, they were hastily raised and mobilized for action in the 3rd crusade, some say too hastily. In hushed voices allied units whisper that the Hussars are unlucky after a void accident cost them a quarter of the regimental strength at the start of the crusade when a formation failure of one of the units bulk carriers caused a collision and the deaths of thousands of the Emperor's soldiers, including most of the officers and the entire command staff. Investigations point to inattention to standard operating procedure for high orbit formation due to lack of training. Operational command for the duration of the crusade was handed over to the T'tenba regiments.

Attachment:
LR 1.jpg
LR 1.jpg [ 379.17 KiB | Viewed 2672 times ]

During the battle for the Capital, the 44th Armor, 17th Support, and 11th motor riffles were used as a diversion force cutting deep behind the front lines. All vehicles involved were equipped for amphibious support, and by striking through the lightly guarded southern marshes, they were able to cause disruptions in the enemy rear, drawing attention away from the main attack. Here they are pictured having just cleared the muddy banks and limited razor wire and anti-tank defenses.

Attachment:
Lance-1.jpg
Lance-1.jpg [ 272.61 KiB | Viewed 2672 times ]

With all experienced officers KIA, tank commanders from the 965th Merkava Armored Regiment were introduced to lead the Azov host armor formations. The lance shown here consists of two Leman Russ Annihilators and a standard model Russ, all in the Ryza pattern (tactical note: Merkava regiments almost without exception field Mars pattern). The presence of the repainted white turrets indicates the tanks were crewed by Merkava soldiers from the 965th. Note the company commander observing through the top hatch operating with the tank "unbuttoned". While more dangerous for the commander, the improved visibility is tactically beneficial. A technique quickly adopted by the Hussars during the war.

Tactical Note: It is interesting to not the presence of a graviton gun in place of the standard lacannon on the 2nd Annihilator, a rare weapon for such a young regiment to field.

Attachment:
Lance-2.jpg
Lance-2.jpg [ 242.78 KiB | Viewed 2672 times ]

Normally the presence of a Vanquisher in an Armored company would be the command tank but the experienced Merkava crews felt this would do the Azov host a dishonor, preferring to allowing them to field the tank themselves. Over time during the campaign, it became a common sight to see Azov forces directly commanded by T'tenba officers, applying the traditional White Battle Scar honors of blooded warriors on various panels of their tanks, the recognized honor of bravery under fire.
Tactical Note: The Vanquisher is painted with the company colors of the 44th, blue-white-blue; The inverted color pattern noting the 44th was a training company before being deployed.

Attachment:
Lance-3.jpg
Lance-3.jpg [ 211.31 KiB | Viewed 2672 times ]

The Azov forces generally leveraged Imperial approved camouflage patterns, the venerable panzer-stripe shown here, effective in both grasslands and steps. The 44th was officially declared lost in action when the enemy encircled their position while they allowed the badly mauled 17th Support and 11th Motor Rifles to retreat. Accounting for a verified 17 heavy armor kills before being overrun by the sudden appearance of Traitor Astartes of the +++Redacted by order of the Imperial Inquisition ][+++ legion, they were posthumously awarded the Star of Imperious Virtus.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

Last edited by jimmyzimms on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great tanks! Well designed and executed basing too. Works well with the brown camo streaks. Not sure about the white turrets, though. They look a bit detached from the overall design. Maybe if they would have been half white, front only?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Very nice!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They all look good !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nitpick wrote:
Not sure about the white turrets, though. They look a bit detached from the overall design. Maybe if they would have been half white, front only?

Yeah in retroepctro-vision that would have been a better approach to take on these, dammit :{[] . They at least do thematically work with the rest of the army on the table being a green-grey chassis with white turret/accent panels so at least are not as stark as they appear here. Think I should go back and apply a red 44 stencil to the right front turret panel on the lead tank though. Where were you nitpick to keep me on the right path??? ;D

I ended up with 2 tanks with broken off cannons hence the use of the old 3rd Edition Annihilator turrets (probably that and the horrible prep is why I got them super cheap) and thought I'd try something different. I figure they'll count-as regular Russ' in Steel Legion and can double for Leman Russ Exterminators in Tank Legion deployments. Well that and the fact that I didn't want to try and attempt to match the base color which was something I am not even sure what it was. Well, live an learn! :D

Otherwise, thanks for kind comments, chaps!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 32  Next