Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

NetEA Approved Army List errors/typos

Post subject: Re: NetEA Approved Army List errors/typos
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Question on formatting: On my phone (chrome on android) the unit stats appear beautifully and even wrap correctly - but the light grey background (for every other unit) disappears. This means it's hard to actually see what unit a line of stats belong to, is that something that can be fixed?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:41 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'll look into it, which version of chrome and what kind of phone?

And to be clear, it's in the force lists where the grey striping is disappearing, right? Not in the army list tables (formations, upgrades, etc.)?

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking closer, it seems the issue is that the grey is there, just so light that it's effectively invisible. The army list tables it's more visible, but I can't tell if that's because it's darker or because those fields have borders. Do you think it can be an issue of settings?

It's Chrome 39.0.2171.59, Android 4.1.2, the phone is an LG-P875(build/JZO54K)

edit: Oh, and I really have to say this: Awesome work! And aside from that minor complaint the pages are ace and work really well on my phone (which is very nice when you need to look up some stats in the middle of a game).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:11 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Can you do a hard refresh on the page? Force a re-download of everything? I changed the grey to be the same in both cases, you might still have the old styles still (where the unit's grey was much lighter).

Glad someone's getting a use out of the responsive webpages, it took a little extra markup and styling but having the same content display on a phone, PC or PDF is nice.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Works like a charm! Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Agreed - I just used an iPhone to read the FAQ. Brilliant!
<thumbs up>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Warmonger Head Guns and the Quake Cannon on the Imperator are both missing their fire arcs. I know the stats are the same as a Quake Canon for the Imperator's Main Battery but can we not use the proper name for the weapon? It could needlessly confuse older players and look like a mistake.

"Teritary Arms" on the Warmonger is mispelt, try an extra t.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Warp Missile is missing it's note saying it ignores shields.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Storm Hammer is meant to have Thick Rear Armour but this is missing.

I notice you gave the Minnervan Medusa the alternate indirect fire mode, but this is just for the Krieg platform version and you'll have to give the guns different names.

You've given the Turbolaser on the Thunderhawk Close Air Support twice as many shots as it should have. It really needs to be renamed Thunderhawk Turbolaser or something like that. You have it with 4 shots, when it's only meant to have 2 shots. It's basically half a normal Turbolaser - having a single Turbolaser barrel rather than the normal two barrels on a normal Turbolaser on a Warhound or whatever (blame 40k here - it refers to both of these as a Turbolaser rather than giving them the two weapons a different name).

With the Ark Mechanicus and the Eldar Wraithship you write "Armed with either an Orbital Bombardment or Pin-Point Attack." You normally have to choose and specify the armaments of your models when writing your army list and people could erroneously understand this to be needed by this language. In both the relevant original army lists the weapons are listed with an OR and the Eldar list has a note saying the player has to choose which it will use at the start of the battle (I assume it would be the same with the Ark).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:18 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

We've always played that the spaceship chooses it's weapon at the start of the game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:56 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

GlynG wrote:
Warmonger Head Guns and the Quake Cannon on the Imperator are both missing their fire arcs.

They didn't have them in 3.23, which was the last version approved.

Quote:
I know the stats are the same as a Quake Canon for the Imperator's Main Battery but can we not use the proper name for the weapon? It could needlessly confuse older players and look like a mistake.

This belong in an AMTL thread.

Quote:
"Teritary Arms" on the Warmonger is mispelt, try an extra t.

Fixed.

GlynG wrote:
Warp Missile is missing it's note saying it ignores shields.

Fixed.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

GlynG wrote:
The Storm Hammer is meant to have Thick Rear Armour but this is missing.

Fixed.

Quote:
I notice you gave the Minnervan Medusa the alternate indirect fire mode, but this is just for the Krieg platform version and you'll have to give the guns different names.

PMed Rug.

Quote:
You've given the Turbolaser on the Thunderhawk Close Air Support twice as many shots as it should have. It really needs to be renamed Thunderhawk Turbolaser or something like that. You have it with 4 shots, when it's only meant to have 2 shots. It's basically half a normal Turbolaser - having a single Turbolaser barrel rather than the normal two barrels on a normal Turbolaser on a Warhound or whatever (blame 40k here - it refers to both of these as a Turbolaser rather than giving them the two weapons a different name).

Turbo Laser Destructor is 4x, Turbolaser is 2x, fixed.

Quote:
With the Ark Mechanicus and the Eldar Wraithship you write "Armed with either an Orbital Bombardment or Pin-Point Attack." You normally have to choose and specify the armaments of your models when writing your army list and people could erroneously understand this to be needed by this language. In both the relevant original army lists the weapons are listed with an OR and the Eldar list has a note saying the player has to choose which it will use at the start of the battle (I assume it would be the same with the Ark).

I'll add a FAQ about 0-Xx weapons.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
They didn't have them in 3.23, which was the last version approved.

The missing arcs are a typo in the 3.23 list and were fixed in the 3.23.1 maintenance release along with the missing carapace only note for the support missile.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:24 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Again, you have to bring changes to approved lists (even the minor stuff) to the human/xenos chair.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:52 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Errata isn't the same thing as changes.... it's like having to resubmit if someone notices "the" is spelled "teh" and you fix it.

I'm sorry but if this is how you want to handle the AMTL list in the tournament pack, I really don't see the AMTL list working in the format you've got it in right now and I can't support advertising that players use the list you've put up. You've made more changes to structure and rules in putting the list in the tournament pack which has a greater potential for confusion and unintended consequences than the errata fixes we've noted and have shown considerable resistance to fixing almost all of the issues brought up.

I respectfully ask that you replace the version on the tournament pack site with the actual AMTL PDF until such time as the site list has been adequately fixed. If you have concerns with the Skitarii list as part of the PDF, I will gladly give you a special PDF containing just the AMTL list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next