Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah comparing the two, the GW model is vastly higher quality than the Nuclear Shrimp version and not that much more expensive. I'll keep one Lucius for variety but I consider the GW one better value for what it is.

A UK retailer called Wargames Armoury have announced on their facebook page they're doing a special 25% off discount on AT stuff from now through to midnight on the 11th. They say their website is down while being rebuilt but you can order through a facebook message for the moment (I'm a little suspicious of that but they have good reviews so are hopefully trustworthy). That'd work out to be £131.25 plus £4 postage for the GM edition.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yowch. That certainly makes me hesitant. Very much so, in fact.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How much are gundams? This is basically the same thing, right?

I don’t think the bean counters expect (or even care) that these models will ever be used in a game.

There is a point where a model ceases to be a usable game piece.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
Adeptus Titanicus: Civitas Imperialis £25
Adeptus Titanicus: Imperialis Sector £75

These are the two battleboards they've shown off or plastic sets to make the terrain from? (or one of each)

Honestly this is about what the price I expected this would land at. I have no interest but I never really did (well slight lying: I reallllllly like those FW battleboards they showed off).

It's going to sell but as I've been saying forever here in this thread: this product is NOT aimed at us; we're not the target audience. The 30/40k people will eat this up like there's no tomorrow. This product seems like a total steal as they're otherwise stuck paying 800quid for a 'real' warlord in their worldview. While not as 'cool' the ROI for them is immense. Add in they've been trained for decades to take any crap at about price this isn't out of ordinary for that market.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GW has said in the past they were primarily a model company … NOT a war gaming producer. Gaming/rules are secondary … So as you see with 40K rules, those are IMO not very "good", I know I wouldn't play them. :o

And we do know that 40K models from both GW & FW are much, much more expensive that smaller scale, i.e. 6mm Epic. Plus 8mm Titans are @ the size of 40K Knights. So that is probably the price range they are looking for, i.e. Mo' Money ! O0

Which is a very good marketing plan/business model … they have to make $$$$ to stay in biz … simple as that … ^-^

Attachments:
$$$$$.jpg
$$$$$.jpg [ 73.89 KiB | Viewed 4495 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
GlynG wrote:
Adeptus Titanicus: Civitas Imperialis £25
Adeptus Titanicus: Imperialis Sector £75

These are the two battleboards they've shown off or plastic sets to make the terrain from? (or one of each)

Honestly this is about what the price I expected this would land at. I have no interest but I never really did (well slight lying: I reallllllly like those FW battleboards they showed off).

Modular terrain, 4 times as many sprues worth in the more expensive pack.

The FW battle boards are beautiful but an eyewatering £96 per 2 by 2 foor square piece, or a special deal of £460 for a 6 by 4 table worth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

WDF !!!!! :o :o :o :nooo

That's more than a monthly car payment for most people ?!?!??!? :o :o :o :o

Attachments:
BLEEP'n.gif
BLEEP'n.gif [ 3.76 KiB | Viewed 4483 times ]
DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.gif
DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.gif [ 3.44 KiB | Viewed 4483 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My biggest issue with Forgeworld’s 2’x2’ terrain tiles is that the roadways are aligned with the table edges. It makes all of the possible combinations look so repetitive and artificial. If they would just offset the roads by 30 degrees then you could hide a lot of the repetition and at the same time make the firing lanes a bit longer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I wonder if it'd be possible to convert them? To cut them up, seperating the roadways from the buildings, and using each seperately as regular scatter terrain. You could make a board fitting the tournament scenario's terrain guidelines then rather than excessive roads and buildings everywhere, which might change the relative balance between armies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
We finally have UK retail prices:

Adeptus Titanicus Grandmaster Edition £175
Adeptus Titanicus: Warlord Battle Titan £65

Yeah... no

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

US Prices:

$290 for the Grand Master box
$60 for the basic rules box
$110 for a warlord
$35 for 3 knights
$40 for the smaller terrain box
$125 for the larger terrain box

So, not going to get the big box then - I think I would have gone for it if the MSRP was $250 (I'd go through an internet discounter).

I don't foresee brick and mortar stores selling too many of either the big box set or the warlord. Paying full price plus sales tax for models you can't use in your 30mm army is a losing venture.

Necromunda is cheaper and has models that can be easily used in a game of 40k, and it's still not doing well where I live.

I guess I need to get back into 3D modeling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If only I knew someone in the UK !!

Well apparently we aren't allowed to know the Australian prices until Saturday but reliably it is roughly -
Grandmaster - nearly $500 with change being less than a McDonald's meal- (175 pound equals $306.38AUD),
Rules Set - around $100 - (35 pound equals $61.27 AUD),
Questoris Knights around $60 -(20 pound equals $35AUD).
Warlord just short of $200- (65pound equals $113.82 AUD)

Also there will be limited stock per store.
The Aussie tariff is alive and well!! We used to be able to buy direct from GW UK and save a lot. That was stopped and now there is no escaping the huge mark ups.

If this proves to be to true then the Aussie mark ups are very disappointing and I might sulk and even forego the rules.

Sigh very disappointing after waiting so long.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I do feel bad for those hoping for a rebirth of GW-concern for things Epic. However, considering the embiggenment-conspiracy and general disregard for what happens here, I am cautiously optimistic now that they have minimized what could have been a lethal blow to this hobby. Actually, raising awareness while offering nothing worthwhile is probably the best possible outcome for Epic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

:O ;(

Imagine the NZ prices… won’t anyone think of the Antipodeans? Especially the poor ones who are increasingly pessimistic about the declining state of the world?

You are paying for what you get, and I wish no failure on anyone! But gone are the days when this would be the game of choice between friends in their twenties, methinks—and it had real potential.

Alas for me, it doesn’t raise the prospects of Epic gaming (or any other miniature gaming, really). Perhaps the problem is me? Maybe I just don’t get as excited about it as I used to?

At least the giant robots look cool, and the rules appear to be quite solid and interesting from what I’ve heard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Those US / Australia prices are pretty bad.

lylekelm wrote:
If only I knew someone in the UK !!

If it's feasable I'd be happy to help out. It depends on what the ease of availability here in the UK is.

If you want to work out whether it saves you any money (postage + import tax?), and you're happy for me to take no responsibility for delivery beyond posting the thing via your preferred service, feel free to PM me.

Maybe this is worth looking at:
https://www.parcel2go.com/parcel-delivery/australia
Again, I'd leave you to investigate. :)

*EDIT* Wargames Armoury, previously mentioned by Glyn (https://www.facebook.com/wargamesarmoury/) say they will ship to the US, so perhaps they'll do Australia too. To get 25% discount you have to pre-order. Pre-orders close this midnight on the 11th August.

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

Last edited by elsmore01 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 80  Next