Login |  Register |  FAQ

Review: Horizon Wars- Osprey Games

Post subject: Review: Horizon Wars- Osprey Games
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Horizon Wars is another title by Osprey Games. Like Frostgrave, this one has a stand-alone hardcover rulebook and is not part of the Osprey Wargames Series. Unlike Frostgraveit has not generated any “official” new content, but I know the author Robey Jenkins (PrecintOmega) has put unofficial content on his Facebook page. Mr. Jenkins is relatively active online and is more than happy to talk about Horizon Wars with you.

I remember being on the Warseer Forums when Robey started building and selling the “Mech” portion of this game. At the time, I was also working on a Mech game with JUGS, so I followed his work closely. This was part of his “5 Pound” (as in the currency) wargaming efforts. After finishing the mech game, he made an air frame and conventional forces game. They could all work separately or together and were sold independently at the time. Horizon Wars seems to be all of these works combined together into one source with some additional scenario and background content added.

That’s a long enough stroll down memory lane. I am sure if I mis-remembered any of the above Mr. Jenkins will be along soon to sort me out. Let’s dive into the review.

http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ ... games.html

I will have a battle report up in the next few days, so stay tuned.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Review: Horizon Wars- Osprey Games
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

From what I read on other sites ... generally it is very well accepted ...

Post subject: Re: Review: Horizon Wars- Osprey Games
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a battle Report/AAR up now:

As Operation: Plantagenet roiled Europe, the French had not bit sitting idly by and watching the British build-up. They had been preparing for an indirect response to British aggression. They had not anticipated the ferocity and direct action that Operation: Plantagenet unleashed. Instead, the French had been stoking anti-British resentment across the commonwealth to try and spread the British forces into a worldwide war instead of a regional European conflict.

As the British opened their offensive, the French launched their own plan. For the past several years they had been arming and supporting Quebecois separatists in Canada. At the outbreak of war between Britain and France, the Quebecois rose up and overthrew the local government and declared independence.

Naturally, the Canadian government was not amused. Immediately, the 1st Canada armored brigade was activated and moved to attack Quebec from Ontario. Their offensive was spearheaded by the Lord Strathcona’s Horse, an armored forced with a long military history. They were met near the border by the 4th Regiment of Quebec Liberte, a newly revealed force raised by the Quebecois separatists. The initial engagement of the war took place on the outskirts of the town of Lachute at the Ontario/Quebec border.

http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ ... le-of.html