Login |  Register |  FAQ

Art and News For Adeptus Titanics

Post subject: Art and News For Adeptus Titanics
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Via Bell of Lost Souls

GW showed off quite a bit of Adeptus Titanicus and it’s rules this weekend. Take a look.

GW had this to say:

“While the game was clearly inspired by previous editions of Titanicus, as well as Epic, it’s very much it’s own new thing. We tried to make it so that it has lots of detail, but still plays quickly. The overall gist is that it puts you in the command throne of an individual Titan, so you are directing the action as shields and limbs take damage and crew succumb to the rigors of battle.”

Let’s count the machines in the production artwork on display:
Warlord Titan

Reaver Titan

Reaver & Knights

Custom Dice (move over FFG!), and a sample Warlord titan data card with hit locations, status and critical damage tracks, and weapon hardpoints. I like, I like it A LOT!

Command Panel

Next take a look at this rundown of the upper left quadrant of the command panel by Col. Hertford over on his site.

“Starting in the top left, we have the order space. The orders on the right go here, but more on orders later.

Command – This is the number the titan has to roll to above to get receive orders.

Ballistic Skill – This is the value you have to roll on a D6 to hit without modifiers.

Speed – This has two values, the first is the normal speed. The second is when you decide to push extra reactor power to the legs.

Weapon Skill – This is the value you have to roll on a D6 to hit in close combat without modifiers.

Manoeuvre – The number of turns a titan can make. This has two values, the first is the normal numbers of turns. The second is when you decide to push extra reactor power to the legs to get additional turns.

Servitor Clades – This is the amount of dice you roll in the repair phase.”

Other Card Sections:

Power & Shields Box

Upper row of boxes is power produced by the reactor. This can be used for things like movement, weapons, repairs, etc. There are risks with operating on the far right orange and red areas.

Structure Console

Head body and legs physical structures are displayed here on the three tracks. Section damage is tracked on the left, with critical effects on the right. This cannot be repaired during the game.

Weapons Cards

Here you place the individual weapon cards that are mounted on the titan. weapon costs, arcs of fire, ranges and other stats are listed.

Titanicus Seminar

B&C’s M_R_Parker says this:

“A really cool seminar going over the background of the Titanicus games (and the background of the Horus Heresy setting as well), looking at some of the older models and some of the promo shots and White Dwarf articles for the older iterations of the game (fun fact: back in the day the only way to get smoke effects into their shots was to use cigar smoke. Good to see Health & Safety wasn’t always so overpowering…). We got a little insight into the new game, some of the background for it, what they’re potentially including, and some insight into the modelling process for the new kits. Apparently someones been working on making the 40k scale Warlord into a AT scale and it’s taken them around 2 to 3 months to complete. It’s scaled so well that they’ve taken shots of the resultant models and without any reference for scale there’s no way to determine which model is which. Apparently they’re trying to do the same for the Reaver, but with it not being an existing CAD they’re having to do things manually, which is a longer process.

The game itself seems like a lot of fun, and seems to scale incredibly well. Apparently it can go from a single Warlord on each side all the way to around 10 or so Titans on each side and the only real impact is the time required to play it. Plus it’s not following the traditional Fantasy / 40k system of ‘My turn, then Your turn’ but each phase is a one action followed by the other players action, and so on until the turn is finished. This keeps the game flowing without you having nothing to do for about 10 minutes whilst your opponent has his turn. I think this will be a really good system to get into when it comes out – which is still not finalised. Because it’s going out in GW stores it has to fight it’s way into the main GW schedule, and apparently there’s already a lot lined up for the next two years which is making Titanicus problematic to schedule.”

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god." -Velvet Acid Christ

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Art and News For Adeptus Titanics
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice artwork as usual ...

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

You can never fault GW on its presentation of products, very high quality.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great beginning.. and yet I fear this as the scale changes.... I love Epic, but I would have loved GW not to disenfranchise existing players...

But hey; whom am I kidding ... I will probably get two or three boxes ;) .......... it is an addiction after all! :-P

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm hoping the terrain (FW) that I own will be compatible. The titans themselves at 8mm will be the proper scale as the previous versions were quite small. In essence you could use the new titans in your games of Armageddon if you wish whilst also playing Adeptus Titanicus on the side. It's a win-win for us old timers.

Personally I can't wait.

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god." -Velvet Acid Christ

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Something to remember is the original Titans were 1/500. While the rest of Epic started out at 1/300, along with a little scale creep as time went on. If you look at the original SMs, Orks & Eldar. That came out with SM1. Compared to some of the later cuts. So for those that want to get the new Titans, it should not be a problem. I have all the Titans & Epic I want/need since I started back in '90 with AT/CT & SM1.

As far as terrain, generally based on my experience. Terrain from 1/285, 1/300/6mm, 1/144/10mm and even some 15mm works for Epic ...

E.g. here's some 15mm I easily "converted" it to 6mm ...

Attachments:
KEEP 2.jpg
KEEP 2.jpg [ 42.96 KiB | Viewed 7057 times ]
KEEP 1.jpg
KEEP 1.jpg [ 37.23 KiB | Viewed 7057 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very nicely done Legion. Sometimes I think I like terrain more than the models themselves lol!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, I expect the wealth of terrain for 10mm games like Dropzone Commander will work just fine with the new Titanicus.

...and working on some terrain gives me something to do while waiting for the game to be released :)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Malakai ! I do like to make terrain ! Here's another 15mm -6mm I did !

Attachments:
NEC EL .jpg
NEC EL .jpg [ 46.15 KiB | Viewed 6921 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion 4 wrote:
Something to remember is the original Titans were 1/500. While the rest of Epic started out at 1/300, along with a little scale creep as time went on. If you look at the original SMs, Orks & Eldar. That came out with SM1. Compared to some of the later cuts. So for those that want to get the new Titans, it should not be a problem. I have all the Titans & Epic I want/need since I started back in '90 with AT/CT & SM1.

As far as terrain, generally based on my experience. Terrain from 1/285, 1/300/6mm, 1/144/10mm and even some 15mm works for Epic ...

E.g. here's some 15mm I easily "converted" it to 6mm ...

If 6mm is 1/285, then 8mm will be roughly 1/214. That means it's about the same as Z-scale (Z gauge?) from the model railway industry, which is 1/220. I don't think there are any military models near that scale except for some ships.

But yeah, when it comes to terrain you can easily use larger or smaller scales.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, and that gives us a lot of options.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm pretty excited about building a big set of terrain to get ready for this.

I have never played epic or any <28mm wargaming. Seeing as how they mentioned it is to be in a pretty non-standard scale of 8mm. What scale should I build the terrain to?

Should I go for a more "standard" scale? Like 6mm or 10mm? Or are 8mm marines going to look weird next to 6mm or 10mm buildings? Same with Titans and tanks etc. Or should I just try and build specifically for 8mm?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Do we definitely know the scale is 8mm, or are Space Marines are 8mm? If the SM's are 8mm, does that make the game 6mm?

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

We know nothing for certain.

My suspicion is the scale will be 7.5mm (a 1:4 ratio reduction from 40k).

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, if it's 7.5mm scale, 6mm terrain would be ok. If it's 8mm scale, one could probably get away with 6mm or 10mm terrain, though neither would be perfect. If it's 6mm scale, then you really don't want 10mm terrain. Basically I would start with the hills and rivers. ;)

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me