Login |  Register |  FAQ

NetEA Battle Reports Standards?

Post subject: NetEA Battle Reports Standards?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hoping to confirm if there is a listing of the comprehensive details the ERC and ACs are looking for in battle reports please?

Obviously:
Armies involved
Result

Preferably or mandatory for opposition to be from approved lists?

Army lists used?
Is there any review of the 'control' lists build - i.e. whether is was standard, powerful or weak for the army norm?
Details as to what explicitly was being tested?
Players involved, possibly cross referenced to some form of their rankings data?
Board layout?
Broad outline of the turns and what happened?

I also understand that ideally the goal is 3x 6 games reports from different groups. Do these need to be different countries? Just different gaming groups with little or no cross over?

Cheers :)

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NetEA Battle Reports Standards?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:42 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

D_Arquebus wrote:
Preferably or mandatory for opposition to be from approved lists?

This is down to AC preference, the general preference is to use NetEA lists, ideally approved but developmental will usually be acceptable too, if you want to use an EpicUK or other list, state as such, most ACs are happy for the playtests!

Quote:
Army lists used?

ideally yes

Quote:
Is there any review of the 'control' lists build - i.e. whether is was standard, powerful or weak for the army norm?
nothing explicit but any additional information is always useful

Quote:
Details as to what explicitly was being tested?

please see above, it's always good to know what the test was for (if anything specific)

Quote:
Players involved, possibly cross referenced to some form of their rankings data?

I wouldn't say this would be too big of a deal unless they were really new to the game, a simple mention of skill disparity would be useful

Quote:
Board layout?

A quick pic is always useful

Quote:
Broad outline of the turns and what happened?

that's good but not essential, just a summing up is all that's really required

Quote:
I also understand that ideally the goal is 3x 6 games reports from different groups. Do these need to be different countries? Just different gaming groups with little or no cross over?

different groups that rarely crossover is the ideal, I don't think different countries is a requirement, it's just a way to get an idea of how lists fare in a variety of local metagames

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Post subject: Re: NetEA Battle Reports Standards?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I'd prefer if the lists were NetEA, and even then if they were from the more established balanced ones (Codex, Steel Legion, Orks, Black Legion). That's not required though (incorporating it now would likely result in even fewer battle reports).

A post with the lists and any special considerations (attempting to break X, testing spam of Y, etc) in the first post is helpful, as are pictures of the start of turns. If you can provide pics of every activation that be great, if not just an activation break down is fine.

In terms of terrain set up, at least 12 terrain pieces as explained in 6.1.2.

6 games need to be from the AC, the remaining 12 games must be from 2-3 different playgroups. They don't need to be different countries, just people that don't play with each other all the time. No cross over if they do play with each other now and then. Ultimately we're trying to see the list played in different metas to suss out anything glaring balance-wise.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17