Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next

Epic Armageddon Handbook - Alpha

Post subject: Epic Armageddon Handbook - Alpha
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(nealhunt @ Jul. 24 2007,02:14)
Wow.  Awesome.

I definitely want to talk about this off-line once I get caught up from vacation.

Doesn't sound like there's much hope for the ERC then. :(

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:01 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

(Evil and Chaos @ Jul. 24 2007,01:32)
Doesn't sound like there's much hope for the ERC then. :(

You mean you hadn't noticed that already?  :;):

By the way I'm glad you like it Neal  :)  Like I said - if you want the 'God Jervis' overseer position you got it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I still can't download it.. QuickSharing sucks. can we get it somewhere more accessible?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd be interested in seeing the final product ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:36 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

(mageboltrat @ Jul. 24 2007,02:26)
I still can't download it.. QuickSharing sucks. can we get it somewhere more accessible?

PM me with e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Next version with Chaos and FAQ should have better hosting (eg probably here).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This will be a brilliant aid for our Epic group. Since we have a number of Tyranid & Tau players I would be happy to see these lists in the finished version. I think it would help attract new players if they were able to see the army lists / rules for all the main 40K races in the one place.
Any idea when the next version (incl Chaos & FAQ) will be ready?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:29 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

(woodelf_dave @ Jul. 24 2007,08:12)
This will be a brilliant aid for our Epic group. Since we have a number of Tyranid & Tau players I would be happy to see these lists in the finished version. I think it would help attract new players if they were able to see the army lists / rules for all the main 40K races in the one place.
Any idea when the next version (incl Chaos & FAQ) will be ready?

Thanks for the feedback Dave. I'm glad to hear another group will get some use from it.

As for the next version - try now  :;):

Chaos and FAQ are now included. That means I'm just waiting on Tau and Tyranids, plus hit allocation and fearless rules, and anything else that's missing or incorrect.

In the Chaos lists, Chaos faction specific units now always appear in this order: Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Tzeentch, rather than different orders in different sections of the lists. Just for consistency because it was bugging me.

Apart from that, there are some minor page formatting changes, and one minor rule change seeing as Neal appears to support it:
Section 6.3 Marine List - Landspeeder Tornado's are a free upgrade rather than 10 point upgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Attack Bikes for -10pts! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Markconz.
This will be a real boon to the two new players (in particular) our group has managed to get interested in Epic.
Incidentally, would it be possible to cover all the main 40K races in the handbook. Not a 40K player myself really, but I think that would mean including Necrons and Dark Eldar as well. One of the new players plays Necrons in 40K and really fancies trying it in 6mm scale too.
You will never be able to cover all the fan / experimental lists out there but including all the core 40K races would help I think in bringing in more potential Epic players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Very impressive :)
But some questions arise:

You added Assault marines to the units be transportable in DropPods. But in order to use DropPods you have to exchange Rhinos for them. But the Assault Detachment doesn't include Rhinos.

And i vote for Terminators to be transportable in DropPods. In Wh40k they can do so and i think that Planetfall and Deathwind attack are equal to Teleport.

Why the Chaos Gods in this order? Traditional order is Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh (from most powerful to least powerful)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:31 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

@ Dave - possibly could include those, but objections are likely from some of the powers that be I think... we will see. I agree with you that including all core 40k races would be the way to go if possible.

@ Blacklegion -  Good catch and while we are at it should Assault marines be able to drop-pod in tournament games? Same for terminators seeing as you raised it? Might require a poll. I'll take it out of the working draft for now.

RE Chaos - Traditional order of Chaos gods is the order I have it - same as it was in the classic Realms of Chaos in the 80's (see e-bay with a small fortune) :). Really I don't care just so long as it is consistent...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am really glad to see this being done, I have definitely found that newer players have been struggling to find everything and work out how the army lists and unit organizations are organized.  This will be a really good resource.

Unfortunatley I am busy touring around overseas so I can't be much help at the moment.

Epic- A version of the game with even smaller models that is often dominated by titans which are vehicles the size of a large building and have the ability to pwn...everything. There is also infantry, whose only function in Epic is to provide valuable traction to Titans walking across snowy paths.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:30 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

@ Hena Cheers, fixed in working draft. Keep them coming :)

Re: vindi proposals though. Like I said I know there are different ideas for this and that this is one of the more contentious issues, so I just chose one of the proposals that clearly gave some bang to demolishers.  MW4+ added to the existing ignore cover gives 3 unattractive units a  purpose in life again in one fell swoop. Importantly it also fits their background fluff (they smash bunkers and vehicles to pieces - they don't just 'ignore cover' like a flamethrower) and their 40k power (as deadly to armour as meltas and at longer range). If it is not thought acceptable in the long run fine but I'll leave it for now.   Walker - um maybe but seems a bit gimicky and new and would prefer to leave it out unless it is really universally loved. Will see what others have to say.  Would prefer to continue any demolisher discussions in a new thread (or one of the old ones...), as I'm sure they could be quite lengthy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

as deadly to armour as meltas

Remember that Meltas are AP1, which means they never do glancing hits, while demolishers can... anyway this is indeed for a different debate (Personally I think giving demolishers MW status is justified and would give a reason to take these units).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next