Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
'More' could further Knights and the scenery though? There's 4-6 2 by 2' tiles coming for one.

There's going to be a supplement focussing on titandeath at Beta-Garmon (the largest numbers of titans battling ever and the reason why titans become rare from then on) which will have rules for a handful more titan legions in (each has specific bonuses now).

They've said they have no plans for a new Epic in the next few years, if ever (and if they did it would be 30k Marines vs Marines rather than all the armies).

Have they actually said that publicly as the designer did state he wrote the rules with infantry and tanks in mind.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh it's definitely a possibility eventually and they designed the building with flat rooves that would work for square infantry bases potentially.

If AT sells well they have talked about thinking of doing a Beast Arising expansion (it's the biggest ever Ork invasion a few hundred years after the HH) which would add Ork Gargants. That's probably years away if ever, after they've expanded loads of other Imperial and Chaos titans though.

Personally I'm not interested in a possible new Epic game at a larger scale and only ever 30k HH marines vs marines.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes agreee - I can imagine it getting quite boring maybe. Btw, just looked at a comment by the designer and you are absolutely right, although he did some initial thoughts for infantry, it doesn’t appear to be in the pipeline:

“We very much designed this game to be Titans only, but we also designed the game to avoid the problems that the original AT had when it introduced infantry. (No more boltguns stripping voids!)

So yeah, I did some rough ground work and mocked up some very basic sketch-level rules on how infantry might work, but it was never developed. The amount of work it would take to produce enough different small units to make it interesting means it's unlikely to happen, for a good long while if ever.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A new Epic Horus Heresy would also potentially canibalise some of their (much more lucrative) sales of 32mm HH armies models which makes me think it seems less likely. Arguably the same could apply to 40k titans but such a tiny minority splash out for them AT will more likely compensate for it.

If we're lucky we might get some Gargants, Eldar, Bio-Titans, ect eventually. It depends how well the game sells and it's tricky to know at the moment (they've sold out of the boxed game in most countries but probably intentionally did so to make it more sought after). There seems to be some interest in the local gamers for it and a couple of the old Epic gamers in Bristol are coming out of retirement to try it, time will tell I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think they've kept their options open with regard to infantry and tanks. It struck me the new buildings are perfect for plonking infantry on...

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Don't see it happening myself. In the intervening years since the last time they gave it a proper go with more than a few races (1997), each race has been expanded still further. So the sheer number of units they'd need to do to satisfy people is monumental. Especially in a small scale game you expect variety, but they'd have to be mad to do it - replicate 40K in a new scale.

As alluded to above, the reason AT makes sense as a fully supported game is that the overlap with 40k is minimal. They are addressing the fact that people want titans but those units are ridiculous in the extreme in that game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

elsmore01 wrote:
I think they've kept their options open with regard to infantry and tanks. It struck me the new buildings are perfect for plonking infantry on...

Also maybe they did flat roofs so one can use existing Epic Infantry as well … but that is just a guess. :-\

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Kyrt wrote:
Don't see it happening myself. In the intervening years since the last time they gave it a proper go with more than a few races (1997), each race has been expanded still further. So the sheer number of units they'd need to do to satisfy people is monumental. Especially in a small scale game you expect variety, but they'd have to be mad to do it - replicate 40K in a new scale.

As alluded to above, the reason AT makes sense as a fully supported game is that the overlap with 40k is minimal. They are addressing the fact that people want titans but those units are ridiculous in the extreme in that game.

I agree … totally … 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In the last marketing emails concerning the Warhounds, they mention that new Weapons and titan packs are in the works.

I get the feeling that GW underestimated the demand on this one

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Again as frequently occurs with GW/FW on most things … We'll have to wait an see. With them as with any business that is in business to make $$$. ;) If sales are good enough they will make more of the product to sell as long as they are making a profit, of course … ^-^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

elsmore01 wrote:

Recon pics of the new & some old, etc. Epic buildings … 8) [not mine BTW !] Again I think they did this so one could use existing Infantry stands. And some guys may use those buildings for other Infantry besides GW or even for other games besides :eh GW's Epic. :o :nooo

Yes, Virginia … some people buy other minis and play other games besides GW's ... ^-^

Attachments:
39467272_10156539866942497_466395777187446784_n.jpg
39467272_10156539866942497_466395777187446784_n.jpg [ 87.4 KiB | Viewed 2301 times ]
39629890_2233813306839919_3932894010984628224_n.jpg
39629890_2233813306839919_3932894010984628224_n.jpg [ 111.92 KiB | Viewed 2418 times ]

Last edited by Legion 4 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Here's another positive thing about this game being released:

http://www.deepcutstudio.com/product/ga ... titanicus/

(more?) 6-8mm scaled battlemats :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deep Cut makes beautiful mats, and they wear really well.

...but the initial investment is always a bit of a shock.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Anyone have a copy yet? I'm curious about the transfers we get. No one's scalping these on eBay yet so haven't gotten a good look at them

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Anyone have a copy yet? I'm curious about the transfers we get. No one's scalping these on eBay yet so haven't gotten a good look at them

When I search for "adeptus titanicus transfer" I see a couple of auction for Warlord and Knights transfer sheets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 80  Next