Login |  Register |  FAQ

New Forge World Newsletter

Post subject: New Forge World Newsletter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Seeing as Chris hasn't posted this yet, I thought I'd put it up:

Welcome to the latest Forge World newsletter. In this issue we have several new model releases, news on more shows Forge world will be attending and details on a massive new Imperial Armour book.

New 'Imperial Armour' book coming soon...

We first started talking about working on another Imperial Armour book late last summer I think. Since then Warwick Kinrade and Tony Cottrell have been working on little else. This will be the first in a series of books from Forge World showcasing the armoured forces of the Warhammer 40,000 universe in a level of detail never seen before.
IMPERIAL ARMOUR, VOLUME ONE - IMPERIAL GUARD & IMPERIAL NAVY
This book provides detailed information on the war engines and weapons of the 41st millennium. From Leman Russ battle tanks, Chimera armoured personnel carriers and Basilisk self-propelled artillery, to Tarantula sentry guns, Thunderbolt fighters, aircraft and super-heavy tanks like the Baneblade and Shadowsword, this book will cover them all in superb detail.
It will contain information in exacting detail on 32 vehicles, weapons and aircraft. There will be background, interior details, technical specifications, colour schemes and rules for using all these vehicles in games of Warhammer 40,000.
Heavily illustrated with over 50 colour pictures, over 60 pages of full colour vehicle profiles, additional technical drawings, hundreds of black and white photographs, organisation charts, combat formations, battle reports and tactics, to add depth and character to games of Warhammer 40,000.
In addition to all this, there will be a new army list for Imperial Guard Armoured Battle Groups, background and rules for variable ammunition types and rules for four of the Imperial Guards most famous tank aces.
Four appendices will contain all the rules you will need to use super-heavy vehicles and aircraft in your games, as well a detailing such matters as Imperial camouflage schemes, unit numbering and a general description of how vehicles are designed and built in the 41st millennium.
This book will provide the definitive overview of the armoured fighting vehicles of the Imperial Guard and the aircraft of the Imperial Navy.
IMPERIAL ARMOUR, VOLUME ONE will be a huge 288 page large format hardback publication and will be available later this Summer.
With the imminent release of this mighty new book, we shall be removing the first ?€˜Imperial Armour?€™ book from our online store as of Thursday 17th April.

For a look at a sample of some of the new pictures click here.

More Daemonhunter conversion kits.

Forge World is being very good to the new Daemonhunters army with the release of two more conversion kits. I think that when an Inquisitor is out inquisiting he will want everyone to know about it. The mere sight of an Inquisition vehicle is one to strike terror into the hearts of heretics. To that end we have a conversion kit for the Imperial Chimera with new detailed rear ramp and iconography. Also shown here is a kit for the excellent Imperial Valkyrie, containing new detailed doors and Inquisition icons.
Last newsletter I confirmed that Forge World would be making a Grey Knights Dreadnought. This week I found out that work has already started and that this will be a conversion kit for the plastic Space Marine Dreadnought. More news on this as and when I get it.

Daemonhunter pictures here.

Giant Spined Chaos Beast!

The dark hordes of Chaos receive a powerful new weapon in this newsletter. Enter the Giant Spined Chaos Beast. It has been sculpted by Daniel Cockersell who made both the Kroot Great Knarlocs and the Ork Lesser Squiggoth recently. This fell creature is a nightmare blend of evil looking spikes and massive slabs of muscle.
We are looking to make rules for the Giant Spined Chaos Beast for Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 in the near future.

Click here for pictures of the Beast.

New Death Guard Dreadnought and weapons.

Simon Egan has finished sculpting the detail on the Death Guard Dreadnought and I think he enjoyed himself working on it too. Take a look at this and see what I mean. The Death Guard Dreadnought will accept any of the other Forge World Chaos Dreadnought arms we make but of course looks absolutely amazing with the new Death Guard arms as shown. Simon is currently working on both the Alpha Legion and Grey Knights Dreadnoughts which we?€™ll have more news on soon.

Take a look at this!

Events and Shows.

April is a tremendously busy time for Forge World and we are out and about almost every weekend this month. We will be at Conflict Edinburgh on Saturday April 19th, Salute! 2003 in London on Saturday April 26th and of course at Games Day France in Paris on Sunday April 27th.
If you are coming along to any of these events and want us to bring along a reservation for you to pick up on the day, give us a call on our mail order lines or send us an email titled ?€˜SHOW ORDER?€™ telling us your name and which Forge World products you want to order. All reservations will be held until 2pm.
You can also pick up one of the new Forge World 2003 Catalogues while you were there. These are being sent out free in all mail orders too.

Links to more info for all these shows.

And finally...

All the models shown above are available to pre-order now,but we should have limited quantities of them available at Games Day France and Salute!

Click here for pre-orders and new releases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
?Forge World
Games Workshop Ltd
Willow Road
NOTTINGHAM, ?NG7 2WS
? Phone: +44 115 916 8177
Fax: +44 115 916 8044
Web site: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk

Right.. sorry I can't re-edit in all the links, but just go to the FW site and click on "new stuff" to see all the new things like the Death Guard dread (oh how I want one :D )...

However, I don't think you can reach the new IA book from there, so here is the link, damn it looks good, like the guides to WW2 or modern-day tanks you get, full of illustrations of camo schemes, photos, etc... I know I'll be wanting one, just from these pics, and there will be cutaways and more too!! ?:laugh:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That new Imperial Armour book does indeed look impressive.
I am guessing that this book will be bloody expensive!
We will only have to wait another 18 months for the Orks and Eldar books to be released though :L

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am guessing that this book will be bloody expensive!

Hehe, damn right -I would think a nice (for them) ?25? :L

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (stormseer @ 13 2003 April,21:39)
Giant Spined Chaos Beast!

The dark hordes of Chaos receive a powerful new weapon in this newsletter. Enter the Giant Spined Chaos Beast. ... This fell creature is a nightmare blend of evil looking spikes and massive slabs of muscle. We are looking to make rules for the Giant Spined Chaos Beast for Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 in the near future.

have any Chaos players out there thinking of using this "little" beasty for their Epic Chaos Armies??

You can fiind pictures here.

I would have thought it would make for a very nice living Titan or just mean nasty critter.

At 45 GBP and from the pics, I have a feeling it's not too big either.

On a similar note, could the 40K scale Kroot beasties be used in Epic as well?

Almost Always Right...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Giant Chaos Spined Beast reminds of the monster from the movie "Le Pact de Loupe." I'm not sure if I have the French spelling correct, but the movie was pretty good.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Max, I can read this post fine and most of your's and other's also. ?Just on a rare occassion, like yesterday, I could read everyone else's posts but your's and Neal's ? ??? ? Weird, gremlins or "ghosts in the machine" ???? ?! ?:ghostface:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey everyone,

To stormseer, I didn't post this becouse I didn't get it!!!!

Also, I am dissapointed again with Forgeworld, as they have no Epic or PFG in their newletter again!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they are saving it for EoT??

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To stormseer, I didn't post this becouse I didn't get it!!!!

Hmm, odd.. ??? ...I havn't been getting the Fanatic Newsletters tho... :angry:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I havent been getting either. I think GW/FW/Fanatic have declared me useless & struck me off the lists  :{  :p

http://hobbybrush.blogspot.com - My Hobby Blog
TuffSkull's notepad- My Old Blog on Wargames Wiki.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:11 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Me too. I get the occassional Fanatic newsletter, but I have had the first Epic newsletter in the mail and then no more. It a conspiracy, I tell you!  :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (stormseer @ 14 2003 April,17:37)
Hehe, damn right -I would think a nice (for them) ?25? :L

At least :D  I am gonna guess ?30. Thats only 'cause they have been hyping it up for about a year now (and itss hardback).

As for the newsletters, I get the FW one but I have never yet recieved a Fanatic one, no matter hoe many e-mail addresses I sign up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I haven't been recieving updates for quite a while, but it seems to be a common complaint of many who have tried to sign up and not get any response. Then again since the playtesting is winding down perhaps they need no more testers?

Doesn't explain why no newsletters though.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules