Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

THE RETURN OF THE PRIMARCHLOAD!!!!

Post subject: Re: THE RETURN OF THE PRIMARCHLOAD!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Wakelessrex wrote:
these home rules, mind if I ask about them? Are they geared towards a specific feature or theme? realism, fun, access?

Hi!

I have yet to set them to paper since I still am making up my mind as to what I want, LOL! ;D

There are several things I am shooting for:

1. I'm older and I like simple. Not "simplistic" but something with low maintenance and lookup up stuff. I'm fond of comparative die mechanics (no modifiers). The active player rolls a die the defending player rolls a die and you compare the two for the effect. This comes from my love of the Dirtside 2 mechanics, where using polyhedral dice yield some simple but elegant mechanics.

2. While I will not call it "realism" (how realistic a game set in the 40th millennia really be?), but I do require that rules address certain things that are generally glossed over by GW games (command control and a proper morale system).

3. Freeform army building. While I like the ease of the old army card building system, it is restrictive. The size of my collection permits very unconventional army types. Mind you, this doesn't mean I don't want an army organizational structure unique to each army theme, but I do want the ability to define those parameters easily.

4. Rules suited to "epic" sized games. I can play "very" large games. With the exception of SM2, most GW epic rulesets look like skirmish games to me. I like BIG. So any rules must suit sizable games. Easier said than done.

I borrow (steal) liberally from a lot of game systems. My favorite two being DS 2 and original epic (SM1/AT).

I'm still mashing together different mechanics. Some don't fit well and need a substitute/replacement. Lots of experimenting to do.

Also, being very "rules fickle", I am not sold on anything I have now and still look to heavy modifications of the original AT/SM1 system as a possible alternative.

I think the best way to describe the current "rules war" is whether to dump the d6 (or use systems of multiple d6's) or go full polyhedral (the midway point being using a single d10 system for mathematical ease).

I think you can gather its quite a mess. :P

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Awesome, have only just caught these last few entries on this thread, mind blowing Primarch :o , look forward to the new comissions coming back ;)

Your collection is true dedication to the hobby ;)

Regards Epic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

epic wrote:
Awesome, have only just caught these last few entries on this thread, mind blowing Primarch :o , look forward to the new comissions coming back ;)

Your collection is true dedication to the hobby ;)

Regards Epic

Hi!

Thank you sir!

I hope to start rolling out the new stuff this year. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool, very much looking forward to it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just catching up on this.

simply speechless. outstanding!

I'm also very glad you elucidated why you have so much, while my collection is pathetically small in comparison, its great to hear that playing isn't as important as collecting for you. I hadn't thought of viewing my minis that way before and I'm now much happier knowing that I may not play with all the armies I have!

So thanks and thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

grumbeast wrote:
Just catching up on this.

simply speechless. outstanding!

I'm also very glad you elucidated why you have so much, while my collection is pathetically small in comparison, its great to hear that playing isn't as important as collecting for you. I hadn't thought of viewing my minis that way before and I'm now much happier knowing that I may not play with all the armies I have!

So thanks and thanks!

Hi!

I think gamers transition from one phase to another as they age and life's expectations change.

Its not to say I may transition to playing again, if the circumstances allowed it, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't may I can enjoy the hobby as much. It just means that other people have less of an impact on it than it used too. :)

While I am constantly receiving update pictures on my new "projects", I won't post them until a themed commission is done.

I hope the first one is done this year. :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As always, Primarch, your collection is a wonder to behold!

I do have a keen interest in your ruleset ideas, too, so at least a few of us are watching and waiting!

It might be kind of interesting to have a thread for discussing some of those trade-offs you're thinking about: for example, the D6 versus higher polyhedral question, and what mechanics to use if the practical cubes are chosen. I do my own bit of (mainly conceptual :P) rules dabbling, and my conclusion thus far seems to be that you can only put so many mechanics into one system, so maybe the solution is to make more than one system and try to make certain combinations of mechanics work well?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thinking Stone wrote:
As always, Primarch, your collection is a wonder to behold!

I do have a keen interest in your ruleset ideas, too, so at least a few of us are watching and waiting!

It might be kind of interesting to have a thread for discussing some of those trade-offs you're thinking about: for example, the D6 versus higher polyhedral question, and what mechanics to use if the practical cubes are chosen. I do my own bit of (mainly conceptual :P) rules dabbling, and my conclusion thus far seems to be that you can only put so many mechanics into one system, so maybe the solution is to make more than one system and try to make certain combinations of mechanics work well?

Hi!

That's an interesting thought!

Maybe a separate thread to talk about rule set ideas is in order. ;D

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:

Hi!

Primarch

Look at that! A mysterious 'The Interesting Rules Ideas Thread' has appeared! When did that happen? :O

:P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thinking Stone wrote:
primarch wrote:

Hi!

Primarch

Look at that! A mysterious 'The Interesting Rules Ideas Thread' has appeared! When did that happen? :O

:P

Hi!

LOL!

I'll try to get on it soon and post my thoughts.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44