Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Bad Trader Alerts: Master Thread.

Post subject: Bad Trader Alerts: Master Thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

"Post Denmark" ewer Danish national post service i just got my parcel from CAL001 and i has been in dk for a week but just collected dust in the international post delivery central before they delivered to me

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

About four to five months ago (maybe longer) I bought around 4500pts of metal Space Marine stuff off of ChaosOrc.

When I received the merchandise 90% of it was obviously recast. Parts looked as if they were "melted" and things like banners, bikes, and dreads had holes in them where the mold wasn't properly poured.

I contacted ChaosOrc and he refunded me the entire cost of my order + shipping. He also told me to keep the models as he would just destroy them.

He claims that he purchased the merchandise off of E-Bay and didn't properly inspect the models. I have no reason to doubt this, but thought that people should be cautioned.

On a personal note this experience has taught me to only buy models from GW or trade/buy models from here. If a big time second hand dealer like ChaosOrc could distribute counterfeit models I definitely wouldn't take my chances anywhere else (oh except Craftworld Games who are great!  :) ).

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god." -Velvet Acid Christ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Here is my bad trade story that was finally resolved today...
Bear in mind I screwed things up to begin with.  I was trading with Lilith from this forum; Paypal payment for 120 Necron warriors.  I had several transactions going on at the same time and shipped his stuff off to the wrong guy (they had the same order).  Over a month goes by and Lilith says nothing, however.  Then he PMs me and I realize my error.

Then he asks for free stuff to make the trade go better.

Then he asks for faster shipping.

I threw in some extra Necrons for the trouble, but I didn't feel so bad for him - the models I ended up sending him were better.  Less of them on bases, most of them never even primed.  I apologized and shipped out the package on October 3rd and PM'd him to tell them they were on the way.  On October 7th he files a claim with Paypal.

Now I have never had a claim done up against me but if you don't have enough money in your Paypal account, they freeze it.  This sucked.  I asked Lilith how long things take to get from the U.S. to Italy, and he responded that it took around three weeks.  So why would you file a claim four days after I shipped them?

His response was that he had no recourse after X number of days on Paypal, but I still felt totally screwed.  Six weeks went by where he said nothing - no PMs, no emails, nothing.  Then AFTER I shipped the models he filed the claim!  I found the timing quite suspect.

While I take ownership of the fact that I screwed up initially, I felt this was pretty underhanded.  I have had dozens of trades out here and well over two hundred unofficial transactions when you include the Raiders books.  This was my first truly bad experience trading out on Tactical Command.

Now here is an interesting thing about Paypal - if you cannot provide tracking for a package then Paypal will most likely find in favor of the buyer.  So for international packages, shippers are pretty much at the mercy of the buyer.  I had a receipt and a Customs number, but apparently this is not enough proof for Paypal. When you or the buyer escalate a claim dispute and ask Paypal to solve the matter for you, this is their default judgment after 10 days.  <--- GOOD TO KNOW THIS.

Ultimately, Lilith closed the dispute and stated today (16 days after the shipment was sent) that he received the goods.  While all is said and done, however, the experience has left a bad taste in my mouth.   :disagree:

It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I've got my Milkbone underwear on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: 

if you cannot provide tracking for a package then Paypal will most likely find in favor of the buyer.

This would be why I always insist on sending everything signed-for and registered.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I regret that as Moderator I had to delete a post here the text of which went against the regulations and general ethos of Tactical Command.
The author of this post is free and more than welcome to rewrite the post, but please stick to forum practice.
I would also recommend settling the issue by email/PM.

Post subject: Re: Bad Trader Alerts: Master Thread.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I fortunately have only had what I would call a wierd trading experiance. I had worked out several trades for nids recently, everyone was happy and responceive to emails and pm's . Only one person never sent me my stuff, with was 1 plastic warlord titan, " that was at a friends house". Now I know that it can take a while for things to come from canada to texas but I still havent recieved a pm that it was sent, and granted the boards were down, but I would like to know where my titan is. ...LoW?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Moscovian wrote:
Now here is an interesting thing about Paypal - if you cannot provide tracking for a package then Paypal will most likely find in favor of the buyer.  So for international packages, shippers are pretty much at the mercy of the buyer.  I had a receipt and a Customs number, but apparently this is not enough proof for Paypal. When you or the buyer escalate a claim dispute and ask Paypal to solve the matter for you, this is their default judgment after 10 days.  GOOD TO KNOW THIS.

I had this happen to me, sending something I sold on eBay to a guy in Malaysia or somewhere. Thankfully Auspost covered it (which I told I was going to do to the buyer) but Paypal awarded the chargeback anyway, even with proof of postage. Left a sour taste in my mouth for sure.

BTW, I see a lot of eBay auctions with "won't post to Italy, it's post office blows goats" at the end. There's a reason for that, I'm sure :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well it has been over 2 months and lord of the worms still wont return my email or pms. So apparently I am out one warlord titan. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 pm 
Ruiza97, I am making a third attempt to contact you. Don't make me send the Laotian mafia to Garland!

Edit - the matter has been resolved honorably. Ruiza97, I salute you!

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Situation Resolved.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

for the record. Jimbo has still yet to recieve his warlord from Lord of Worms.. we talk about every other night or so.. He's rather miffed about it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 pm 
Armorcast shipped me the wrong stuff; the package insert was addressed to Joshua Dillon (that's not me). Armorcast said they would look into it, but they haven't responded since then. They have been ignoring my emails.

Edit - and ignoring my phone calls.
Edit - issued refund after escalating through PayPal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:54 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I was unsure whether to put this on this thread but after mentioning it on several other threads with the trader apparently oblivious and after being urged to post on here by several people.

Ulric - transaction was very smooth, payment fast, very patient when I didn't put one component in the package - absolutely 1st class. However my issue is that I sold the items at a 'taccoms price' ie a fair price but far less than I could get on ebay as I would prefer to keep OOP+FW items in the active epic community. On receiving them Ulric immediately put them on ebay - and even advertised the auctions on taccoms. I don't mind selling at a lower pice on here as its easier than ebay and keeps the models in the active community and away from resellers but it annoys me when somebody takes advantage of that to make money as a reseller themselves.

So if selliing to Ulric the transaction will be A+ but make sure you charge ebay prices.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
I was unsure whether to put this on this thread but after mentioning it on several other threads with the trader apparently oblivious and after being urged to post on here by several people.

Ulric - transaction was very smooth, payment fast, very patient when I didn't put one component in the package - absolutely 1st class. However my issue is that I sold the items at a 'taccoms price' ie a fair price but far less than I could get on ebay as I would prefer to keep OOP+FW items in the active epic community. On receiving them Ulric immediately put them on ebay - and even advertised the auctions on taccoms. I don't mind selling at a lower pice on here as its easier than ebay and keeps the models in the active community and away from resellers but it annoys me when somebody takes advantage of that to make money as a reseller themselves.

So if selliing to Ulric the transaction will be A+ but make sure you charge ebay prices.

Hi Steve ,
yes you are right I reselled the boardside battlesuits on e-bay.
Our trade was:
2x FW Grey Knight Land Raider
3x packages of FW Tau Boardside battlesuites
85x catachan jungle fighters
and I paid 65 pounds
If I remember right 125% of the FW prices + 10 Pounds for the jungle fighters or something similar

BUT I told you, as I offered you the trade, that I will resell the Boardsides on e-bay and invest the result in Forumware TAV ect.
Furthermore I recommended you to sell the boardsides on you own on e-bay due to high results.
Sorry if you missunderstood this or maybe it was bad communication from my side

If I buy bigger lots it will happen more often that some of the stuff will show up on e-bay
or will be retraded.

I would have kept the boardsides on my own normally but u know metal better quality and so on ;)

I still have your landraiders now complete ;D
and your catachan jungle fighters and I am really looking forward to paint them.

so sorry again for(maybe) bad communication.

cheers

Ule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It was another Tau FW command package
which I boost up with some of my own Tau minis and sold it on e-bay too.

I agree the whole deal sounds a bit selfish
but I though you were confident with it after I told you that I will resell a part of the trade on e-bay.

cheers

Ule

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next