Login |  Register |  FAQ

Dogs & Devils

Post subject: Dogs & Devils
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Played the scenario "Cauldron" using the Dogs & Devils book; 1.5K points of 3rd Infantry Division vs Herman Goering Division grenadiers. US were the defenders.

Utter defeat for the Germans; the veteran medal of Honor boys of the 3ID out classed them but the armor and air support played key roles in the victory. US lost NO platoons while Germans were completely decimated.

I forgot some pics but US lead off with air and artillery strikes but only caught the advancing German recce for casualties. I also spring an immediate ambush of Shermans to bushwhack a platoon of MG-42's that ended up deploying behind my artillery! That was my fault for not reading the deployment scenario rules better, I had the rules backwards LOL. After shooting and assaulting the MG's the Shermans head for cover from the German AT guns:

German recce roll into town and lay down fire on my infantry (vets dug in and gone to ground - good luck with that!):

Finishing off the remnants of the AT guns:
I actually did not kill them off with the Shermans, an infantry platoon arrived from delayed reserves and swarmed over them.

Recce in the crossfire from bazookas and Shermans:

Unpainted Italian Semoventes arrive but find the US infantry to be hard targets:

3ID infantry move up to cover after killing off the AT guns in an assault:

Shermans fail to assault infantry in the building and exchange shots with unpainted Panzer III's:

The last 3ID infantry platoon arrive from reserves and rush forward to reinforce the objectives:

Step 1: Shoot Germans
Step 2: Assault Germans...
Hey, where did the Germans go?

A good game but it was solidly in the hands of the US. Germans failed due to lack of painted armor. ;D

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Dogs & Devils
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very Nice !!! Go 3ID !!! :D

Post subject: Re: Dogs & Devils
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was wanting to use the Medal of Honor rule in the assault but I pinned the Germans down in the building prior to my assault. So in their defensive fire, they failed to pin down my assault. But it all worked out.