Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 44  Next

THE RETURN OF THE PRIMARCHLOAD!!!!

Post subject: Re: THE RETURN OF THE PRIMARCHLOAD!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That collection is INSANE! :o Money and space clearly isn't an issue for you.

primarch wrote:
Hi!

Trivia 32, what's this. Its AN ACTUAL GW MINI, sold as you see here. Brownie points if you know where you got it....

Very creative conversion! Good use of the Epic40k era Eldar Phantom Titan (the one that looked appalling and really un-Eldar like). Metal Mk 3 Warlord feet and groin and leg plates for shoulder pads. Warmonger Titan head. The Talon of Horus from Abbadon attached to what looks like a 40k ork gun. I can't place the gun arm though!

primarch wrote:
Vaaish wrote:
huh. I somehow expected some kind of underground vault lined with glass cases full of minis. :)

Hi!

Only in my dreams.... ;)

My fondest wish is to do exactly that. Line the game room with curios and glass cabinets and leave them in permanent display.

Oh, the joys of dreaming! ;D

Primarch

I can recommend Ikea 'Billy' bookcases for model cabinets, you can have glass doors and shelves, with a great deal of flexibility as to where the shelves go and they can be close together. They're fairly reasonably priced and are better for storing/displaying epic size models than conventional display cabinets designed for larger models. See here for an old photo of mine.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
That collection is INSANE! :o Money and space clearly isn't an issue for you.

primarch wrote:
Hi!

Trivia 32, what's this. Its AN ACTUAL GW MINI, sold as you see here. Brownie points if you know where you got it....

Very creative conversion! Good use of the Epic40k era Eldar Phantom Titan (the one that looked appalling and really un-Eldar like). Metal Mk 3 Warlord feet and groin and leg plates for shoulder pads. Warmonger Titan head. The Talon of Horus from Abbadon attached to what looks like a 40k ork gun. I can't place the gun arm though!

primarch wrote:
Vaaish wrote:
huh. I somehow expected some kind of underground vault lined with glass cases full of minis. :)

Hi!

Only in my dreams.... ;)

My fondest wish is to do exactly that. Line the game room with curios and glass cabinets and leave them in permanent display.

Oh, the joys of dreaming! ;D

Primarch

I can recommend Ikea 'Billy' bookcases for model cabinets, you can have glass doors and shelves, with a great deal of flexibility as to where the shelves go and they can be close together. They're fairly reasonably priced and are better for storing/displaying epic size models than conventional display cabinets designed for larger models. See here for an old photo of mine.

Hi!

Wow GlynG, this is pretty cool and would be very doable for me. I showed to the misses and she was impressed on how functional it looked.

Thanks man, this is worth pursuing. :)

Primarch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Correct! But these are the old large 1/144 scale they used to make before they shrunk their scale. These are as wide as an Imperator, although not as tall. I got a host of them when the scale was changed quite cheap.

I was wondering if it might be. The current Mammoth's a lot more angular.

My only objection to them as Slann Titans would be that the Slann have always seemed like the "nuke them from orbit" type. ;)

Night Lords 0.1
My Trade Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Simulated Knave wrote:
Quote:
Correct! But these are the old large 1/144 scale they used to make before they shrunk their scale. These are as wide as an Imperator, although not as tall. I got a host of them when the scale was changed quite cheap.

I was wondering if it might be. The current Mammoth's a lot more angular.

My only objection to them as Slann Titans would be that the Slann have always seemed like the "nuke them from orbit" type. ;)

Hi!

True. The slann list was made more than 10 years ago and the alternatives were limited. The boom of 6mm figs and people making them has made me revisit overhauling the list.

As more cool stuff comes out, I'll be certain to take advantage of it and revamp the lists. :)

Primarch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah, the claw is abaddons, the bit behind it with the clip is from a gorkamorka gun sprue, the arm is i believe the arm from one of the gorkamorka grabber claws or one of those trukk attachments

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You know, there are easier ways to speculate on the price of metals ! :D

I'm glad that necron thing was a bit of a kit bash. For a moment i thought it might have been the official attempt to sculpt a 3rd Ed warlock !

btw - Does anyone know who was responsible for the 3rd ed epic line (and what Jez Goodwin did to him when he caught up with them ! ;) )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I also recognized the old style Heavy Gear Mammoth. Those things weigh a TON! I lost the arms on mine, so converted it a bit for 15mm :)

A few more pics of the conversion on my blog (sorry to hijack...its just the one piece I can identify with in this stunning thread!):

http://kealios.blogspot.com/2011/10/adv ... sions.html
http://kealios.blogspot.com/2011/10/mam ... er-to.html
http://kealios.blogspot.com/2011/10/mam ... s-new.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

WTF!!! :o :o :o

PS: So, you wanna get rid of some? I mean, why would anyone ever need so many 'insert unit you are trying to get for forever'! Hehe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

PHASE TWO: INVENTORY

This will be by far the longest process. Some of these things have not been put of the table (much less all at once) in years. As I mentioned before, I will only show painted stuff (no matter how brightly colored and terrible it may be), since pictures of boxes with bare metal aren't very appealing.

For those whom like number and lists, once the process is done I will post full lists of quantities and number of figs and such , as well what is the army cap I have decided to limit it to. In addition to a percentage of painted versus non-painted.

Without further ado more pictures!

CHAOS

I was silly enough to think I could get it all in on a segment of table....

I'll have to clear some more table to get it all on....

Primarch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Back in the day, there wasn't a lot of sources for ideas on how to paint. Since I wanted to just get them done to play I basically tried to mimic the color schemes from the original second edition space marine rulebooks and supplements. If you'll remember GW studio painted there stuff in LOUD BRIGHT COLOR... and so do I.

It had the added benefit of being able to tell what chaos faction things belonged to, even at a distance.

With apologies to L4, here they are....

Primarch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

No these are "different" from the rest. That's because I didn't paint these. I picked them up at some point in the remote past. You can also tell I would not have mounted these, since if you look carefully some of the stands have standard space marine models and not the ones from the original chaos sprue. PRIMARCH WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A HERETICAL THING! ;)

Those done by me are more brightly colored (sorry L4) and contain only actual chaos SM models on the stand. AS IT SHOULD BE! ;)

Primarch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Not primarch... ;)

By primarch...

Primarch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Now a "proper" chaos army has all those lovely beast creatures like minotaurs, trolls and beastmen. While their fur is usually some sort of brown, I tried to identify them using some color of their patron on a shield or weapon.

Primarch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Minotaurs...

Trolls...

Primarch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

One of the reasons I never expanded the chaos marine parts of the army is becuase back then there weren't cool rhinos and land raiders with spikes or other standard chaos equipment and vehicles that looked the part. I did a few, but quickly stopped. Since other than a paint job they don't look very "chaotic". A main part of the unpainted stock I own is basically chaos space marine infantry and vehicles to replace the old stuff.

Chaos Dwarves...

Close ups...

Primarch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 44  Next