Login |  Register |  FAQ

Slaughter

Post subject: Slaughter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:43 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Quote (signius @ 20 2003 Mar.,13:52)
Basic and advanced rules would be nice. Although you probably can't post them for fear of being sued by GW's scum-suck...I mean lawers.

A complete list of ships stock and common mods with pictures. I can't stres this enough. I have gone to many sites and see ship stats without any pics... Also, it would be nice to be able to post new conversions with stats and pics...

Color schemes, campaigns, history, weapons/technology lists, ship names list.. you know the usual.

How about full 3D turnarounds of every ship with clickable hull sections that breakdown the stats of what is clicked? ?:p

A fully interactive glaxy map with all known planetary and non-planetary systems. ?Complete with graphic informational mouseovers with sound. :p ?:p

OK, I guess that I asked for that! Dealing with one thing at a time:

Rules - I would like to add rules, but I have avoided this as it is the fastest way to be on the wrong end of GW's property policy. Besides, I see it as counter productive. I have had the opportunity to add stuff to the site which was from the Gothic Mags, in some cases before it was published. But, if people get it here, they wont buy the mags and interest in the game will suffer. So, no rules which are Fanatic/GW. Own rules are fine. However, a brief description of how the game works, for those thinking about it, would be a good idea.

Ships with pics, background, etc - Well, this is exactly what the Spotters Guide was set up to do. When it has a little more content, it should provide pictures of the ships, backgrounds, colour schemes, etc. While it does not have the actual stats, I have tried to give a feel for what the ships actually do and the general weapons that they carry. Can anything be added to the Spotters Guide to make it more useful? (PS - send me some stuff for it, all of you!  :D )

3D ship pictures - yes, well, moving on...

Galaxy map - There is actually one over at Dark Millenium (link in the links section of www.epic40k.co.uk). Check it out, it should help.

Does this address your points, or what else is needed. Seriously, I am always interested in hearing what people actually WANT from a site.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, you have basically said 'NO' on all points.  :p  Once I start getting a fleet together and get my rulebeeoks and such. I may have stuff to send in. I have a serious itch to build or draw some ships. I just have no idea what they look like aside from the one sided pics I have seen. I will keep you posted.  :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:10 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Hmmm, it did come out a little negative. Sorry for that. Try again...

Rules - while I still cant put rules up on the web, I will get around to putting together an article on what Gothic is like and how it plays. This could include how the turn is structured and so on, without giving the detail that means that you dont need the rule book!

Ships background, etc - still on the way with the De'Aynes Spotters Guide. Honest. This will have pictures of the vessels. I could put up something stating each ship, and what the model looks like, except I dont know how useful it would be, and some people build their vessels differently. If you are looking for the stats, have a look at the Gothic Ship Registry. If you want to see what the ship looks like, it will be in the Spotters Guide. If there is anything else that you need, let me know.

3D ship pictures - if someone wants to sort this out, then I would be extremely pleased to host it.

As for the map, again if someone wants to do this then I will add it, but it does already exist.

That doesnt really change from my last post. But it should sound more positive!  :;):