Login |  Register |  FAQ

No WMA players?

Post subject: No WMA players?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (Freshmetal @ 30 Jan. 2006 (02:30))
Hi,

I've ordered both Warmaster Ancients and Legends of the Old West this week. Hopefully they'll capture my imagination more than most GW games are at the moment.

They will - I have both, and they're good buys. And Lehends is NEcromunda scaled, which means that a gang or a posse are reasonably prized.  :cool:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just found a usefull site for 10mm historical figure users. The guy seems to have taken photos of most of the figures produced by major 10mm manufacturers and the links seems pretty good.

http://www.10mmworld.com/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Guys,

I love the 10mm scale for sci-fi... did a "Star Wars: Hoth" set-up last year and I hope to do some "Babylon-5: GROPOS" this year.

And speaking of WMA, my club is interested although we mostly play HOTT and DBA.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

My copy of WMA turned up today (it was freezing cold for some reason... :D) and it all looks good. Very nicely printed, with lots of gaming photos (something E:A was missing badly). I'll be giving it a good read through over the next couple of days to see if there's a lot more to learn on top of my Warmaster knowledge.

I've also ordered some Greeks from Pendraken with one of their army pack deals and some bases from Kallistra so I should have an army underway soon.

Cheers,
Freshmetal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Today I awoke to find another selection of goodies had arrived! A padded envelope STUFFED with 10mm Greeks from Pendraken, another with 100 40x20mm bases from Kallistra (far cheaper than WM bases from GW), and some LotOW minis from Artizan. I was expecting the LotOW book too, but I got a nice note saying that they were still awaiting a back order of stock, so they'll send it on to me next week, AND they threw in a free mini, which is always nice. :D

The Pendraken Greeks are all nicely cast, although some of their bases are going to need to be sanded flat before basing.

The LotOW minis (6 Banditos, the 3 Earps Brothers and crazy old man in a dressing gown ??? (that was the free one! :D), are all well cast and are very characterful.

All in all, a pleasing delivery. :D

Cheers,
Freshmetal

Oh, and I've only half way through the WMA book so far, so I'll reserve judgement on it until I finish, but it all looks good up to now. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Start painting, Freshmetal! Igot a few freebies from foundry when i ordered my Westernites too - nice :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry for the late reply.  Things have gotten hectic for me but I hope to have pictures of some of my minis up somewhere soon.  I even picked up a 10mm Late Roman pack from Pendraken and some of Magister Militum's new 10mm Late Romans as well.  I suppose it was an impulse buy as I have 10 armies in 6mm.  :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:35 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (GeneralNg @ 06 Mar. 2006 (23:44))
Sorry for the late reply. ?Things have gotten hectic for me but I hope to have pictures of some of my minis up somewhere soon. ?I even picked up a 10mm Late Roman pack from Pendraken and some of Magister Militum's new 10mm Late Romans as well. ?I suppose it was an impulse buy as I have 10 armies in 6mm. ?:)

Pics?  :cool:  :D  :D
How are Magister's models? they LOOK good, and I'm sorely tempted by the Parthians....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Magister Militum's models are rather nice though I think they might be a little 'chunky' compared to other's.  Pendraken's seem a bit thin (I purchased some of their 10mm Late Roman packs with the  older infantry figures).  I do like the MM figures more but both will serve my purposes well enough.

If you compare the Pendraken Late Romans and the MM Late Romans you will see a size difference but it's not one that I find to be a problem.

I have some MM Early Imperial Romans and their Macedonians as well.  All fairly good figures.