Login |  Register |  FAQ

Eldar List

Post subject: Eldar List
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello Guys,

Ok so I still can't log onto the playtest forum, but have you seen that the Eldar list has been posted. Interesting list, guts half my stuff because of odd counts but it is interesting.

I am sure people who play Eldar as their main army will have further comments.

dafrca

Come fight me, if you dare...... http://dd-janks.mybrute.com

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Has anyone read the new Eldar list? What do you think of it and what kind of feedback do you have for it?

dafrca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Stealing the initiative seems almost unfair, i mean, if i remember correctly its possible for the eldar player to act four times in a row.

Anyhow, i need to get more farseers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I found the list to be very interesting. I do have a "fluff" question. Not being an Eldar player myself I could just be misunderstanding something. I thought the Falcon was the Eldar's main transport but this list seems to indicate that they are not. For example the Guardians can not take Falcons as transports only Wave Serpents. Are the Falcons the Eldar MBT?

dafrca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If that's true, then it's just another E-A rule I'll ignore. But who knows what the final list will say ??? ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion 4,

Could you maybe elaberate on your answer. I did ask because I did want to understand. Was I right in my limited understanding of the role of the Falcon?

My one friend said that based on the fluff the Serpent is the main APC and the Falcon is more like the Marine's Razerback. Is that the way you see it?

dafrca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well since '90 the Falcon could carry 2 stands of infantry. So like the Razorback, Land Raider, or Chimera, these are more like Infantry Fighting Vehicles than APCs because of their fire power. Where the Rhino is purely an APC because of it's limited fire power. ?The Serpent was an APC with a special weapon. ?Verses the Falcon that was actually a troop carrier and a main battle tank "hybrid", for the Eldar. ?Weird and now a bit confusing, but it is Sci-Fi and frankly it is just another form of Jervis's convoluted thought process. ?He managed to confuse us with the Orks too, with the Gun Truk, Gun Wagon, Battle Wagon, Battle Fortress distinctions (did I miss one ? ??? ) ??? ? There are parts of the E-A experiment that sounds more like a disinformation program or Orwellian "New-Speak" ???? ? ? But what do I know ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The Falcon (in 40K) is the Eldars main battle tank, and has some troop transport capability (6 men).  The wave serpent is the main troop transporter, carrying 10 models, or even 5 Wraithguard and a warlock.  WG cant fit into falcons.

I haven't had a chance to look at the list yet.  I've not been online much the last week.  As soon as I've had a look, I'll post my thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:56 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Well, a real indication is given in the army lists. This is only the first draft, and could well all change, but Guardian formations can only take Wave Serpents as transports, while Aspect Warrior formations get the choice of Wave Serpents or Falcons. I guess this does make the Wave Serpent the primary transport vehicle (especially as you must have at least as many Guardians as Aspects). I am so glad I got loads of Falcons for my E40K Eldar!  ???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I just had a quick glimpse over the list.

Some of the weapons are incorrect.  For instance the Falcon is armed with a bright lance instead of pulsar.  Wave serpents have scatter lasers instead of shuriken cannons.  Jet bikes dont get an armour save (WTF?)  The Cobra Distort Cannon can shoot 60cm  ???   and is effectively a volcano cannon.  Boring.  Where is its ability to ignore shields?  Also, where are the holofield for the engines of Vaul.

I think I'll visit the playtesters forum, and ask some fo these questions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As I have said before this is very much a work-in-progress situation.  The Epic-A experiment continues.  Many of us have a lot of Falcons from SM1, SM2, E40K etc., Jervis should have thought about that, but we all have to decide what rule system we want to use and how we are going to use it.  Again, Epic-A is still under construction, let Jervis know your thoughts, but we won't really know until it's released ... go with it :D ...