Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Jimmy Zimms Traveling Pile Of Stuff

Post subject: Re: Jimmy Zimms Big Free Pile Of Stuff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well I'd like to purchase from JZ, the 6 Adler Hulls in pic. 3 and the one Shadowsword hull in pic. 1 ... I'd also like to buy the TMG Novans & Skinners ... but atension if really wants the Shadowsword and TMG Novan Commanders ... let me know you can have them ... I'd rather deal direct with JZ, as postage will be high as soon as we go out of the US. It won't even be cheap from JZ to me in the states ... So JZ said, I should check with you all , if it is O.K. I'd like to deal direct with him ? Please let me know ... :sos Thanks ! 8)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

How about we do as discussed earlier? In the order of replies in this thread we pass the box around, take the bits we want, replace them with other stuff and pass it to the next person? Seems the fairest way to me.... lets not make this into something else? I thought it might be a fun little community project rather than the usual trade/cash/bidding war..... I certainly have a bunch of items I plan on adding to the collection

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If L4 wants some of the stuff I mentioned I don't mind. But I'll be honest and say if the heavy weapons come past my way I'll probably nab em.

If we do have it come over here and then head off to the US again, the good news is that I have quite reasonable shipping to USA at the moment. It's cheaper than the UK shipping to US certainly, so perhaps it could hit a couple of spots in the UK, and just before it goes back over the pond again it could pass by me to save the UK people some money on shipping.

There is of course the possiblility of making this into two different parcels around the world, but I'm not sure if that is as fun, and it brings up the question of our non EU or USA friends.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
How about we do as discussed earlier? In the order of replies in this thread we pass the box around, take the bits we want, replace them with other stuff and pass it to the next person? Seems the fairest way to me.... lets not make this into something else? I thought it might be a fun little community project rather than the usual trade/cash/bidding war..... I certainly have a bunch of items I plan on adding to the collection

This, this and this.
There's a few things in there that I would've loved to jump on, but they've been pretty quickly claimed already and my attitude to that is "oh well, stuff happens".

If I could make one suggestion though - stick a little notepad in it and every time it passes through a pair of hands list your county(state) and country. No full addresses necessary, but I think it would be rather fun to look at the list after who knows how many postings and see just how far the box has gone.

Also, put my name down for it eventually. Once I've got everything sorted out so I can see what I'm able to put in the box, at least.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:

O.K. ... that sounds reasonable ... nothing I really need that bad ... 8) For the cost of postage, I could just buy most of the stuff direct from most companies ... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So to clarify or set some order of who is next or "Where's Waldo ?" ;D ... JZ to the UK to Kyuss then Ginger to bertnernie in Eastern Europe, then Kyrt iback n the UK, then back across the pond to atension in Canada. (And if the 6 Darkstar AFV hulls are still left) ... to me in the US ? Did I miss anyone ? And our Line Of Commo will be this thread ? :-\ 8) Or Doomkitten are you in the UK ? it should go to you if you are in the Europe before it comes back to North America ... yes ? :eh 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds good.
Don't normally post my exact location, but for the purposes of this I'm sure it's ok for me to say Czech Republic.

Is it ok to include stuff that has paint removed, as long as it's been done well? I can post pics if people like. I'm also going to assume this is 6mm stuff only, and that the more varied the pieces you include the better? I.e. it would be better for me to include say... 5 zombies, 5 robots and 5 pirates, instead of just 15 zombies?

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Please don't direct it my way until I've made it back home to the US. Usually I'm on the east coast, while currently I'm still gallivanting around England.

One question though - how do people feel about incomplete models, bits and so forth?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool, let us know when you get back to the US ... But with the route it may take some time ... If that is the case you'll get "Waldo" from me ... 8) And I don't have any problem with only part of a model, bitz, etc. ... So the Route of Waldo : JZ > Kyuss > Ginger > bertnernie > Kyrt > atension > L4 > Doom Kit ... Did I miss anyone ? :-\

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hopefully someone will find a nice home for the Capitol Imperialis bits, then. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Who ever is after you ! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So long as they go to somewhere good and don't end up on ebay!

I had sort of assumed that it would be an unspoken rule, but I'm speaking it anyway. No ebaying of all the fun toys from the gift box!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:16 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'd also suggest sticking a list of contents in there, then everyone puts a 'taken (X) and added (X)' on the end, let's also keep track of where Waldo is.... maybe with one of those google map app thingies? (can you tell I'm a tech expert?)

There may also be generous types who don't need anything but want to add something to the box?

I've already set a bunch of bits to one side.... excited!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Shouldn't the "lastest" sender at least say on this thread what is in the box once he takes what he wants and what he added ? :eh <Edited> ;D

Last edited by Legion 4 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I believe that's what Kyuss is saying. ;)

err I should better state that there is no last sender, just the latest.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Last edited by jimmyzimms on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next