Login |  Register |  FAQ

Pathfinder mini's i've painted for my group as gifts.

Post subject: Pathfinder mini's i've painted for my group as gifts.
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am the game master for a pathfinder group that plays thursday nights, i have recently gotten the bug to paint some 28mm. It has been a long time since i've painted anything that scale... say 15 years. I was also pretty horrible at painting then, i could fill the spots in but highlighting is an art that evaded me. The highlights on these mini's are actually my first attempts at doing them i think i did decent I just don't own a lot of different paint colors. I'll give a rundown and description of what each character is when i post the pic.

This first character is a half orc inquisitor, her goddess is Iomedae. Iomedae is the goddess of righteous valor, justice, and honor. And fits well with the inquisitors play style. This is the first mini i painted i am not happy with the way the skin came out, also you'll notice it's human not half orc. There isn't a half orc mini so i painted it human.... althought i should have added tusks and gone for it with greenstuff.

The next character i painted is actually two models for the one character. This character is an alchemist with a sub class of vivisectionist. Vivisectionist dissect carcasses to find out how they work, and alchemists create potions to make them better in combat. Basically what you have is a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. hide, this player likes to drink an enlarge potion with his mutagin making him hit harder and grow to be huge. Hence why i have one model for when he's not a monster and one for when he is one.

The next character is a paladin of Iomedae. I really wanted to do a white cloak with silver armor, but that is above my skill. I think the model came out way better this way with the black cloak and white armor though.

The final character i worked on was a cleric of Shelyn. Shelyn started life as a relatively minor deity of beauty, art, and music, but with the destruction of her mother (former goddess of love), she gained the very important portfolio of love and became a somewhat more-powerful deity. Shelyn continues to focus on beauty (and the related areas of art and music), and has expanded upon her mother’s relatively narrow view of love to include all forms of the emotion. I wanted to express all this in this character with vibrant colors and lots of them, i am very happy with how everything turned out and i believe this quit possibly my best model painted to date.

And here's the group shot of the heroes!

These look way better in person i hate how camera's and bad lightning make them look like shit. Also it looks like i have an issue using focus on the camera.

C&C welcome.
Blind-

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Pathfinder mini's i've painted for my group as gifts.
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Pretty nice stuff

Profile Send private message