Login |  Register |  FAQ

Towing (the line)

Post subject: Towing (the line)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was reading through Duncan's lovely post on armies (qudos) and came across the Squat part.
Like any sane minded person, my blood began to boil and I let out a lethargy of curses usually ending in the words .....Steve Cole!
Once I had restrained myself (been restrained by others), I did give some thought to the towed war engine,
i.e a thunderfire being towed by a rhino. - now ive done exactly the smae with knights where tractors are pulling an armed vehicle with a move of zero - so what are the rules for terrain with these? i.e dangerous terrain.
As a transported unit, I'm assuming only the transport needs to role
e.g the rhino pulls the thunderfire through the ruins - one dangerous terrain per rhino.

but

What happens if the rhino goes pop? Does the thunderfire need to make a save like a transported unit would if its transport failed a dangerous terrain?

and

When you plop the rhino just next to the ruin and drop the thunderfire in it (-1 to hit) does this count as a move, and so would the thunderfire need to take a dangerous terrain (like a transported infantry unit disembarking into water, and so with the go-slow).

p.s feel free to reply using terms like 'only Squats would have to take this test,' and 'knights lists don't need to do this as they suck enough.'

All views appreciated and enjoyed. :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Towing (the line)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You'll note Mr legal eagle that 1.7.5 specifies transported 'units' not infantry. As such its the same for LVs and AVs as with infantry as for all intents and purposes so the gun is 'inside the transport' so you only DT test for the transport. However, as the static gun moves when dismounting (5cm dismount) you have to roll for the gun if you deploy it into DT. Though as you're going gently you do get a reroll. Armour saves as well with infantry (so bailout or stat line depending on what is better).

Obviously, squats also automatically get reinforced armour and fearless as soon as they dismount but you already new that from our last game. ;-)

Profile Send private message