Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The consequences of the Blood Bowl release being so successful will push back AT2 unfortunately.
I like Doomkittens idea about the dice. That would be a great bonus for the game play.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quite looking forward to this game.
Has the warlord just got one carapace weapon on that template, or am I missing something there?

Also a link to the Forgeworld Adeptus Titanicus Seminar via Battle Bunnies...
Adeptus Titanicus Seminar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, i had wondered that. Looking at the 28mm version, the weapons released so far (missile launchers and las blasters) are both bought in pairs, so i guessed they count as one extra large weapon system.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So I heard something from a friend who used to work at GW, and talks to people who now work in Notts.

This is of course said with a grain of salt, and this guy has very little interest in Adepticus Titanicus.

Anyway, he said that part of the reason for the delayed production is issues with the models. The most recent GW day, or whatever its' called(I don't know) where they showcased the 28mm version of the game was originally going to be very near the launch date of the game. This is because somebody, somewhere along the line, thought it would be an easy task to rescale the 28mm large titans(obviously with less detachable parts) to the 6/8mm scaale. This was done, brought to a meeting and it was realised that it made the models look crap.

This meant that they had to remake them almost from the ground up(which is something that people like Ben and Onslaught would know a lot about) to fit the new scale.

I was pretty incredulous during the telling of this story, since it seemed crazy to me that they would be unaware how bad the scale issues would be. However thinking about it, GW hasn't done something in a two different scales in a long time, and with CAD design becoming the go-to means of creating in 6/8mm it does actually seem possible.

Do you guys think this could be true? I'm still skeptical as I do remember many GW workers used to start bullshit rumours all the time, because of some stupid GW policy or something. I don't think my friend is lying to me, but perhaps he has been lied to?

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Do you guys think this could be true?

The 40k scale Reaver and the Warhound models were done with traditional sculpting techniques, so it's definitely false there; there's no CAD files available to FW to down-scale.

I find it quite plausible that the Knights & Warlord Titan (which were done using CAD) would require different details on the panel lines etc in order to show up at 8mm(?) scale, but I'd be surprised if this was only "discovered" at a big meeting close to the release date - production lead times are measured in *seasons* for a company the size of Forgeworld, not weeks or months.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Matty_C wrote:
Quite looking forward to this game.
Has the warlord just got one carapace weapon on that template, or am I missing something

Perhaps inspired by the Epic 40k Lucius Warlord or some odd love of symmetry FW wrote the 40k Warlord rules to require it to have a pair of one weapon type on the carapace rather than a free choice of two. I don't like the limitation and intend to ignore it on my own titans. It looks like the AT rules have just amalgamated the two weapons into a single thing in game terms.

I like how the larger Warlord weapons are more powerful than the versions of the same carried by a Reaver though. Also that a Warlord can carry a bank of 4 vortex or incendiary missiles on it's carapace and it's CC weapon has an inbuilt vulcan mega bolter, allowing a loyalist version of a Banelord to be fielded.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To expand on what E&C said, we've seen a reduced-size Warlord at assorted Forgeworld events for what, a year now?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think it is all an excuse, I think maybe they have done well with blood bowl, age of sigmar now seems to be doing pretty well, and 40 k keep rolling on, I just think they have put this on the back burner or will not bother releasing it. All this talk about trouble with scale downsizing sounds fishy to me.

Look at all those bums on seats at gw, are you telling me those sort of numbers cant get this wrapped up ?
I personally think the idea has been shelved, and may come out at another time when gw need a bit of sales boost or some publicity.

I hope not, but i have pretty much given up on this now. ::)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nah it'll definitely be released - they're continuing pre publicity about it and ran a demo game at a recent event (using 40k scale titans) showing off demo rules, artwork and game cards.

If the rumours about them switching from resin to plastic for the Warlord are true then that explains the delay. It wouldn't be the first time dates have been pushed back - the Battle for Prospero was originally going to be the 4th big HH book they published but it proved challenging and got pushed back to the 8th one in the end.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, I was fairly sceptical of what he was saying. However he said that this was a while ago, and that the original release date was supposed to be around the date of the 40k scale event.

Basically showing off that game in that way was planned for that specific event a long time ago, and to not have that game would have made the weekend far too empty, so the went ahead, even though the original plan was to have the game to hand at that event.

This story, to me, seems possibly mixed up with the plastic/resin rumours.

Anyway, either way, we have to wait.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes if they are changing from the idea from resin to plastic then that is a completely different story, scenery should be good hopefully then !

Looked through there fantasy range the other day and it seems they have replaced/returned a lot of the fantasy warhammer stuff, I am especially tempted by the ogre gnoblers, Have never seen or heard of these things before, they are just a lower class of goblin apparently a bit like grots but more skinny, may actually a set to kit bash and convert, Just liked the look of the minatures :) Will be the first time in 8 or nine years i purchased minatures from gw :D

Post subject: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A user on FB (not sure if I should post name for credit without users knowledge) posted a leaked photo from the upcoming white dwarf. Looks like there will be a bit of info aboutAdeptus Titanicus in there?

Edit: more up on bell of lost souls now.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There is of course this: https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -liveblog/ (designer comments are about 1/2 way down).

...and hopefully the GW Studio Preview event at Adepticon (tomorrow night) will have some information about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To fill everyone in:

AT was not covered at the GW Studio event at Adepticon.

Someone asked a staffer about it after the event, and was told that it was being delayed till next year (NOTE: hard to know the veracity of this, but it's what was reported).

It's being theorized that this is to make time to do plastic titans for the box.

We'll see what April's White Dwarf has to say...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

With the number of new games scheduled to be released this year already (BB, warhammer quest x2, delfdar gangs thing, necromunda revamp, aos arena thing plus 8th ed 40k) I'm not surprised. They weren't kidding when they said they were struggling to find a gap in the release schedule!

Disappointing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 80  Next