Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

THE RETURN OF THE PRIMARCHLOAD!!!!

Post subject: Re: THE RETURN OF THE PRIMARCHLOAD!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:38 am 
Genehost

at the end it´s all about the Money you are willing to spend. i wouldn t Need so many minis to be happy with it, but i don t mean that offensive. it´s up to you and i m shure you enjoy your Collection very much. for me, displaying them right is the most important Thing, after i painted them by myself. no Chance i would ever like to paint that much, like you own. but it is very satisfying for me, when i finished a unite or a tank and see the army´s growing and placing it on my displaytable. so that´s a very important part of that Hobby for me.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking forward to this! I wonder how you will present that huge amount of stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Bogenverleih wrote:
at the end it´s all about the Money you are willing to spend. i wouldn t Need so many minis to be happy with it, but i don t mean that offensive. it´s up to you and i m shure you enjoy your Collection very much. for me, displaying them right is the most important Thing, after i painted them by myself. no Chance i would ever like to paint that much, like you own. but it is very satisfying for me, when i finished a unite or a tank and see the army´s growing and placing it on my displaytable. so that´s a very important part of that Hobby for me.

Hi!

I agree, displaying them in the most appealing way if indeed important.

You do get a very satisfied thrill seeing it all laid out. Every time I receive some of the painted commission back, I just let it lie there and ogle over it for ours. Deeply satisfying. :)

How to actually display all this in anywhere resembling a definitive fashion is however is another, wholly different project. ;) ;D

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nitpick wrote:
Looking forward to this! I wonder how you will present that huge amount of stuff.

Hi!

I have given it al lot of thought. Just posting pictures is not enough, I think.

I have seen some ideas from fellow posters on these forums. I will seek to emulate some of their ideas.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:37 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Get yourself a blogger site like that in my sig Primarch, very easy to organise everything, divide into logical sections etc. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Markconz wrote:
Get yourself a blogger site like that in my sig Primarch, very easy to organise everything, divide into logical sections etc. :)

Hi!

I had not considered that, but thanks for suggesting it!

Several of those involved in painting are do this to document the process.

Maybe I should too. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Given the monumental scale of the project, I would have thought you would use an equally monumental approach to their display.

Captain William Siborne's models of the battle of Waterloo springs to mind, though I suspect your collection is rather larger than the combined total of figures he used. Once you have sorted out a group of people to build and paint the terrain, perhaps you could rent a local football stadium and charge the public entry?

PS I want the concession for hiring binoculars
:D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ginger wrote:
Given the monumental scale of the project, I would have thought you would use an equally monumental approach to their display.

Captain William Siborne's models of the battle of Waterloo springs to mind, though I suspect your collection is rather larger than the combined total of figures he used. Once you have sorted out a group of people to build and paint the terrain, perhaps you could rent a local football stadium and charge the public entry?

Know primarch, he buy the football stadium. You know he never does anything on the small scale... ;D ;D ;D

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PFE200 wrote:
Ginger wrote:

Know primarch, he buy the football stadium. You know he never does anything on the small scale... ;D ;D ;D

Hi!

Bwhahaha! LOL!

Maybe a small stadium. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
Hi!

Bwhahaha! LOL!

Maybe a small stadium. ;)

Primarch

Dude, you should do it...Sell the house you are in and by the stadium. That way you can live in the stadium, charge admiration for checking the collection out. :D

So all you really needs is a football/baseball team, that would make the stadium home base..Then charge them rent for use of the facilities..You would think, that you would not need to work and you can watch football/baseball game when they are played stadium and then you also have the space invite friends over to play a game of epic, that has your entire collection in it... Umm best of both worlds.. ;) .......................................................

Oh it solve the display issue for you too... :D

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

well this is awesome!

https://gumroad.com/wakesemporium
My Shapeways Shop
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/wakes-emporium

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

What an amazing collection - great for us to look at with all the classic models.

I don't mean to offend but can I ask what the purpose is ? There is clearly a point at which you have what you need to play with (can you imagine what the games will look like ?!) but is there a longer term plan ? It sounds as though there is simply so much stuff that you could never use a tiny fraction of it iin a single game.

Some people do like to collect figures as an end in its own right (I certainly have armies that have sadly never been used). I just wondered what your thoughts were ? In an ideal world, you could use this amazing collection to open up "Primarch's World" and promote the hobby !

Having said all this, I am looking forwards to seeing the rest painted !

Best wishes,

Phil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

glorfindel wrote:
What an amazing collection - great for us to look at with all the classic models.

I don't mean to offend but can I ask what the purpose is ? There is clearly a point at which you have what you need to play with (can you imagine what the games will look like ?!) but is there a longer term plan ? It sounds as though there is simply so much stuff that you could never use a tiny fraction of it iin a single game.

Some people do like to collect figures as an end in its own right (I certainly have armies that have sadly never been used). I just wondered what your thoughts were ? In an ideal world, you could use this amazing collection to open up "Primarch's World" and promote the hobby !

Having said all this, I am looking forwards to seeing the rest painted !

Best wishes,

Phil

Hi!

A question many (including my wife) have asked. ;)

Things like this never start out with such an intent. I did not start playing the game and said "I will make the biggest collection ever!"

In my case, I used to run a hobby store. I had access to buy epic stuff and deeply discounted prices. For every one you could buy at retail I could get two (or more).

It started by merely wanting to have each army with all the figures. It was easy to do.

As the game progressed you could make "themed" armies. One with knights, or a lot of tanks or different marine chapters. So I expanded accordingly.

The real "change" came when SM2 came to an end and the commercial failure of epic40k. There was a glut of epic figures GW wanted to dump and they did so at unbelievable prices (3 leman russes for 2 dollars, a great gargant for 5 dollars, etc) for a few hundred dollars you got so much.

Then came the internet boom. I was no longer limited to local factors. People were unloading epic at even better deals (A retail lot of unopened blisters of epic valued at 1200 dollars for 400 dollars!, etc).

It was a span of maybe 3 years. But that transformed the collection from "big" to "unrealistically" big.

That is when people started to "notice". At that point it is when it entered into my own mind that the goal was to make something of such proportions as not to be even called a "collection" anymore.I call it a "life project".

Its not about playing the game anymore. I have played enough games already to last a lifetime and all the existing rules I find boring and stale (I thus make my own, which is hard to get others to buy into). So the hobby is now a personal one.

What I am doing now is at a scale that obliterates what you see here. I am literally replacing it all with custom versions. Many made just for me. The old stuff will still be there, but its the custom stuff that takes center stage.

The goal is to have themed armies of just about everything you can image in the 40k universe. Including themed armies of forces never made for epic and in one case (squats) an original design for them. They will be at least 30 themed armies, probably more (much more).

The "joy" of it is the whole process. The army list design on this scale, the sending and receiving of massive amounts of metal (a 72lb box of metal is the current record holder), laying it all out, sorting it, organizing them, seeing the updates as they get painted. Sharing ideas on how to base and paint them.

The enjoyment is in all of these things. They all build up to when one entire army is all painted and done to set them up and take pictures to share. It sounds like massive amounts of work (it is!), but it is the journey I am enjoying.

I have no doubt this will take many, many years. I am in no rush. its a life project, something to savor an enjoy.

Someday it will end, I'll probably be sad when it does. But the memories of all it took to do it will last the rest of my life.

I guess the short answer to the question is I do it, because "I can". A simplistic and irrational reason for sure.

But its fun and I enjoy it immensely, I guess that is all the excuse I need. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

these home rules, mind if I ask about them? Are they geared towards a specific feature or theme? realism, fun, access?

https://gumroad.com/wakesemporium
My Shapeways Shop
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/wakes-emporium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:26 pm 
Genehost

Nice to read your Motivation. Enjoy the journey!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next