Login |  Register |  FAQ

Chaos Hordes

Post subject: Chaos Hordes
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:52 am 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Well, the Epic Chaos lists are now out and available, in their first form. What do you all think? Personally, I find them interesting, but it feels like there is something missing - I am just not sure exactly what.

It is good that the four powers start to feel different from each other, and fantastic that we are finally faced with the rivalry of the powers again.

I am still looking to put together my Slaanesh force, and I considered a Khorne one a while ago, so I guess that both of those are on the way. Knowing me, I will end up with five armies - the four powers and an undivided!

I am also interested in the new troop types available, and I must admit that I cant wait to see the Epic Raptors!  :cool:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:01 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

some of the units seem not so good. like nurglings. why would you take them?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  I'll try soon.  i wont have much to compare it against though.  I've never been a chaos player in any version (the closest to chaos for me is my Skaven) and never played Chaos in Epic40K (the only version I've played previous to epicA).  I'll be interested in what the greater daemons are like though, if anything just to provide a little insight into the Avatar.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:09 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

As for the Greater Daemons, I was surprised that they were classed as War Engines. Then, when I thought about it more, I realised what a great idea this actually was!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I've just had a quick glimpse of the list.

I went straight to the Greater Daemons.  DC2 for three of them, which I assume will be the same for the Avatar.  It is interesting giving them war engine stats, and I think should work nicely.  I think I would like slightly larger models than the current ones to show it though.  (well than the epic Avatar at least)

I wonder what the stats will be like for the Avatar.  I would say pretty much the same as the Bloodthirster, other than its speed.  I would definantly expect a close combat value of 2+ too.

I like the way the different factions dont get along now.  Its one thing that bugged me in other things, how they all get along.  Do they fight in 40K?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've really been looking forward to playtesting  EpicA.  However, I've been way too busy painting my Mortifactors for Baltimore GT.  I have a few questions about the Chaos list:

1) Can you have CSM and Titans in the same list?

2) If not, what can you take in the Titan list?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (RobertBMartin @ 24 2003 Jan.,14:56)
1) Can you have CSM and Titans in the same list?

1) Yes. To a degree. The CSM list currently has Questors, Plague Towers, Lords of Battle and Banelords.

2) I remember there being sme mention have having access to Traitor Titan legions as allies