Login |  Register |  FAQ

GearKrieg on closeout sale!?!

Post subject: GearKrieg on closeout sale!?!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It seems that DP9 is offloading all their Gearkrieg stuff.  All the books in one big purchase for $138.41 .  http://www.dp9.com/Products/GKTAC.htm

Now, hopefully this means that they're working on a cleanup and translation to the Blitz ruleset, instead of just getting rid of the line entirely.  

So far, it appears that only the books are on sale, which would tend to support the conversion to Blitz.

Anyone interested in pulp WW2 or Weird War 2 should take a look at this rule system (if only for the conversion potential to another, more preferred, rules mechanics).  I say this because the Silhouette system is very different as far as mechanics goes.  It takes a couple games before you get your mind wrapped around the mechanics, but once you do, it's awesome.  Good combined arms integration, outstanding scalability (both in-game and in vehicle design).

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Those who do not mind ebooks can go here:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/catalog/i ... ath=73_132

I think I'll have a go at the Blitz rules and see how the game has evolved. The 1st edition Gear Krieg had a pretty incomprehensible command system. The background was, however, why I bought al the books and I have not regretted it. Even though their take on the Winter war irks me.  :angry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wow, Gear Krieg even in this boards!

Hope you are true, because it's a very interesting setting, and i would not like to see the whole line disappear. Actually i'm working in a Gear Krieg setting army for FOW, and i would like to be able to buy some more models in the future!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, excellent, another victim, errr, I mean playtester for the FlameKrieg conversion (GK units to Flames of War stats, because Gears of War, my preferred name, is already taken by an Xbox 360 game)!

Like I said, I'm going to pick up the entire set of books as my Christmas present to myself, and grab some of the walkers and other minis on general principles, although the fact that they are in scale with the Flames of War that half the guys at the shop are playing helps a lot.  I didn't get into HG2 or Gearkrieg because of the mini scale, but now that I'm moving away from 28mm except for skirmishes (and the odd game of 40k), I'm much more interested in 15mm as a playing scale.  15mm Fantasy, WW2 (historical and Weird), maybe some scifi (although it's hard to beat 6mm for seriously large games).

I figure the more people I can get to buy it, the less likely GK is to get dropped.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hahahaha! If you want me to test that kind of rules, i'll be delighted  :laugh:  It could be very strange, with the first gears battling against republican soldiers in Spain (a shame GK does not give much info about gears in SCW, aside that the fact that they were first used there)