Laserstorm Rules

Post subject: Re: Laserstorm Rules
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Howdy

It's a while since I've been on tacnet - so I've only just seen your messages

Glad you like the calculator

Sorry that it isn't finiished - my personal life has interfered with my gaming since early November and is still getting in the way

I do realise that it is annoying and if I have the time I will look into it

Please feel free to take the code - it's javascript - and hack it yourself

regards

Alan

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Will you teach me how to use javascript? ;)

Computers and me have agreed that we don't fit together, I'll leave the job to you. While I was stalking you on your blog, I saw you are posting again. I thought it might be a good time to ask about the calculator again. Take your time, it's your project. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello, fellow Laserstormers!

I just uploaded an excel tool for quick unit creation to the Nordic Weasel Games yahoo group. It's nearly complete and seems to work well for the moment. Nothing fancy, but it will save you time till we can finally use Shedman's Calculator over at the Two Marshals Blog.

You can add up to four different weapons to behemoth units, but primary/secondary options are not available yet. If you want to see the hidden part calculations of each trait or value, simply colour the black cells white.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Had my first game of LASERSTORM today and my chaotic forces delivered a crushing defeat to my opponent’s Imperial Fists! We used my miniatures and modified the rules slightly by giving our battle groups break points (just like in good old NETepic). It worked very well and we had a fantastic match trying to take and hold three major objectives on the table. Breaking or destroying an enemy battle group was also worth victory points and we decided that six of them would be enough to win. The space marines started luckily with the destruction of my Subjugator Titan and by taking two objectives in turn one. After that it was all in favor for the chaos gods! Since the marines didn’t make good use of cover they were taken out one by one. The slaaneshi Hell Knights were by far my best units but my Predators worked well too. I found LASERSTORM to be quick and easy, allowing to learn the rules while playing and manage lots of units at once. I will definetly continue using them with some little tweaks.

The house rules for morale I have in mind are:

Break Points for each of the three battle groups

After breaking every non-super-heavy unit in the battlegroup must pass a morale test or flees 10" back to the starting zone

The command unit may let a SINGLE unit allow to use it's superior morale value (10" radius)

A unit in panic must test on morale again in it's activation phase (If it fails again, it flees another 10", if it leaves the table or is being charged in CC it is destroyed. If it succeeds, it may move normally but cannot shoot)

Super heavies and behemoths test on morale too (If they fail they loose their activations, but they will never flee)

The only thing I am not sure about is when to test again for morale after the break. Should I let a battlegroup make a morale check after every additional loss after the break? Or do I create a new and of course much smaller break point?

What do you think, fellow gamers?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Great game pictures!

The house rules sound good to me. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello does anyone have a link to the community for LaserStorm, I'm interested in finding army lists that people have made.