Login |  Register |  FAQ

What other games do you collect, or hobbies you have?

Post subject: Re: What other games do you collect, or hobbies you have?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

mordoten wrote:
Other than that most of my time spent training BJJ and coaching grappling and MMA.

That used to be my hobby 10 years or so ago.
I'm a semi-pro, semi-amateur guitar player these days. Not enough to pay the rent, but I take it seriously, far more seriously than wargaming at least. I like video games too, which I've played almost nonstop (not literally nonstop) since '82 when my dad who was a computer boffin brought a Texas Instrument computer home to work and it had Space Invaders. Currently I'm trying to become good at Street Fighter, a game that *gets asbestos suit on* has more tactical complexity than most wargames.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@ Kyrt

Your not wrong. Its the Forth bridge, I will get to one end of it, stand back paint brush in hand and go "Back to the start I guess"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Berkut666 wrote:
Also currently renovating a 9 bedroom house in the wilds of Scotland. We bought it as a shell 2 years ago, it hadn't been lived in for nearly 3 years. So its been a slog. Not going to lie, some days I want to burn the place down.....

lol thats funny. Just out of curiosity, when you say the wilds of Scotland... where about would that be?

Sometimes when I have a moment to myself at work, I go on google maps, find a part of the world thats kind of remote, and check the area out on street view if its available. So I'll 'drive' thru small towns in New Zealand, or western Australia, and sure enough, bounced around Scotland a bit. Part of my family is from there, but I have never been. One of the things that surprised me was how much open space there is. I just thought, considering how old Scotland is, it would be more built up in the remote areas.

I am just use to living in the US where I don't have to drive far to be within 16 Walmarts, 25 McDonalds, and 72 Starbucks. So I am always curious how other people live, especially in areas where it looks like you have to go pretty far to get 'supplies'.

Anyway, what I saw on google, Scotland looks pretty enchanting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Scotland has a small population most of which is clustered in what we call the central belt (between Glasgow and Edinburgh) so once you get further up the population thins. I stay in a village called Aberchirder.

Where in Scotland is the family from?