Login |  Register |  FAQ

2 new porential AC:s / SubAC:s

Post subject: 2 new porential AC:s / SubAC:s
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello!

I would like to offer my services as an AC or Sub AC.
I've played The different GW systems for about 20 years. For 2 years now me and Uvenlord have been tinkering with our own 40K/Necromunda Skirmish system.
I've played Epic for 2 years very intensivly (i tend to obsess about my hobbies alot) and have organized 2 Epic tournaments here in Sweden.

I've been pretty active on the forum, especially in the AdMech section.
I'm pretty blunt and sometimes confrontational but can get things done. I called for the renewed efforts for approving lists and has since produced alot of battlereports for different armies (probably more than anyone else on this board this year.

I'm mainly interested in the Knightworld list and the new Nurgle CSM list.
I'm also very interested in everything AdMech related but find it impossible to help out with them since the current AC isn't very interested in hearing others out or playing the lists he is responsible of.

I think i can do a good work as an AC and really push "my" list forward instead of getting stuck into tiresome theoryhammer debates. I will be somewhat of a pain in the ass since diplomacy or finesse isn't my strong points.

I would also recommend my friend Uvenlord as an AC for the Iyanden list or the Iron Hands list. He has more gaming experience than me, devotes a really big amount of time to Epic and tries to help out with above lists alot.

This was written on an Iphone so sorry for misspellings.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 2 new porential AC:s / SubAC:s
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I may not have the weightful decisive word in this matter, but definietly noticed the active effort of both of you. So far as I can see, pushing and testing stuff is always good, and that shifts toward to the conclusion: having guys getting shiat things done is good.
Even if you break the lists, we can easily revert it to older versions. :P So it is only time (a lot) and energy (moar lot) are the resources that get rapidly depleted by testing and list approving. -Mainly of those participating, but as an "aspiring champion" I bet you guys are well prepared with the sacrifical runes and aware of forthcoming cataclysm accompanying such a quest. :) -

Summa summarum, I wish you good luck getting approved for approving. ;D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The response is silence? (excluding the Commissar :) )

Sorry for somewhat hijacking this thread but a lot of rules on how things are done here is not that clear to us...

So how does one become a Sub-AC? Just ask the current AC if (s)he would approve? (or just "invent" yet another chapter?)
The current list is from 2009 (viewtopic.php?f=69&t=15836) is it still valid?

Some issues with the current situation:
For example in one section the AC seems to be missing/gone fishing. Some issues from late last year/early this year still haven't had a single reply. For me that is kind of frustrating if it is a "major" issue. I invest lots of time (and money) in some stuff so it would be nice to have an AC that pops in every month at least to settle things (if there is a list in development) Just to log in to this forum doesn't do much if your not active.
I also see some people that is championing(?) lots of lists without having played them much (or at all) so they basically just "own" the list by being first here or by shouting loud enough. To be a Sub-AC of an army and not even owing a single model might be OK in the beginning but after a couple of years... It might be a good idea to have some kind of guideline here so people who actually uses the list have the power over it.
And then there is some that just do their own thing and never listen to what other people say, and if that player is an AC he has the power to never let anyone be a sub army champion...

/uven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:33 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Contact the AC first. If you don't get a response bump it up to the ERC member looking after the area you are interested in.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion