Login |  Register |  FAQ

Fredmans' Fantastic Dabblings

Post subject: Fredmans' Fantastic Dabblings
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So, me and a friend want to play out a bit of Tolkien-inspired warfare and I finally managed to convert him to smaller scales. We opted for 10mm and are busy trying out the Warmaster Ancients ruleset, while we start collecting armies to use in the Quenta Silmarillion settings. I have decided to start with some Angband Warbands and a Nargothrond force.

I managed to get my hands on some Pendraken(?) Orcs, but they were bigger than the Five Armies Orcs I had come over, so I put them to use as commanders.

Warmaster Ancients has rules for three levels of command, supreme commander, commander and sub-commander, so I built all three. The obvious warlord in the centre is an Orc Warlord, flanked by his Chieftains who try to do as he says (drum and standard). The lone Orcs are Captains, really just bigger Orcs who cannot be bothered with keeping with ranks and files.

I wanted to stray away from the black and red Sauron's forces' look and try out different browns and reds before I try regiments. I also wanted to try a new style of banners. Orcs are created in mockery of men and elves, and what could be more taunting than a banner proclaiming the three silmarils' rightful owner. If it looks too pretty for being made by orcs, it was probably sewn by captured elf maidens while the men worked the mines.

/Fredmans

Last edited by fredmans on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fredman's Fantastic Dabblings
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh ! Very Nice !

Profile Send private message