Evil and Chaos wrote:
#2 - The invasion of Achill-Quag
This would chart the history of an Ork invasion of a planet the Ad-Mech uses as an agri-world, entirely dedicated to producing a nutrient gruel that sustains 20% of Accatran Forgeworld's Servitors. The planet is largely composed of fertile algae swamps, as the Ad-Mech have levelled off mountains and filled seas in order to dedicate as much area as possible to growing nutrients.
The Orks have come to steal technology from the Ad-Mech facilities in order to build Gargants for their Waaaagh!
Knights and Skitarii are stationed on the planet in "peactime", and in response to the Ork attack, Accatran Forgeworld sends the Titan Legion Legio Destructor (In the background, the biggest Titan Legion with 100+ Titans, known as the Steel Beasts) to combat the Orks.
The resulting war takes 3-4 years before it is settled, and by the end also invoves a couple of IG Regiments, and a Gargant Bigmob that the Orks have built on the planet.
This idea is not based on any existing piece of background.
Involved forces would be:
- Orks (A generic waaaagh list)
- Ork Speed Freaks list
- Ork Gargant Bigmob list
- Ork variant list(s) such as Blood Axes, Deathskulls.
- Sun-Tzork's Grotling Horde!!!!!!1!
- AMTL (Using War Gryphonnes list but now renamed to Steel Beasts)
- Knightworld list
- Atillan Rough Riders IG list (Good counterpoint to the Ork Speed Freaks)
If you hold off on serious work on this until after August, I'm definitely in, but I think this is a bit ambitious. Just the Mechanicus is 3 armies, plus OGBM and one other Ork list is 5. I think the Atillans is a little bit redundant with the knights, at least as far as the "sweeping the plains" feel.
We have a series of scenarios we did for an Armageddon campaign. We started to adapt them for a "mean and green" supplement but there were a ton of titans so it was proving difficult and work stalled. However, that's not a problem with AM involved...
1) Sneaky Ork gits, aka Blood Axes, stage a planetside raid to take out orbital defense laser installations. Originally played with basic Ork list v IG, replayed with Blood Axe list. Can be readily adapted to Tech Guard.
2) BFG scenario where Ork Battlekrooza attempts to get Landas to the surface. Imperial defenses are affected by the results of scenario #1.
3) Titan pursuit scenario on wide open plains. Titans are trying to both destroy the orks on the board and move enough forces off-board to continue their pursuit of the main Ork force. Originally played AMTL v Speed Freeks. Could be adapted to knights. Not sure about terrain, but there'd have to be some dry land.
4) AMTL versus a landed Ork Rok Fortress in a jungle. The infamous battle where my battlefortress mob was about to crush a Warlord titan and instead self-desctructed through a ridiculous series of failed terrain checks and criticals. Readily adapted to an algae swamp.
5) Dockyard assault by Krawlas coming up out of the sea. Originally OGBM v IG and hive militia that we made up. Readily adaptable to Tech Guard and forge militia versus Krawlas rising out of an algae sea to attack a giant processing facility.
6) Gargants and Orks try to capture factory complex against AMTL. Weighted for the Orks, however, they can accidentally destroy the factories instead of capturing them and that subtracts from their victory (which is exactly what happened).
7) Massive siege scenario - 4K Orks, plus half of the survivors of all scenarios versus 2K IG (Skitarii) versus half the Imperial survivors of all scenarios, preferably on an oversized table. We actually never played this. It would have been about 10K on a side, with half a dozen titans and gargants.